Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

lawm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by lawm »

Does anyone know when running precision farming what the yield difference is when running a proper crop rotation with seasons vs vanilla and the yield bonus just from precision? Say you just use precision on vanilla and harvest, then add seasons with precision, how much more yield would you gain?
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:00 pm I'd use it if it didn't leave grass on the ground, I am a big fan of it. I'd say of all Adub's mods, this is the most unique and coolest. These are the type of mods that I really appreciate.
It doesn't appear to be leaving anything on the ground for me. I used it to trim around my house and chicken coup.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Ohh for real? I thought I seen it on the ground in the video. Maybe, I'll give it a try tonight. I got a bunch of fence lines to trim on Griffin.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

lawm wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:07 pm Does anyone know when running precision farming what the yield difference is when running a proper crop rotation with seasons vs vanilla and the yield bonus just from precision? Say you just use precision on vanilla and harvest, then add seasons with precision, how much more yield would you gain?
My understanding is that you get the variance of yields with crop rotations on top of the PF yields, so you may get 80% CR yield out of 80% PF yield, or 64% out of default 100%
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
lawm

Post by lawm »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:09 pm
lawm wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:07 pm Does anyone know when running precision farming what the yield difference is when running a proper crop rotation with seasons vs vanilla and the yield bonus just from precision? Say you just use precision on vanilla and harvest, then add seasons with precision, how much more yield would you gain?
My understanding is that you get the variance of yields with crop rotations on top of the PF yields, so you may get 80% CR yield out of 80% PF yield, or 64% out of default 100%
I'm thinking of jumping back in after a 2 month lull of not playing/ half hearted messing around some. I still have yet to dona complete cycle of seasons because slow.pace first year but thinking if I stick it out and sell that I will make enough to expand quick enough.

This is why I feel I should skip 22. I still have yet to figure out how I want to play ever since 17 and seasons
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

lawm wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:20 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:09 pm
I'm thinking of jumping back in after a 2 month lull of not playing/ half hearted messing around some. I still have yet to dona complete cycle of seasons because slow.pace first year but thinking if I stick it out and sell that I will make enough to expand quick enough.

This is why I feel I should skip 22. I still have yet to figure out how I want to play ever since 17 and seasons
I'm a big fan of what they brought to the game with PF. Soil types, nitrogen levels and yield maps were a big addition for me. They kind of ruined it though with the soil testing... Way too time consuming. Soil tests don't cover a large enough area, takes hours to cover all of the land on a large farm.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I agree, it should be a larger swath for console. My inquiry on yields was trying to determine if you do everything perfect how much more yield would you get. Say per 1000l of a crop, how much more would you get with precision and rotation to the max? 1500?
Lufarms

Post by Lufarms »

lawm wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:12 pm I agree, it should be a larger swath for console. My inquiry on yields was trying to determine if you do everything perfect how much more yield would you get. Say per 1000l of a crop, how much more would you get with precision and rotation to the max? 1500?
I think the max you get from PF is 25% and for seasons rotation 20%, so 1450l doing everything perfect.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Lufarms wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:17 pm
lawm wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:12 pm I agree, it should be a larger swath for console. My inquiry on yields was trying to determine if you do everything perfect how much more yield would you get. Say per 1000l of a crop, how much more would you get with precision and rotation to the max? 1500?
I think the max you get from PF is 25% and for seasons rotation 20%, so 1450l doing everything perfect.
Muy bueno. Gracias
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Actually it may be 1,500 as +25% is 1,250L, and then +20% of that brings it to 1,500L
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
lawm

Post by lawm »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:32 am Actually it may be 1,500 as +25% is 1,250L, and then +20% of that brings it to 1,500L
That's what confuses me lol. Is it based strictly on the vanilla crop values and added individually, or is the math compounded.

I'm just a simple dumbp truck driver
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

lawm wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:56 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:32 am Actually it may be 1,500 as +25% is 1,250L, and then +20% of that brings it to 1,500L
That's what confuses me lol. Is it based strictly on the vanilla crop values and added individually, or is the math compounded.

I'm just a simple dumbp truck driver
Not sure, good question though
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I went to Washington D.C. today to take my daughter to see the panda’s. On the drive home I debated stopping at the real life South Mountain Creamery, as it was only about 15 minutes out of the way, but I was more just wanting to come home than anything. Has anyone one her stopped in there at any point?

Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

I forgot all about the South Mountain Creamery map. That was a fun map! Curious why they never converted it for FS19. Or did they and I just missed it?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

New Self Propelled swather on the ModHub today. A 9.5M Rostselmash. The pictures look pretty awesome. These cool mods coming out every few days are really really nice.