Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

garyst

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by garyst »

Who says the map failed? Lancyboi didn't mention anything on his Facebook about it failing again, maybe giants is just holding it til Thursday for release like they do with all his mods.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Lanci boi usually works during the day, we might get a comment later.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Well fsclub just said that it did fail again. Starting to feel like it's not even worth all this wait anymore.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Florish wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:45 pm

Houw childish can you be...

1st of all, "nice map" is personal, as for me i dont give a #@! About this map, for me it can be on the bottom of the list. Same for giants, they test it following the rules and not on opinions whether something is nice or not, if it fails, it fails and the modder has to fix it to be tested again somewere in the line. To many people blame giants, but in fact the modder hasnt made the map good in the first place (i know they cant test in consoles, so no bad word against the modders, this is just a fact), otherwisr it would be allready available.

And i am not even going to react on the childish scentence about the 3m cultivators...
Yeah dude, I get it. I understand the rules. Sorry for interjecting my opinion. What I meant by it was that a map is a mod that always seems to carry a bit more significance for most players of this game, and some days I wish they would let maps take precedence over some of the other mods that are waiting to be tested when all that needs to be fixed is something small. I worded it poorly out of frustration, my bad.
Florish

Post by Florish »

Thedebe48 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 pm
Florish wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:45 pm

Houw childish can you be...

1st of all, "nice map" is personal, as for me i dont give a #@! About this map, for me it can be on the bottom of the list. Same for giants, they test it following the rules and not on opinions whether something is nice or not, if it fails, it fails and the modder has to fix it to be tested again somewere in the line. To many people blame giants, but in fact the modder hasnt made the map good in the first place (i know they cant test in consoles, so no bad word against the modders, this is just a fact), otherwisr it would be allready available.

And i am not even going to react on the childish scentence about the 3m cultivators...
Yeah dude, I get it. I understand the rules. Sorry for interjecting my opinion. What I meant by it was that a map is a mod that always seems to carry a bit more significance for most players of this game, and some days I wish they would let maps take precedence over some of the other mods that are waiting to be tested when all that needs to be fixed is something small. I worded it poorly out of frustration, my bad.
:hi: :hi:
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

I'm curious about that lizard car trailer. Wonder if to haul a car....or if it's one of them baby trailers
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:35 pm Jesus man, how old are you all?!
I thought we went over this yesterday...
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:24 pm I'm curious about that lizard car trailer. Wonder if to haul a car....or if it's one of them baby trailers
Its update to the trailer, it's a little towable trailer
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Just for the record, a map (and presumably any mod) can have a tiny update and even be updated the same day. Last year I asked if a file on Oakfield could be changed immediately after it was released as one of our suggestions had been unintentionally left out by OxygenDavid. After I asked the GIANTS test team and OxygenDavid was able to update the XML file, sure enough the update was released a couple of hours after the original release.

But it depends on a few things:
A) how big is the update? The above example was a single file taking perhaps 5 minutes to suspect and 20 minutes to confirm - most fails or issues will take much longer.
B) Is the modder available to update it? Most work full time jobs during GIANTS' office hours.
C) Have GIANTS stopped testing mods for the day? They only test for so long. As much as it pains many here, understandably testing mods are very much secondary to testing game updates/new releases and DLCs than mods.

The testing list is a list, and rightly it doesn't matter what the mod is, it will be added to the end of the list. But in unique circumstances where only microscopic errors prevent it from being released, it can be brought forward.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Patrick73 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:37 pm Wow the farming ball stadium! I wonder if electronic arts would entertain the idea of tractor football teams on FIFA? WTF are giants thinking of by even testing this stuff? AND yes AND it’s been given top mod status!
Several people wanted the fsl stuff on console but obviously because of scripts couldn't.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Patrick73 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:37 pm Wow the farming ball stadium! I wonder if electronic arts would entertain the idea of tractor football teams on FIFA? WTF are giants thinking of by even testing this stuff? AND yes AND it’s been given top mod status!
Just don't download it then. Some others might enjoy it. It's not up to you whether they do or don't.

As for the "top mod status" that is... misguided at best. Over FS17 and FS19 there are probably hundreds of mods which don't have "top mod" status despite being technically many times better than some mods which do have "top mod status". Would you believe that OxygenDavid doesn't have top mod status? BulletBill didn't have it either. These are artists in FS yet they aren't considered "top mods".

Some say the status is biased to certain mod groups from certain demographics, irrespective of mod quality. It's hard to disagree from what I've seen.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:42 pm
Just don't download it then. Some others might enjoy it. It's not up to you whether they do or don't
i might be one of those others...
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:27 pm
iwan073 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:35 pm Jesus man, how old are you all?!
I thought we went over this yesterday...
LoL
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:33 pm Just for the record, a map (and presumably any mod) can have a tiny update and even be updated the same day. Last year I asked if a file on Oakfield could be changed immediately after it was released as one of our suggestions had been unintentionally left out by OxygenDavid. After I asked the GIANTS test team and OxygenDavid was able to update the XML file, sure enough the update was released a couple of hours after the original release.

But it depends on a few things:
A) how big is the update? The above example was a single file taking perhaps 5 minutes to suspect and 20 minutes to confirm - most fails or issues will take much longer.
B) Is the modder available to update it? Most work full time jobs during GIANTS' office hours.
C) Have GIANTS stopped testing mods for the day? They only test for so long. As much as it pains many here, understandably testing mods are very much secondary to testing game updates/new releases and DLCs than mods.

The testing list is a list, and rightly it doesn't matter what the mod is, it will be added to the end of the list. But in unique circumstances where only microscopic errors prevent it from being released, it can be brought forward.
It’s hard to read your posts when you’re used to reading Eric’s
Ignorance is bliss
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:10 pm
Farmercaseih wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:30 pm He also said the AFS Connect Magnun might be out this week
Pretty sure it’s just you and I here that are more excited for that than the Deere haha
I'm quite interested in it myself, tbh. Don't get any ideas though, farmercaseih :zunge:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!