Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Dairydeere

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Dairydeere »

lawm wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:42 pm Dairydeere I wouldn't know what's wrong with the JD but it's got an old school vibe too. I'm not a real farmer so dont shoot me haha.
haha, all good. I can't blame you, only reason that mod bothers me is because I've been around the real life one so long :lol:

Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Big fat floaters/metrics sure look nice...
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:37 am Big fat floaters/metrics sure look nice...
When you're a dairy farm, 75-80% of your tractors run those tires. Part of the reason I can't stand it when modders make their tractors with only row crop tires (Custom Modding cough cough :lol: ). Only tractors with row crop tires are the planter tractor, sprayer tractor, and the backup tillage tractor
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:43 am
DEERE317 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:37 am Big fat floaters/metrics sure look nice...
When you're a dairy farm, 75-80% of your tractors run those tires. Part of the reason I can't stand it when modders make their tractors with only row crop tires (Custom Modding cough cough :lol: ). Only tractors with row crop tires are the planter tractor, sprayer tractor, and the backup tillage tractor
I know the feeling. I only have one row crop use on Medicine Creek and that’s planting. (And that’s a 25” track 8370RT) Otherwise it’s all tillage, road, spreading, or hay & forage. Places were wide floaters excel (especially Michelin Axio bibs, which I’ve read/heard wear like iron). But LSW’s just look stupid. So I just run 23* Firestone duals, wider than skinny Michelin’s but to narrow to look good as singles.
And something else that annoys me, Why can’t US and Eu drawbars get along... can’t use Customs 7R or 8R to tank slurry as all the good tankers lean forwards due to drawbar height... and the steer axle linkages don’t hook up
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I can understand uoubreal farmers issues with game tractors and options and I learn a lot hearing your reasons. I found the deutz allis mod interesting that you can have setup tires for plowing.....I get the premise, but hows that work for the trip back the row you just did? Or maybe I'm just missing part of the full setup and concept
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

The plowing setup is for old school one way plows, you couldn't flip them over for the next pass.

My granddad used to run one. I hated the return trip as I didn't have the previous row to ride in to keep the ones I was plowing straight lol. Was so happy when we upgraded.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
lawm

Post by lawm »

That's what I thought but when I started thinking I couldn't get past what I was doing when I come back lol
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I really dig the cold start on that new Deere. Very Cool. The Deutz is very awesome as well. Fun times for American console modders for sure.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:47 am I really dig the cold start on that new Deere. Very Cool. The Deutz is very awesome as well. Fun times for American console modders for sure.
Where have you been bud? Hope alls good, been quiet
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:43 am
Farmed alot of "US style" few years back and that was the first thing I had to learn for basic modding, how to add wheels/tires.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
PixelFarm_

Post by PixelFarm_ »

Does anyone know why testing a single mod takes one whole workday then it turns to "Testing Complete" but the result of the test is posted the day after? The process of publishing a mod turns very slow when the results won't come the same day as the testing is complete when the only feedback is like "slightly modify the dirtmap" :P
lawm

Post by lawm »

PixelFarm_ wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:24 pm Does anyone know why testing a single mod takes one whole workday then it turns to "Testing Complete" but the result of the test is posted the day after? The process of publishing a mod turns very slow when the results won't come the same day as the testing is complete when the only feedback is like "slightly modify the dirtmap" :P
Is this on a mod you did or one your waiting to come out? Just curious
lawm

Post by lawm »

I made mistake of goin on 82 facebook and read the news on Phoenix...... Too many words I can't use on here
PixelFarm_

Post by PixelFarm_ »

lawm wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:31 pm Is this on a mod you did or one your waiting to come out? Just curious
One I made :P
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

lawm wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:01 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:47 am I really dig the cold start on that new Deere. Very Cool. The Deutz is very awesome as well. Fun times for American console modders for sure.
Where have you been bud? Hope alls good, been quiet
I haven't been playing. I've been working a lot as our season has picked up, and we are one of few screen print shops not turning away business. Plus FS has been kind of anti-climactic of late. I was hyped for the JD stackfold planter, but something just feels way off with it, maybe it's the row spacing. I still want to use it. And Julian H. Modding has been really coming on of late. I have been trying to find time to start a new Griffin save with seasons, just doing crops for now.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----