Platinum expansion

Guil

Re: Platinum expansion

Post by Guil »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:00 am

PC players paid the exact same price for the season pass as you did. Interesting too, that they even got the same features. I only say they because I didn't buy the season pass. I usually take a pass on one of the DLC's with each version, so I can pick and choose the other ones I want, and I usually save a little money in the end.

It's not even about GIANTS trying to screw console players. It's a culmination of generally weaker hardware on console and GIANTS not optimizing the game very well. At the end of the day, isn't the issue you have partly because of the way YOU choose to play? Not entirely GIANTS' fault. Neither is it yours.
There is no season pass on PC, the speculation is the season pass exists for console so the total price of season pass and game equals the cost of game and all DLC on PC. I've never actually checked but that is what people say.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Guil wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:18 pm

PC players paid the exact same price for the season pass as you did. Interesting too, that they even got the same features. I only say they because I didn't buy the season pass. I usually take a pass on one of the DLC's with each version, so I can pick and choose the other ones I want, and I usually save a little money in the end.

It's not even about GIANTS trying to screw console players. It's a culmination of generally weaker hardware on console and GIANTS not optimizing the game very well. At the end of the day, isn't the issue you have partly because of the way YOU choose to play? Not entirely GIANTS' fault. Neither is it yours.
There is no season pass on PC, the speculation is the season pass exists for console so the total price of season pass and game equals the cost of game and all DLC on PC. I've never actually checked but that is what people say.
After reading your reply, It dawned on me that in fact, we don't get the season pass. I never paid attention I suppose.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I want to ask Chris, why Claas Axion 800 series doesnt have front loader attachment, but in real life it has?
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Guil wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Here are the Canadian prices for FS19.

Steam (PC) Base game $44.99

Console (XBox One) Base game $66.99
Console (XBox One) Premium edition $119.99 (includes season pass)
Console (XBox One) Season Pass only $66.99 (if you buy it separately)

They have a long way to go to make what they consider DLC to be worth the extra bucks.

so 119.99 - 44.99 = 75.00
So PC DLC needs to cost 75 bucks for it all to be equal. And that's only if console players got the "Premium Edition" rather than buying them separately. Otherwise PC DLC would need to cost $88.99.

There's nothing equal about it, it's a milking of console players, no questions about it.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Let's look at the prices of what is released so far,

PS4 premium €89.99

PC Steam €34.99
All DLC so far €34.97
Total € 69.96

That's just so far, chances are there will be at least another big DLC next year if not more.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Maybe it's just Canadian console players getting milked.
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:09 pm Maybe it's just Canadian console players getting milked.
this exactly lol :lol:
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:49 am There’s always the chance that you won’t get what you’re hoping for when buying a seasons pass. It’s a gamble YOU take.

I wasn’t happy about the Anderson and “John Deere” cotton DLC’s. But oh well, I didn’t cry about it either. The way I saw it, was... extra equipment you can chose to play with.

But this Platinum expansion...?
Who cares about Anderson and the McCormack cotton DLC’s?! We’re getting over 35 vehicles and equipment from CLAAS!

This season pass was totally worth it already.

And who knows what else we’re getting
Was it really totally worth it already? You're saying you dont care for Anderson or cotton dlc. Do you realize seasons pass is more expensive than the platinum expansion?! Lets hope they drop another great dlc next year, but I doubt it since fs21 will be alot of work!

That said, Im hyped for this platinum expansion! :smileynew:
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's Sony NA, in the USA store NBA 2K20 legend edition is $99.99
The same game in the Canada store is $119.99
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 am You also have to remember that with consoles you have Sony and Microsoft with their hands out.
Steam has their hand out too. I think this comes down to the game companies.
I think that console prices are higher because their games are harder to pirate, so companies feel they can charge anything they want and still get sales.
PC games need to be priced cheaper. If a savvy PC player doesn't like the price they're likely to hunt down a torrent.

just a guess though.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

The whole point of a season pass is to save money by purchasing up front. If the cost of the season pass is the same as the dlc’s there is no point to buying the season pass. And we all know there is usually a couple bugs with the dlc upon release so there isn’t much point to getting it right off the bat, better to wait a couple weeks until a dlc patch comes out.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

AndyPandy wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:17 am Was it really totally worth it already? You're saying you dont care for Anderson or cotton dlc. Do you realize seasons pass is more expensive than the platinum expansion?! Lets hope they drop another great dlc next year, but I doubt it since fs21 will be alot of work!

That said, Im hyped for this platinum expansion! :smileynew:
For me? Yeah.
Of course I hope for more. Like a KRONE dlc (hint hint)

But this CLAAS expansion is totally awesome. Can’t wait
Ignorance is bliss
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Theres also tax
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Im just adding my two penneth worth, ive tried all the maps on console and im wondering how all the slot counts get used, a bit of management and i can have all buildings and equipment i need and still have slots free, the more maps that are optimised for seasons seem to be lowering slot counts anyway..but what do I know..lol
You keep a Troshin :hi:
Syd11@live.com

Post by Syd11@live.com »

It says that the platinum expansion is only for pc when is released. So when is it available for console?