Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

NotoriousWeber

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by NotoriousWeber »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:16 pm Are you going to get something stuck just so you can blame Jim?
Noooo, Jim's a good guy. He mean's no harm. Although I am contemplating using the Contractor Mod and have Jim as a farmhand, to add to the realism.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

NotoriousWeber wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:12 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:09 pm None of you are gonna be laughing if that Millenial Farms map passes. You’ll be too busy eating crow, whatever that old saying even means. You’ll be too busy walking around that map finding dead animals and asking, “are you ok?”
Now I'm starting to feel you you and @vondeylenfarms waiting for stone valley.

My wife is out of town this weekend, so if this map hits before Friday......I'd be the happiest guy west of the mississippi.
Lol it's no fun waiting for something to get released and hopes it does at the upmost time...like you're free all week! I hope it gets passed but console maps fail a few times usually before released
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:43 pm
NotoriousWeber wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:12 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:09 pm None of you are gonna be laughing if that Millenial Farms map passes. You’ll be too busy eating crow, whatever that old saying even means. You’ll be too busy walking around that map finding dead animals and asking, “are you ok?”
Now I'm starting to feel you you and @vondeylenfarms waiting for stone valley.

My wife is out of town this weekend, so if this map hits before Friday......I'd be the happiest guy west of the mississippi.
Lol it's no fun waiting for something to get released and hopes it does at the upmost time...like you're free all week! I hope it gets passed but console maps fail a few times usually before released
You're right. I really don't have high hopes of it passing. Especially since this is the first time it's been in console testing. But if it happened it would be great. I've been waiting for this map to come out since like.....the mod contest when they announced it. I haven't played FS in like a month or so. I'm hoping this map renews my interest, as there have been alot of great mods that have came out recently.

It would be bomb dot com if they would release the PC version since it's already passed...but i understand why they don't. Oh well!
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

If the MN map is in testing for consoles, how come its not released for PC now?
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

texasplowboy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:11 pm If the MN map is in testing for consoles, how come its not released for PC now?
Seen it before with a few mods and maps, some modders like them to be released at the same time. Seams daft to me and I’m on PS4,must be frustrating for the pc players though
Eische

Post by Eische »

texasplowboy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:11 pm If the MN map is in testing for consoles, how come its not released for PC now?
Because they want to release it for PC and consoles at the same time?
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Probably because they made only one map, and is for all platforms.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Alagos wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:03 am There's no censorship going on at all. Giants doesn't own any of the mods people upload to the Modhub or where ever. Which means it's not their job to police the mod sites. The modders are the ones that need to contact the sites and get their mods removed.
Therefore, the topic gets locked since it will only cause fights, drama and what not on this forum.
Giants may not claim ownership however, all mods by their very nature (at least in the US) violate copyright laws because they require the original software to operate them. This is an issue that is rising quickly in the legal world.

Therefore, it is Giants' discretion as to whether they seek copyright infringement, and to whom. It should also be noted that because Giants themselves use trademarked material (OEM branding), they may be putting themselves in a crossfire. If private modders were to create something to the disliking (or disapproval) of an OEM, they could ask Giants to pursue this infringement or pull the license.

The alternative would be to filter all mods of this nature thru the modhub. While Giants might not own the mod or be able to copyright it, they do have the ability to pursue violators. While difficult, it's not impossible. Ultimately, it becomes Giants choice...one they are currently choosing not to make or to avoid. At some point, money talks.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

So is that new silo a giant total mixed ration maker? If it is it’s a game changer as mrsealyp would say
JamP

Post by JamP »

DD ModPassion always surprises with your console mods.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Ekan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:59 pm
Probably because they made only one map, and is for all platforms.
Learn something every day!I didn't know you could use a PC map on console.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Probably the other way around. But there can be an uniformed release for all platforms (except stadia)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

So can we make this the first official day of MNMF's map watch? Or do we still feels that they could be testing early stages of the map yet. Just a friendly discussion...
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:47 pm So can we make this the first official day of MNMF's map watch? Or do we still feels that they could be testing early stages of the map yet. Just a friendly discussion...
Bump? Lol
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:01 pm *Laughs in pennsyltucky*
How can you be in Pennsylvania and Kentucky at the same time ? Sorry folks I don’t feel like being funny right now
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew: