Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

YrustY

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by YrustY »

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:32 am
eric21 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:11 pm

They are working on a patch
And that should definitely be the priority over mod testing *thumbsup*
I 100% agree with this. No point having 100 new mods that can be used when the game keeps crashing. I also have to give props to oxygen David for calmsden farm, I was expecting it to blow up my PS4 with how detailed the map is seeing how it sounds like a jet when I play base game maps but no it runs smooooth
Last edited by YrustY on Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farming from the comfort of my couch
PS4 Player
BigCAT349F

Post by BigCAT349F »

Where is the ‘JCB Expansion Pack’ Team X-IT?

It’s now been a year since the 'JCB Expansion Pack' for Farming Simulator was announced and there has been no word of it. There has been no updates or announcements on social media from what I can see but now some changes have been seen to do with the XECH Studio Group that was producing the pack. Like many, the original hype, confusion, and disappointment with no update concerned me, and now I have spent the time to produce an overview of my thoughts and experience as I think there was something behind this pack.

This overview would be good to see anyone had any similar issues correlating to mine.

February 2021

I joined the XECH discord server through a shared invite and it was mayhem, with spam and an out of order atmosphere. The server was clearly not designed for farming simulator as most of the team members were non-PC players and many were questioned on their interest in farming simulator which was minimal. I got approached (I should say spammed) in dm by a minor asking if I was interested in joining some group part of XECH. He was rude, somewhat dishonest, and very unprofessional so I abruptly left and contacted the show owner on Discord.

The owner suggested chatting via private voice, where I chatted about my concerns. He was professional and sounded familiar, who frankly was quite a nice chap to chat with who apologised and was not aware, that a team member was messaging people and advertising something that didn’t even relate to him. The owner said he managed the farming simulator team who were not based on Discord, the server I was pulled into was owned by a team member where around 12 to 20 members, including this minor, were present. The farming simulator team owner joined the server only days before and was not the creator of the server, limiting moderation at the time. The server was not even used for farming simulator and was not intended to be public, he said.

The owner was managing the JCB Expansion Pack from what he said, and he specifically focused on mapping as it’s his prime interest. He came across as a genuine guy but seemed unhappy as he expresses concerns. He shared there had been a difficulty with some members and he was not as active as he was with other projects, he had done a few years back on other games. He made me aware that there was some information shared incorrectly and work was being made for this JCB pack at the time but remained resistant to comment specifics. I could speculate but the details of this could be more than meets the eye. I assume there were rumours or leaked information spread by the other team members, as he had lost control over some of the team.

He said, modding should be about having fun and making something of your own.

November 2021

By the looks of it now, the existing server remains active and updated, with a management team and the new style giving it a much nicer feel, Congrats. The nice chap remains there as owner and appears to be working on something but this JCB pack, I don’t think so to be honest. The new group seems to only focus on map-making. He seems to have a growing YouTube channel and is only focusing on farming simulator and construction with his audience, which appears to be mostly French. The existing team members seem to have all left or been removed bar the nice chap and a few support staff remain, which I think was an ideal thing to do. One of the old members who was following me to dm back in February 2021 had clearly left as their description and profile was changed saying the name 'Team X-IT' as of November 2021, I last checked, which means there must be a new team.

It was a bit confusing as I think they own the name XECH Studios as they still show that name on some accounts and I found a channel on YouTube with the logo of this new group supposedly called 'TEAM X-IT'. I joined the discord server in the description of the account and found a similar disorganised server style to the old January server with that minor present in it. I don’t know if this group is going to be doing modding but don’t get too excited, the layout and appearance was poor, no proper purpose and it was more targeted to Minecraft, likely console players. It looks like an unofficial group to me. I left the server and I recommended staying away from this new group X-IT for the meantime.

January 2022

I got in touch with the owner Brit who is continuing to run his FS Discord server in full swing. He said, we are taking things in our own step, but he is still working on the mapping side of things. I questioned him about JCB or any machines they were planning, he said, he only ever does mapping.

Overview of my opinion.

There was probably more going on behind the scenes, but I feel somewhat sorry for the original owner Brit as he appeared to have gotten pulled into something. I believe it is possible that Team X-IT or someone else who was involved working on the JCB machines specifically left linked to the February incident I would suspect is partly to blame for this issue. hope all the best for that guy and the journey he is following with his farming simulator group.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

when I heard about the mod engine start I though heck yeah! But from reading the discription it has nothing to do with keeping the engine running when I leave the vehical.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

texasplowboy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:30 pm when I heard about the mod engine start I though heck yeah! But from reading the discription it has nothing to do with keeping the engine running when I leave the vehical.
I might have misread the description, but it seems like the opposite of anything I want in Farm Sim.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

TLX 2020 came on the FS22 Modhub today. *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
lawm

Post by lawm »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:20 pm TLX 2020 came on the FS22 Modhub today. *thumbsup*
And vanished like a fart in the wind
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

lawm wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:18 pm
ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:20 pm TLX 2020 came on the FS22 Modhub today. *thumbsup*
It seems to still be there?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

I swore I saw it on FSClub's post for todays mod, let me recheck the modhub.

EDIT: It says PC/Mac only, it probably has to do something with FS22 again.
Last edited by ASOLANDRI on Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Map/Playtime:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:39 pm
It says pc/Mac only on the modhub though. I saw on another thread that it caused a blue screen on PS5 so that’s probably why it was pulled, just maybe not on all platforms?
lawm

Post by lawm »

Console got pulled....I'm on ps4....I've had blue screen in the store loading vanilla machines
Bunyip Farm

Post by Bunyip Farm »

Not for consoles. A-hole testers must still be drip feeding David issues, instead of just giving him everything. Thanks again Giants
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:44 pm I saw on another thread that it caused a blue screen on PS5 so that’s probably why it was pulled, just maybe not on all platforms?
Thats not a blue screen of death on the PS5 its called "Grey Screen of Death" I think.

Map/Playtime:
lawm

Post by lawm »

Bunyip Farm wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:50 pm

Not for consoles. A-hole testers must still be drip feeding David issues, instead of just giving him everything. Thanks again Giants
At least I'm not alone thinking this way lol
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Bunyip Farm wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:50 pm

I probably doubt it if you read this.
82Studio on Facebook wrote:Apparently there is a bug in the game causing random crashes when in the store.
It's not an issue with the TLX 2020 but in order to bring stability the mod will be flagged PC/MAC ONLY until GIANTS Software releases the patch 1.3 for the game

Map/Playtime:
lawm

Post by lawm »

I have issues with Giants equipment on ps4 in store. I'll just go back to 19.....again