Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Fifty1990

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Fifty1990 »

Cazzy3000 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:23 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:10 pm My hopes are fs21 will be on the next gen consoles and hopefully that helps slots and looks of the game otherwise I agree...fs21 won't beat fs19 with all that's being released
Is slots really console problem or fs engine? There's plenty of console games that have vast more details and other stuff going in than fs
Only noticed the slots on fs17 once on my test map. On fs19 the slots are way more limiting. The buff they did to the graphics of fs19 and left optimisation out killed the console people with slots. If they want to make a big hit on fs21 i fear a new engine or a big update to the old engine is really needed.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

I know for a fact that skyrim and oblivion had something like slots. I know because of the dupe exploits. If you duped too much of something into the game, it would crash every time.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'm not saying slots will go away, I get they are there for a reason. Maybe more slots to play with, just all-around I hope better then what we have now. Especially if fs21 and the next gen consoles are coming just one would think it's going to be better
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Slots represent the available video memory on the console. So big maps take more slots, mods with large textures or high poly count take more slots.

A PC can have more available video memory and can also exceed the available video memory. The PC will then shuffle data from video memory to DRAM.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

asyvan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:40 am Slots represent the available video memory on the console. So big maps take more slots, mods with large textures or high poly count take more slots.

A PC can have more available video memory and can also exceed the available video memory. The PC will then shuffle data from video memory to DRAM.
Right, I'm well aware to get away from slots totally is a PC. I choose console because it's more in my price range and I enjoy other games also. I'm just hoping for more with the next gens with all they are putting into them and hopefully that expands what we see on them for fs21. Pure wishes at this point lol
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Fifty1990 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:14 am Only noticed the slots on fs17 once on my test map. On fs19 the slots are way more limiting. The buff they did to the graphics of fs19 and left optimisation out killed the console people with slots. If they want to make a big hit on fs21 i fear a new engine or a big update to the old engine is really needed.
"The engine" has little to do with it. It's textures in RAM which is the issue, and as it's a physical limitation of the current generation of consoles there's no obvious solution.

Six years (since the release of current gen consoles) is a lifetime in the tech industry.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:53 am Right, I'm well aware to get away from slots totally is a PC. I choose console because it's more in my price range and I enjoy other games also. I'm just hoping for more with the next gens with all they are putting into them and hopefully that expands what we see on them for fs21. Pure wishes at this point lol
Hey Vondeylenfarms, I appreciate cost is a major problem for many folk when choosing between console or PC or whatever. My own gaming PC blew up two days before FS19 was released (mainly because I knocked it on it's backside whilst under the influence of cider) and so until a week ago I was playing FS19 on a £250 five year old laptop which could (just about) run the game on medium settings.

A couple of weeks ago I was finally in the position to buy a new gaming PC (low end) but it runs FS19 brilliantly and cost £420. OK, I already had a monitor, keyboard etc and my buddy recycled the graphics card from my old PC, but a PC that will play FS to a good level is not so expensive, certainly cheaper than the new generation of consoles will be I think.

I guess I'm saying that a half decent PC can actually be cheaper than a console if you shop around.

Good luck whatever you choose,

BT.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

BoxTunnel wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:34 am A couple of weeks ago I was finally in the position to buy a new gaming PC (low end) but it runs FS19 brilliantly and cost £420. OK, I already had a monitor, keyboard etc and my buddy recycled the graphics card from my old PC, but a PC that will play FS to a good level is not so expensive, certainly cheaper than the new generation of consoles will be I think.
For anyone considering moving to PC vs upgrading to one of the next gen consoles, also factor in that you can happily play on PC on TVs too just as most do with a console. You don't need a monitor and certainly not a fancy gaming one.

A £5 keyboard and cheap ~£10 mouse (wireless or not) is all you need, and if you want to recycle an existing controller from your XBox/PS then you can do that too, though depending on which one you have some may require a dongle if I remember correctly.
Ololo

Post by Ololo »

Please add Kirovets K-700A by Erlan10 and Kraz New Life by Axary!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

This probably isn't the place to ask but has anyone ever modded new animals into FS on PC? Like goats or something...
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Check out hof bergmann map. Has goats, ducks, rams etc
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
garyst

Post by garyst »

Really hope the custom modding JD 7r, New Holland combine, and the berthoud sprayer pack from the agritechnica mods get released this upcoming week. Those are the top three mods I am most excited for at the moment. :biggrin2:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Goose66 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:23 pm Check out hof bergmann map. Has goats, ducks, rams etc
Rams yeah? 16GB of Rams?
Ignorance is bliss
ivan700s

Post by ivan700s »

friends I don’t know where to write, I’ll write here, maybe someone knows who is updating tractors and New Holland and Case, I want to offer my help in creating a new picture on displays, pictures that are now of poor quality, blurry and not clear ... I can make new ones, but I need to contact someone who updates these machines.
I can work in Adobe Photoshop, I can re-draw these pictures with high quality.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Krd1749 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:39 pm This probably isn't the place to ask but has anyone ever modded new animals into FS on PC? Like goats or something...
Horses i think many years ago