Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

player1s

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by player1s »

Dark_Davey wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:51 pm We really need some Maps, the base game maps are so half-assed...
Game is just out for a week. The mod makers are just getting started. I rather have them take their time and produce a good map than someone rushing a half-a*** map just to be the first.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

About the maps, since modhub probably wont have any larger maps. Have anyone found playable 4x maps elsewhere?

Really looking forward to Rennebu, but that one might be a while.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Dark_Davey

Post by Dark_Davey »

player1s wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:22 am
Dark_Davey wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:51 pm We really need some Maps, the base game maps are so half-assed...
Game is just out for a week. The mod makers are just getting started. I rather have them take their time and produce a good map than someone rushing a half-a*** map just to be the first.
Never said I was rushing them. I really dislike the base maps, and have still put over 50 hours into the game this week. They are playable, they just have some issues, to be polite...
moonwalker_1994

Post by moonwalker_1994 »

Dark_Davey wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:29 pm
player1s wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:22 am
Never said I was rushing them. I really dislike the base maps, and have still put over 50 hours into the game this week. They are playable, they just have some issues, to be polite...
Base game maps are so half-assed?? I think Elmcreek is nice...

I mean Haut-Beyleron yes is half-assed! But Elmcreek must be the most detailed American map ever...nothing like Giants has ever created! It's good for a start I think until modders implement all the new details into their maps. We couldn't even play the game with the base game maps before! :lol:

Oxygendavid said that Calmsden may be out around Christmas (though I don't believe it)!
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

412 mods to be tested wow
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

hrvacx wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:33 pm 412 mods to be tested wow
Holy harvester, that's got to be a record!
Playing on Xbox since FS15
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Lets see,
Map wise,

FS 22 Editor -- just released (not bug free)
Texture conversion tools --not released (required for new terrain/fillplane textures)
Test runner programme --- not released (big cause of log jam in testing)
New mesh exclusions/buildings to be created
New xml placeable settings

etc, etc and consider the all changes that are needed to convert a WIP map in FS19 to FS22 spec, basically everything except the DEM

Give the modders a break it is after all a part time (hobby??!!) for (most) of them .

edit: FS22 icon generator released on https://gdn.giants-software.com/downloads.php
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^lol, subbie.

New game came out a week ago, players are already complaining of maps. My rule of thumb is March. March you will start seeing some good stuff come out. Until then, 22 is just testing and getting to know the game. And FS19 is where I am still playing with no complaints.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Thank you Subbie, it needs to be heard that modders are working with the resources they get, not all the resources and documentation they could ever hope for.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I think Ched has it nailed. I'm still playing PS5 roulette, so I'm not really worried. By the time I have one, there should be fixes, patches, and mods.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Dark_Davey

Post by Dark_Davey »

Again, never said i was rushing anyone. Just can't wait for them to start coming out. Elm creek is Beautiful, but the fact all but starter farm is unusable without editing is inexcusable. Far too many buildings doing nothing but taking up space.

Edit: The map is Beautiful, and I really like the layout. All those Unusable buildings irk me, but the beauty just might win me over.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

No Mans Land is on the testing list. *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Dark_Davey

Post by Dark_Davey »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:56 pm No Mans Land is on the testing list. *thumbsup*

No Longer on List, yet not released as of this post. Still too early to know if it passed. Fingers Crossed
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

People complain about Maps?!!! Already! Erlengrat is actually beautiful Map and ElmCreek too
Finally people got good American Map but it Took 1 week to get bored? Really. D amn
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

We've got the first 3m cultivator! :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads