Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

cwattyeso

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by cwattyeso »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:40 pm
Lol you complain when a poster here only ever comments with three word replies to things, then when someone provides a very detailed and accurate reply, you complain it's too long. Please can you decide what you want from people, short answers or conversations?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:29 pm As for the edit of the map I made, I didn't and have never released the entire map to people. I simply made changes to one i3d file and some xmls, and made those available for people who had already downloaded the original map, to copy to their zip file and overwrite, which would then give them some fixes the map needed to remove lots of buried trees and other hidden objects. The original map still needed to be downloaded from the modhub, which meant the original creator or in this case the individual who converted it to FS19 instead of the original creator still gets all the credit for it, still gets all the downloads and still gets all the financial rewards from Giants. All I did was provide a patch for his work. If mod authors don't update and fix their mods, where is the harm in another member of the community releasing a patch or fix for it? Especially if that person receives nothing in return, except the thanks from some grateful players who now have a mod that they can actually play and use.

If you were referring to the Edit of Estancia Lapacho that I released, then yes I hold my hands up and say I released an entire map zip file. However again only because I got fed up everytime I or anyone else raised a Bug Report about the Map on these very forums that Giants would respond with "Won't Fix" or "We are not releasing anymore updates for this map". So again I took it upon myself to fix and update the map, unfortunately it required far more files changing and editing so releasing those to people was a bit more complicated as there would need to be lengthy instruction and where to place specific files within the zip files folder structure. It honestly was just easier to zip the map and make it available to the people that wanted it. However if you were to find that map on the internet and download it, open it up and check the files inside all Credits and Permissions still refer to Giants. I nowhere inserted my name or tried to claim for any of the content, only thing I do claim for is increasing the Map Version Number to differentiate between the one sat currently on the ModHub and the version I fixed and updated after Giants multiple times stated they wouldn't.
How are you a giants partner? You admit to taking other people's work and releasing as your own on multiple occupation. Yeah, you says only release to a couple people, and they could release it others and so forth...smh. You bash jhhg for using other people's work, but then you do the same to edit or fix things, and say I'm just doing the work they didn't do. What's the harm in this?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

brinko04 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:42 pm
Jonny3355 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:30 pm
Walrusman02 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:20 pm STS for console!!
What is sts
It's a john deere 9750 combine from the early to mid 2000's. STS stands for single tine separator.
You wouldn't happen to know what CTS, CTS II and maximiser mean in John Deere combines, would you. I know about new Holland TR (twin rotor) combines and case international single rotor axial flows, but I never knew anything about Deere.
Last edited by Yeahrightio on Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:00 am
FSarndrone wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:43 pm You console people aren’t alone I don’t have any mods off of a third party site or social media
Why don't you have anything from social media? That's direct from the modder?
I never felt the need to I always have just downloaded from mod hub plus I don’t have social media
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Well I really love this Hitachi excavator. There's just one problem. I can't dig. Lol. Maybe you can on pc. I'm on console. :/
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

:sadnew: No we can’t dig on pc
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Ofcouse you can, use the terrain editing tool to make a ditch, fill it with grain/chipps/manure/whatever - dig it out :P
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

FSarndrone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:56 pm
I never felt the need to I always have just downloaded from mod hub plus I don’t have social media
Oh I see. I don't have social media either, but still download from Facebook because that's where a lot of good American mods are at.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Do mods have a specific time when they drop. I'm wondering, because most days the time Giants releases them is about 30 minutes different.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Noraf wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:03 pm Ofcouse you can, use the terrain editing tool to make a ditch, fill it with grain/chipps/manure/whatever - dig it out :P
There we go. I'll fill it with cow poop and start digging. 👍
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Yeahrightio wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:07 pm Do mods have a specific time when they drop. I'm wondering, because most days the time Giants releases them is about 30 minutes different.
Usually 10:30 AM EST to 11:00 AM EST from what I can tell.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeahrightio wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:07 pm
Mods are dropping now, currently we have four Geos (Three Updates and 1 New) and two Prefabs for people to use in Giants Editor, LED Rear Lights and Crash Barriers.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

So, that equates to about 12.30 am in Australia. :neutralnew: well, it's worth the wait for new mods. I'm only up this early because I'm working earlier today.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

Yeahrightio wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:55 pm
brinko04 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:42 pm
Jonny3355 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:30 pm

What is sts
It's a john deere 9750 combine from the early to mid 2000's. STS stands for single tine separator.
You wouldn't happen to know what CTS, CTS II and maximiser mean in John Deere combines, would you. I know about new Holland TR (twin rotor) combines and case international single rotor axial flows, but I never knew anything about Deere.
There are basically two types of combines - conventional (cylinder/concave and straw walkers) and rotary. I work part-time for farmers so I have limited knowledge, but I won't pretend to be an expert.

I found a 10 minute video by ObsessionPC explaining the differences sts, cts, and maximizers.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Well, thanks for taking the time to tell me anyway. I'll watch the video later on. *thumbsup*

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s