Jonny3355

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Jonny3355 »

We are finally being recognised
Xbox one
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

You console people aren’t alone I don’t have any mods off of a third party site or social media
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:46 pm Stone valley is great but if the Mercer Co Ohio map comes that will be the only map I ever play lol very close to home
Already got bored of Stone Valley? :lol:
Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

FSarndrone wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:43 pm You console people aren’t alone I don’t have any mods off of a third party site or social media
Why don't you have anything from social media? That's direct from the modder?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:00 pm Still very curious what ever happened to the JD planter pack? Would like to see those along with custom modding case planters. I know JHHG is bringing at least one planter to console but slots will be high he warned...still lots to see coming
The JD Planter pack has the issue that the DB60, 90 and 120 Mods have been doing the rounds on every mod site and modding group since about January 2019, so it's pretty much impossible for Giants to determine who the original creator of those models and stuff is, which is important because they would need to have their permission given to anyone wanting to use them in any Mod Packs and they would need to be credited. At this stage I think it's impossible to determine who brought them out first.

As for JHHG he was doing planters last year that were using the already existing mods, I remember he got kind of upset when someone leaked the Beta version of his DB60, which at the time he was giving access to in exchange for Paypal "Donations" or Patreon signups, and he posted on his Facebook page that due to the leak he wasn't going to finish it and that the version that was available was now considered "Done" and he also would not be working on the DB90 he planned to do next.

So now fast forward to today here in 2020 I'm surprised JHHG is trying to do a JD Planter Mod again, as I sure he'll probably run into the same issue as the previously mentioned JD Planter Pack in that no one can establish who the original author was and who needs to be contacted for permission and credit to use assets of. Unless he is building a completely new model from the ground up, which from what I understand of JHHG is kind of beyond his ability. He famously takes the models from other people and just makes configuration and xml tweaks to them and then releases them as his Mods. I thought Giants had actually banned him from the ModHub after the whole "Asset Theft" issue last year with Custom Modding when he was trying to release John Deere Tractors. However seeing Giants release his JD Harvesters I guess means his ban wasn't permanent.

It'd be great if he is working on a John Deere Planter would like to see a good one in game. I just don't want to see another edited version of the three we already have, because at this stage every man, woman, modding group and their dog has released an edit of the same 3 John Deere Planters. I hope he is working on a 100% Brand New Model using all 100% Original Assets that he is creating.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well from his post, this db60 and db90 will be different than any other I have seen so far.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah I just travelled back in time through his Facebook Posts and the DB60 & 90 Mods doing the rounds since January 19 were converted FS17 Mods made by Brent Elinburg and Banks INC Modding. He basically stole those did his little xml edits to change speeds, seed/fertiliser capacities and fruit types and then was planning to release them on the ModHub, but one of the people that paid him for early access leaked them on the internet and he threw his toys out his pram. Though he'd have never got them uploaded to ModHub back them because he was using the assets from these other people without permission and credits same as all the other sites and groups who have released these DB60 and DB90s over the last year.

It's nice to see he is actually working on 100% Original Models created from scratch this time around, which means hopefully there will be no issue with those getting released.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

ar1g3 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:58 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:46 pm Stone valley is great but if the Mercer Co Ohio map comes that will be the only map I ever play lol very close to home
Already got bored of Stone Valley? :lol:
ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Just saying an Ohio map being of my home area would be my most used obviously. I guess hopefully JHHG new planter makes it as I've said before, the great plains is getting boring
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:07 am Yeah I just travelled back in time through his Facebook Posts and the DB60 & 90 Mods doing the rounds since January 19 were converted FS17 Mods made by Brent Elinburg and Banks INC Modding. He basically stole those did his little xml edits to change speeds, seed/fertiliser capacities and fruit types and then was planning to release them on the ModHub, but one of the people that paid him for early access leaked them on the internet and he threw his toys out his pram. Though he'd have never got them uploaded to ModHub back them because he was using the assets from these other people without permission and credits same as all the other sites and groups who have released these DB60 and DB90s over the last year.

It's nice to see he is actually working on 100% Original Models created from scratch this time around, which means hopefully there will be no issue with those getting released.
I’m not entirely sure where you get your info from or if you just made it up but he stated he has permission from both modders you listed and Banks has even shared one of his posts saying his version looked good. I agree he hasn’t had the best history but he appears to be trying to do things on the up and up and I’m unsure why some enjoy trying to drive a wedge into the community especially yourself who not to terribly long ago were called out here for and asked to remove an edit of a well known map you didn’t have permission to release by the original creator.
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

STS for console!!
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

Walrusman02 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:20 pm STS for console!!
What is sts
Xbox one
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

combines
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

Jonny3355 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:30 pm
Walrusman02 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:20 pm STS for console!!
What is sts
It's a john deere 9750 combine from the early to mid 2000's. STS stands for single tine separator.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Mwal wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:48 am I’m not entirely sure where you get your info from or if you just made it up but he stated he has permission from both modders you listed and Banks has even shared one of his posts saying his version looked good. I agree he hasn’t had the best history but he appears to be trying to do things on the up and up and I’m unsure why some enjoy trying to drive a wedge into the community especially yourself who not to terribly long ago were called out here for and asked to remove an edit of a well known map you didn’t have permission to release by the original creator.
The original DB60 & DB90 Mods he was working on early in 2019, there is quite a lengthy Post on his Facebook page, when he announced he wasn't continuing the mods due to leaks from Testers/People with Early Access, where he tries to defend using the original models by Brent Elinburg and Banks INC Modding without permission from a quite a number of people who in the post and replies accuse him of theft.

