Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

lawm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by lawm »

Why does Giant limit versions of items for console? Just allow as many that pass and let the best mod win.

Soooo JHHG is on par with the CNH outfit with how they treat folks?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

lawm wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:16 am Why does Giant limit versions of items for console? Just allow as many that pass and let the best mod win.

Soooo JHHG is on par with the CNH outfit with how they treat folks?
So as to not have a dozen 7R EU spec machines with different customization options.
But yes, just JHHG doesn’t get triggered and make rant posts and then quit modding after getting some $$$
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Farmercaseih wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:57 am
chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:43 am Custom’s will still come to the ModHub no?
Giants will let 10 million European tractors and 3m cultivators in just fine, but it is a big no-no to have multiple of the same American mod...
I’d like to hear from someone at Giants on this one before we rush to anymore judgement. Their are multiple Fiatagri 180-90’s and I feel there are a few Deere models that are the same. So I just hope that precedent they have set allows CM’s mod to be allowed. Until then 0 stars for no rear lights!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I know there's 2 different US 8 RT series mods on the hub.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
lawm

Post by lawm »

I want to head and deleted the mod last night. I cannot deal with no rear lights and from the excuse doesnt sound promising to get them added soon.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:52 am
Which doesn’t change much other than giving JHHG a few bucks less. Consoles still get left in the cold in terms of Customs 250 series
You vastly underestimate ego. Also, we should probably stop saying that as if it’s 100% certain and factual. No one really knows what giants will do and they could really put an end to a stupid game before it really begins by releasing both.
Last edited by Mwal on Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I sure hope they release both.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Who knows if CM will even try to put it on the modhub now anyway
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

One semi unrelated thing, I can view Custom's Facebook page without a FB account again.
https://www.facebook.com/custom.mdg
:mrgreen:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
lawm

Post by lawm »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:33 pm One semi unrelated thing, I can view Custom's Facebook page without a FB account again.
https://www.facebook.com/custom.mdg
:mrgreen:
Yes I have found that I can read stuff on folks Facebook pages I just can't comment.

In other news whats everyones take on the American life of Farming? It has my interest and I see a lot of things I like, just not sure if its worth a move from Indiana. Darn curiosity
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

There are parts of Lancy's new map that I find unique, but I'll be staying on Griffin. I'm just really getting started on the map at the 170 hour mark. His maps take up a decent amount of space on my memory so that might make me shy away.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

That's how I feel in one way too. I like the freeway aspect and some of the barns. On the flip side i feel I can make one epic yard with placeables. I've become good enough with the sculpting and painting and the slots are so good. If I wasn't such a mod hoarder I could have both lol. Looks like a great map but I bet the slots are too high for my style
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:06 pm There are parts of Lancy's new map that I find unique, but I'll be staying on Griffin. I'm just really getting started on the map at the 170 hour mark. His maps take up a decent amount of space on my memory so that might make me shy away.
I just started Griffin a couple weeks ago. I've taken a fair amount of time off of FS19 because I could not find a map that can keep my attention, even on PC. I've tried a ton of MRG's maps, and they're great but they just don't hold my interest.

I literally cannot wait to play every night, a feeling I haven't had since Lone Oak. I couldn't even fathom a guess at how many hours I have into Lone Oak, but I feel fairly confident Griffin will be home untill FS22 comes out. I decided to do a true start from scratch, with 0 money and I don't intend to take out any loans. It's been great so far!
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
garyst

Post by garyst »

I can't decide if I will switch to Lancy's new map or stick with griffin. I really like my farm on griffin but I always wanted to grow rice and milo(sorghum) on an American map which Lancy's map has, but on his map from some of the YouTube videos I saw it looks like he kept the base game soybean textures which I really hate. I asked him about it on Facebook and he told me that he thinks he might of added the custom textures for soybeans but couldn't remember for sure. Since soybeans is my favorite crop to grow I don't think I can go back to them horrible looking base game textures. Looks like the traffic on his new map goes too slow too which is another reason I am thinking about sticking with griffin.

Edit: never mind just saw djgoham was live streaming on the map and I asked him to check the soybean textures and they are indeed custom. If his map doesn't fail testing over and over again for months like stone valley did I think I will switch over. Just going to have to get used to passing up cars with my tractor again because they too slow lol.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I think that's why I love Griffin so much. Aj sped up traffic outside of town and so many little gameplay details work with how the game is set to make use of certain aspects. On the other hand, you never know, probably just best I wait for gameplay vids and not rush into my curious instincts. It looks like a great map and I love the buildings he placed. Great attention to detail