Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

eric21
Posts: 6391
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by eric21 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:31 pm

No as they dont tend to work on bank holidays, though they have put out mods on some days. But its highly unlikely as it's a bank holiday

User avatar
Yeahrightio
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:50 pm
Location: Central NSW, Australia

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Yeahrightio » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:39 pm

Ah, fair enough. I guess everyone got the 40 series so that will keep us pacified until new mods are out. 🙂
I'll just say I'm from Australia :hi:
Let's say thanks to all modders for the mods that they create. *thumbsup*
If you can't find it, grind it. :smileynew:
If it ain't blue and white, it just ain't right

norfolk farmer
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by norfolk farmer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:15 pm

The 40 series has magical powers, no front pto yet it will run a front mower.

User avatar
vondeylenfarms
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm
Location: USA, Ohio

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by vondeylenfarms » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:29 pm

Well if it's a holiday there goes my hopes after Lanci told me his mods seem to be Thursday releases. Another weekend without stone valley possibly 😒
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS4
Welker Farms 475hrs counting
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22

Mwal
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Mwal » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Alagos wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:46 am
For some reason I'm seriously surprised most people appear so happy with this 40 series. I'm just disappointed myself..
It’s the console aspect of it I think. The tractor has almost a legendary status in the US not sure what to compare it to in other countries but here it seemed like everyone had one. So to get one for console players it’s a much bigger deal.

Honkyfarmer
Posts: 644
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:20 am

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Honkyfarmer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:51 pm

I guess I am opposite of most I love the new 40 series sound. I am so tired of the computer generated tractor noises we listen to on everything else. I do not see me updating for fear that they will change the engine sound

User avatar
JamP
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 6:45 am

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by JamP » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:44 pm

Alagos wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:46 am
For some reason I'm seriously surprised most people appear so happy with this 40 series. I'm just disappointed myself..
We are two. The sound seems unbearable to me. But there is another JD mod that I don't remember now that I don't like the sound either, and I stopped using it because of that.

BSM's MAN is also a little unbearable to my ears.

** As a side note, you have become a much better person apparently. It deserves praise. I remember our fights years ago over almost nothing. Congratulations!
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Facebook JamPLive

User avatar
iwan073
Posts: 1655
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by iwan073 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:53 pm

norfolk farmer wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:15 pm
The 40 series has magical powers, no front pto yet it will run a front mower.
Like the 1000 series and the Xerion
Farming Simulator 15, 17 & 19 on the PlayStation 4 Pro

SJ_Sathanas
Posts: 577
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 am

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:20 pm

JamP wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:44 pm
Alagos wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:46 am
For some reason I'm seriously surprised most people appear so happy with this 40 series. I'm just disappointed myself..
We are two. The sound seems unbearable to me. But there is another JD mod that I don't remember now that I don't like the sound either, and I stopped using it because of that.

BSM's MAN is also a little unbearable to my ears.

** As a side note, you have become a much better person apparently. It deserves praise. I remember our fights years ago over almost nothing. Congratulations!
I think BSM's MAN used the same sf/x as the Giants' MAN truck? Either way I'm not huge on how they sound either, and the BSM seems to suffer understeer with REA. I like BSM though and try to support them by downloading their mods. I can't speak on the technical quality of their mods but He/She/They (?) have come up with some unusual concepts and I'd like to see more.

User avatar
JamP
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 6:45 am

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by JamP » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:43 pm

Yes, I like most of your mods. My most played map is theirs.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Facebook JamPLive

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 2242
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by chedly_farms » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:21 pm

Day two of 40 series John Deere, still can’t wipe the smile off my face!

Side note: I love when we have holidays over here in the new world while they don’t in Germany. I strongly dislike when they have holiday over there and I don’t here. That being said....WE GOT THE FREAKIN’ JOHN DEERE 40 SERIES!!!!!!!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Osina, 200+ hours
Stone Valley x2, 1 1/2 hours
Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours - Retired.....

_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Retired Part Time Key-Board Warrior, Re-Retired Sarcastic Poster.
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

User avatar
vondeylenfarms
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm
Location: USA, Ohio

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by vondeylenfarms » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:59 pm

chedly_farms wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:21 pm
Day two of 40 series John Deere, still can’t wipe the smile off my face!

Side note: I love when we have holidays over here in the new world while they don’t in Germany. I strongly dislike when they have holiday over there and I don’t here. That being said....WE GOT THE FREAKIN’ JOHN DEERE 40 SERIES!!!!!!!
Lol agree on the holiday thing...now if stone valley arrives tomorrow, it will be a great week of mods
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS4
Welker Farms 475hrs counting
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22

User avatar
CrashhawkCE
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:56 am

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by CrashhawkCE » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:45 pm

I'm glad we got the 40 Series but there are some minor problems with the model that I think need to be addressed..

The biggest thing that gets me, strangely enough, is the beacons. When these tractors were manufactured, the beacons were at best an option. 4-way flashers were good enough.
The US configuration of row crops needs to be adjusted, they seem off to me.
Operating the front loader opens and closes the back window
No front PTO and yet you can use PTO required implements
The sounds are Meh. Different yet the loop is off, I think.

My $0.02

Crash
XB1 - Streaming daily on Twitch!
https://twitch.tv/CrashHawkCE

J & M Farms, Illinois
CJ Farms, On the Welsh Marches, Shropshire, UK

eric21
Posts: 6391
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by eric21 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:15 am

chedly_farms wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:21 pm
Day two of 40 series John Deere, still can’t wipe the smile off my face!

Side note: I love when we have holidays over here in the new world while they don’t in Germany. I strongly dislike when they have holiday over there and I don’t here. That being said....WE GOT THE FREAKIN’ JOHN DEERE 40 SERIES!!!!!!!
Holy roman empire

eric21
Posts: 6391
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by eric21 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:17 am

vondeylenfarms wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:59 pm
chedly_farms wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:21 pm
Day two of 40 series John Deere, still can’t wipe the smile off my face!

Side note: I love when we have holidays over here in the new world while they don’t in Germany. I strongly dislike when they have holiday over there and I don’t here. That being said....WE GOT THE FREAKIN’ JOHN DEERE 40 SERIES!!!!!!!
Lol agree on the holiday thing...now if stone valley arrives tomorrow, it will be a great week of mods
As of the 8th of June its stil pending

Post Reply