Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

TheSuBBie

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by TheSuBBie »

You do realise that any update to the current Welker map would require a new game to be started (as other things would probably be updated at the same time) so you would lose any savegames you currently have.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Great work from 4D modding again with the Redrock trailers, no license no problem, just call it Redlock. Lol
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

TheSuBBie wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:38 pm You do realise that any update to the current Welker map would require a new game to be started (as other things would probably be updated at the same time) so you would lose any savegames you currently have.
Well no, I didn't. I'll be the first to admit that I do not know enough about modding to know what would require a new save and what wouldn't.

But to that effect, I could survive making a new save. Yeah I would lose the stats from the 500+ hours I have on the game, but I could at least use government subsidy signs to get the money and replace all the equipment and fields I have acquired over time.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I just tried to sell the old Welker workshop and place the new one, all I got was errors, either a "This object collides with another object," or the "Terrain cannot be deformed here. "
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

You could try selling the deco placeable Tank02 as that seems to cause the "This object collides with another object" error, the other error "Terrain cannot be deformed here. " can sometimes be corrected using the terrain sculpt brush and smoothing the area you want to place the new building.
Last edited by TheSuBBie on Sat May 29, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I tried the terrain modification tool, and it just gives me another "cannot be deformed here". Even tried it out in start from scratch mode and got the same errors.

Unfortunate because I really wanted to install it in the map I built to be as realistic as console allows, however I can continue using the default one that comes with the map.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

And just to be clear, I am not meaning to complain and am certainly not knocking your work in any way, shape, form or fashion. I have loved playing the Welker Farms map, and seasons is what really got me back into fs19. You do some awesome work, Subbie, and you and your collaborators ought to be proud of what you have done.

Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Just a tip, you should try placing the small giants work shed from the base game around that area, place them as close to the area as you can and as many as you can, then sell all and try flattening the area with the tool yoke, honestly it has worked for me more than once when getting the terrain can't be whatever here, might be worth a try.

It's the small shed with the repair trigger
Last edited by Feirmeoir Eireannach on Sun May 30, 2021 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Unfortunately I can only test things on PC and have had great difficulty trying to place things on the default maps without trying to terraform the area first and even then its no always succesful, what I have noticed is you have to flatten an area 1.5 times the area of the placeable regardless of the placement settings in the xml (which in this case are <placement testSizeX="45" testSizeZ="32" sizeX="40" sizeZ="30" useRandomYRotation="false" useManualYRotation="true"/>) and as Feirmeoir Eireannach has said placing some of the default sheds to try and get things to work.
As to complaining, to be honest thats the only way to get feedback sometimes so no worries mate.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I know, I just feel like there's a difference between reporting an issue and flat out complaining. So as long as you understand where I'm coming from is good enough for me.

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Ok so “Jullian the Awesome” got his White workhorse to the ModHub today. And it looks like he’s pretty far along with his next masterpiece, an articulated Allis Chalmers. Man oh man, I like him!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

I'm liking the trend of folks nobody knows popping out of nowhere and blowing us away. 82's stuff, ajfarmer, and Jullian!!!!
lawm

Post by lawm »

Hot dang.....the rest of the Welker buildings!!!!! I think I will be role playing a natural disaster at my farm and doing some remodeling this week. Thanks Subbie!!!!
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

Has anyone used the 250 series CaseIH combine and had any issues? I just finished a wheat harvest before purchasing it, so I haven’t got it into a field yet and put it to work.I’m just curious as to why it’s got a 3-star rating.
Playing on Xbox since FS15
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Hoss1 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:28 pm Has anyone used the 250 series CaseIH combine and had any issues? I just finished a wheat harvest before purchasing it, so I haven’t got it into a field yet and put it to work.I’m just curious as to why it’s got a 3-star rating.
Drama, mixed with a few issues is the reason it has a poor rating