Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Illinois Farmer

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Illinois Farmer »

bosay831 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:02 am
Yes it's possible and yes I have everything currently out for console installed. Once more mods are out it's very clear we won't be able to have everything that's out installed.
1. You don't need to have every mod installed.
2. It will eventually hurt your performance loading all those mods up.
3. I would recommend downloading the ones you will use and like.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
lawm

Post by lawm »

How many mods are out yet for console? I still cant believe they used up that much space yet lol
bosay831

Post by bosay831 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:32 pm
bosay831 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:02 am
Yes it's possible and yes I have everything currently out for console installed. Once more mods are out it's very clear we won't be able to have everything that's out installed.
1. You don't need to have every mod installed.
2. It will eventually hurt your performance loading all those mods up.
3. I would recommend downloading the ones you will use and like.
While these are good tips:

4. Even if you don't install every mod out you will eventually run out of MOD space on console as there will be more (Good) mods out then you have space for.
5. As a result of #4 console players will have to make some choices about which mods to install and which mods NOT to install (see also items 1 and 3 above). these are choices PC players do not necessarily have to make.
USA - Florida - Yes I'm a Florida man but not "that" Florida man...
FS 22 on XBOX Series X because I want to and refuse to pay COVID prices for PC parts
FS19 on PC
Illinois Farmer

Actually pc players have to make that choice too. Pc players have probably 5x to 10x as many mods. Your hard drive only has so much space on it and it affect the performance the same way.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Pc mods have a history of affecting performance more than console mods.
Especially some of the heavier script mods, and a few of the extremely detailed mods you can get, and some rather rubbish ones from places that aren't the modhub.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I'm a PC player, but I still have limited disc space. I can use more mods yes, but the amount of mods and capability my system has (not very much) still limits me. I have 216GB of hard drive on my laptop, and after having games installed, I can use about 200-300 mods in a savegame before my performance takes a hit. That's about 12GB of mods.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
jerry872

Post by jerry872 »

just want some new trucks.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Just saw the statement from Giants on Mrsealyp video. 90% failure rate on new mods. Giants urging for quality vs shotgunning from modders.

Does the general process of making and submitting mods change much from version to the next or are some unaware of changes, or are folks just trying to get the stuff out and winging it?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

It’s probably people converting ModHub mods by changing the modDesc version and expecting they’ll pass lol.

Jokes aside, it seems like Giants included a lot more in the xml that needs to be added or changed to make mods work in FS22. A straight convert from 19 to 22 that is error-free might not pass the parameters of a ModHub test
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
lawm

Post by lawm »

Thanks for the info. I was surprised by that stat, but I also know nothing on making mods or how long it takes for folks to learn what's needed to pass. I thought they said 3000 were submitted? Hopefully folks figure things out so they can start chugging them out onto the modhub!
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

I did hear from AFModding on facebook, and said hes making the GMC Sierra Denali, and the Datsun D620 King Cab 1977 to all platforms. *thumbsup*

Basically it might be branded as Lizard or something else, like 82Studio did.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
lawm

Post by lawm »

Excellent!!
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:07 pm Actually pc players have to make that choice too. Pc players have probably 5x to 10x as many mods. Your hard drive only has so much space on it and it affect the performance the same way.
Mods show up in sales, so having x50 3m cultivators activated, just so it looks like the sears catalogue in the shop means a smaller chance of finding a used JD X9 or other high value piece of equipment.
Illinois Farmer

Then don't download all of them if you don't want them. Pretty simple solution.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I download a lot of mods might use but I’ve never understood downloading ones you just won’t