Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

NotoriousWeber

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by NotoriousWeber »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:21 pm Think the problem with those Video Previews of the Millenial Farmer Map that came out, was it made people think this map was close to release, and worse people seemed to completely not hear what the likes of Mr SealyP and those that previewed it all said, which was that Mappers Paradise still had more stuff they wanted to add to the map and include before it would be released. I also think some people got a little bit excited when it popped up in the "Mods in Testing" list several weeks ago. However from what I understand, the map was submitted just so Mappers Paradise could get clarification from Giants that the way they made the Grain Bin System on the farm, with having to load stuff into the dryer first, and then move it to the main storage silos, was actually going to be console compatible. Because obviously if Giants had turned round and said "No you can't release that on Console because of Scripts or any other reason." then Mapper's Paradise would have had to completely change one of the biggest and most central features of the map, and how the players store their crops.

I understand people really want to play the map, if they can't wait and be patient I can understand them dropping following the map and giving it a miss for any of the many other maps we have got available. I can only speak for myself and say as a huge fan of Millennial Farmer on YouTube I will play this map whenever it gets released. It doesn't matter to me if it takes a week, a month, 6 months or a Year, I'll still be playing on it when it comes out. I've even bought myself a Millenial Farmer Hat and T-Shirt to wear as I stream playing on the Map, and probably pulling worker Jim, out of trouble.
I think you're right. Myself included.

It just seemed like releasing the "first look" videos, accompanied with it being in testing at relatively close to the same time really gave the vibe that they were just "fixing errors" away from release. I understand how it all works, and I'm not pi** that it's not out yet...but I've really lost interest in FS19, and I'm hoping this map will rejuvenate that for me. I am also a huge Millennial Farmer fan on the Youtubes...never miss a video. That's why I have such high hopes that it will revitalize my love for the Farm Sim series. Right now...i just can't find an American map that I love. I mostly play solo so 4X maps are generally to big to handle just by myself...and I think I've given most of them a go anyway. I've also tried a ton of regular sized American maps, but nothing gets me goin.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The map was submitted to Giants for testing early to see if the way the map has been created would pass the tests for both PC and Console (not because of the grain dryer) as it is pushing the boundaries of map layout and usage.
There have been a few problems not the least being the fact that objects using the buildingArray textures cannot be used in placeables (although they are in the base game) so a complete remodelling of some items was required.
It has been re-tested in the last week and there are a few minor details that need fixing (translations of some inputBinding keys,removing text from store images etc) so hopefully it will be re-submitted on monday.

For those of you that want to immeadiately change the map the only items that cannot be sold/removed are some buildings in the top right and left corners of the map, the farm silo's (this owing to the dryer animation requiring a preset vehicle) and a dairy and general store one one side all other buildings deco items can be sold/removed.
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

What vehicles are going to be on the map if i remember correctly mp made a list
Xbox one
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Alagos wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:30 pm I want to point out that I've just locked a topic about SiiDs statement to prevent another wave of drama on this forum.
I sincerely hope people won't move it here :)
God forbid someone actually call Giants out for benefiting off modders and failing to do the fair thing. Just censorship
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^someone’s not happy. Wanna hug?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

DeereJason wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:03 am God forbid someone actually call Giants out for benefiting off modders and failing to do the fair thing. Just censorship
God forbid someone actually do their research before going off on the company that supplies the game.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

DeereJason wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:03 am
Alagos wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:30 pm I want to point out that I've just locked a topic about SiiDs statement to prevent another wave of drama on this forum.
God forbid someone actually call Giants out for benefiting off modders and failing to do the fair thing. Just censorship
You can’t be censored in a private company’s forum, it private which means not yours, which means someone else’s to do with as they please. Don’t get too wild before you get the facts of why the leaks took place either you might make yourself look foolish. A little unbiased research might help you greatly. That’s plenty on this subject as well, a giants employee and a moderator have locked threads about this already don’t ruin our stuff if you wanna rage go back and do it on Facebook.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Let's not get this thread locked for something stupid that Siid is getting worked on
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Mwal wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:05 am
DeereJason wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:03 am
You can’t be censored in a private company’s forum, it private which means not yours, which means someone else’s to do with as they please. Don’t get too wild before you get the facts of why the leaks took place either you might make yourself look foolish. A little unbiased research might help you greatly. That’s plenty on this subject as well, a giants employee and a moderator have locked threads about this already don’t ruin our stuff if you wanna rage go back and do it on Facebook.
Get off your high horse. Your stuff? Get real.

Giants has been doing this sort of thing for a long time. They hang in the shadows when issues arise and play "hear no evil, see no evil"...all while being the beneficiary. If Giants wants to have a forum for users to post things, then let them. Yes, they can do as they wish, but their actions are very telling. What they certainly don't need are more boot lickers to sing praises for half efforts. If I have an axe to grind, I'll grind it. Maybe if more people did, somewould actually get accomplished.

There are two issues at hand...the obvious one that others have brought up and the one where Giants again has chosen to bury their head and act as though their hands are tied. Their willingness to solve an issue is just that...willingness. They are never half as restricted as they chose to let on. When it starts to affect their pocketbook, then they will try to shift course...albeit too late

If you want to hang around the forum and discuss monotonous and useless subjects to pass the time, be my guest. If I see an issue...a real issue, I'll bring it up. If you don't like it, find a corner to cry in.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well start your own thread. The only issue I have is with your attitude. It is terrible people steal mods or leak private mods. Wish they was a way to stop it. Posting on here especially this thread doesn't solve anything. Just makes you look dumb.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Has anyone seen grasslands be Steve's mods lately in the testing list.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

DeereJason wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:03 am God forbid someone actually call Giants out for benefiting off modders and failing to do the fair thing. Just censorship
There's no censorship going on at all. Giants doesn't own any of the mods people upload to the Modhub or where ever. Which means it's not their job to police the mod sites. The modders are the ones that need to contact the sites and get their mods removed.
Therefore, the topic gets locked since it will only cause fights, drama and what not on this forum.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I don’t know Alagos I would have thought Giants would police sites which are taking every mod from the ModHub and reuploading them, changing the download link to use something like Sharemods or Modsfile so that they not only are taking any revenue or rewards away from Giants but also the ModHub creators.
The individual modders or Modding Groups who release privately and not through ModHub understandably need to tackle and fight these websites themselves. It’s probably harder for them to do so but it is to be expected if they choose to release separate and not through Giants.
However you’d think people who have submitted to the ModHub gone through all the testing and stuff would be better protected and you would think Giants would be keener to protect their own Content/ModHub Content and not have them on these Unofficial Sites that go out of there way to look more Official then Giants own site.

Also good advice for Private Modders/Modding Groups or really any modder is also to not release anything on or about your mod until it’s finished and ready to be released. It’s unfortunate but we sadly do live in a world where people do want to be scumbags and do want to cause trouble. You might think releasing a mod to some people who want to Test it is a good idea, but there is always a risk someone is going to leak it. We’ve seen it happen many times during this games life cycle. I think it’s even worse if you are a well known modder, as the risk will surely be much higher that someone will want to sneak out your work early if it can make them a bit of Internet fame or a quick buck. It’s shame it’s like that but could be avoided by Modders be more guarded of their work and only showing/releasing something when it’s done and they are happy with it to be in the public.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Even if you think Giants should do something about it, they have absolutely no power over someone else's website.

They can't even write a cease and desist letter since they don't legally own the rights to the mods.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I wonder when the NH d1000 baler will enter console testing. It's well worth the wait for such a highly detailed peice of equipment. Top job by 4d modding on this one. 👍👍
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.