There is also another post on his Page which he aims for SiiD Modding and tries to apologise to him for using his models and assets in his own S600/600i and S700/S700i Combine mods that he released middle of last year, where all he did was add some IC scripts for opening doors and windows and turning on lights and stuff in the harvester and then claimed the mods were his. This was also in quite a lengthy post on his Facebook Page where again a lot of people were commenting and asking why he was using an FS17 version of the IC Script in his mods, and the Version 2.0 of the script not the most up to date Version 3.0 of the script, which was causing massive problems for anyone playing with Keyboard or Mouse or for anyone using Mods that needed Mouse Input such as Courseplay & Guidance Steering. He then tried stating the problems people were having were because they were using Beta Mods like Courseplay & Guidance Steering and there was no way for him to contact those creators so he could 'Learn' them on how to fix their mods. Despite both Courseplay and Guidance Steering having very easily to find and post on GitHubs, also Courseplay Devs and Guidance Steering's Dev probably know far more about scripting then JHHG. I know the Courseplay Devs put out a few posts as to why his mods conflicted and caused issues with Courseplay, the No.1 using a script from a completely different game, and also his strange obsession with using custom, imaginary, made-up vehicle types in his files instead of using the game's default. His Combines should have been Vehicle Type 'Combine' in their config files. It was however very nice to see on the versions of these mods he released earlier this year on the ModHub he learnt from this experience. He removed the unnecessary and outdated scripts and also the incorrect vehicle types. So again it shows he has grown and matured a little bit over the past few months since those posts and dark times.

I would provide screenshots of these posts but don't fancy scrolling through his page for a couple of hours again past all the screenshots of his "WIP Mods" & "Coming Soon Mods", I wonder if the guy spent less time posting screenshots, he'd actually have more time to work and finish the mods and get them released sooner. Seems like these Planters have been "Coming Soon" for about 6 months now. Only thing slower at delivering a product on time is Royal Mail.

So no Mwal I'm not making any of this up it's right there in black and white on his page. He's not trying to hide the fact he's done shady and questionable stuff in the past. However it is good to see he's trying to turn things around now and be on the up and up. I have seen the post on his page this year where Banks INC Modding have given him permission to use their models and assets in his new Planter Mods. This is promising as it'd be the first DB60 & DB90 mods to have permission and give credits to the original author. This is very promising for an eventual ModHub release. Though I will say it's disappointing that he is using these Models as his base, as they are FS17 models. It would be nice if he had built entirely new models from scratch for FS19 and to FS19 high standards.

As for the edit of the map I made, I didn't and have never released the entire map to people. I simply made changes to one i3d file and some xmls, and made those available for people who had already downloaded the original map, to copy to their zip file and overwrite, which would then give them some fixes the map needed to remove lots of buried trees and other hidden objects. The original map still needed to be downloaded from the modhub, which meant the original creator or in this case the individual who converted it to FS19 instead of the original creator still gets all the credit for it, still gets all the downloads and still gets all the financial rewards from Giants. All I did was provide a patch for his work. If mod authors don't update and fix their mods, where is the harm in another member of the community releasing a patch or fix for it? Especially if that person receives nothing in return, except the thanks from some grateful players who now have a mod that they can actually play and use.

If you were referring to the Edit of Estancia Lapacho that I released, then yes I hold my hands up and say I released an entire map zip file. However again only because I got fed up everytime I or anyone else raised a Bug Report about the Map on these very forums that Giants would respond with "Won't Fix" or "We are not releasing anymore updates for this map". So again I took it upon myself to fix and update the map, unfortunately it required far more files changing and editing so releasing those to people was a bit more complicated as there would need to be lengthy instruction and where to place specific files within the zip files folder structure. It honestly was just easier to zip the map and make it available to the people that wanted it. However if you were to find that map on the internet and download it, open it up and check the files inside all Credits and Permissions still refer to Giants. I nowhere inserted my name or tried to claim for any of the content, only thing I do claim for is increasing the Map Version Number to differentiate between the one sat currently on the ModHub and the version I fixed and updated after Giants multiple times stated they wouldn't.
Last edited by cwattyeso on Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^you need to take notes from eric21. Shorter is sweeter.

Also, you practically called BulletBill a crappy map maker claiming his map was “broken” because of his style on how he creates maps. Smh. He’s probably in the top 3 map makers for the franchises. Lol. So I’m sorry if no one takes your posts seriously.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----