Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

L2K Perma

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by L2K Perma »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:20 am In the end I can say that I would not have become hooked on this game had it not been for console mods when I bought 17 on a whim. This game has been the biggest windfall of my gaming life and I just hope that Giants does not ever knee jerk react to the squeaky wheels griping. As a console player I ask that people appreciate what we have and will get in the future as I cannot think of any other console games where a community can contribute personal creations for others to enjoy. We will get the 40 series and stone valley 2x and other items we are not even aware of. In a couple years we will be wishing someone has ported over this mod or that mod that we loved on 19. Wash rinse repeat!
The only other games that allow mods on console are Skyrim and Fallout 4, I think Cities Skyline does as well, but I’m not 100% certain on how that one goes for mods.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
eric21

Post by eric21 »

They use a system like giants modhub but only for xbox
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

This week, on console alone, we got:

-Bressel and Lade sweeping brush (very useful for cleaning up edges of fields)
-Lizard feeding shovel (a massive time-saver)
-MAN TGS Joskin Cargo (an absolutely beautiful piece of equipment, with 3 different attachments)
-All Purpose Tool (for carrying pretty much anything you can imagine)
-John Deere 9600-9610 (beastly)
-Case IH Puma CVX 165 (really cool color options).
-Fella Grassland Equipment (a new brand!)
-Massey Ferguson 8140 (monster)
-Lindner Unitrac (the most useful piece of equipment that should be on any small farm)
-Lizard TREX6 (with tension belt supports that can enable equipment to be strapped down!)
-Ischia Farms/Braud 9000L - (grapes on console!!!!!)

Not sure how people could be disappointed by that...
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Yeahrightio wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:19 am Oh thankyou. I'm only new to forums and I thought " oh god what have I done" :lol:
You learn something new everyday. How come Giants are GMBH if they are from Switzerland?
GmbH is indeed a German phrase. But also used in Switzerland and Austria since they too speak German. Had to look it up as I was wondering myself
Ignorance is bliss
garyst

Post by garyst »

The amount of mods and quality of mods being released is great and very much appreciated. The fact is the game offers alot of different crops, forestry, animals, etc, and different ways to farm. Everyone likes to play a certain way and use certain equipment or mods depending on what or how they farm. For example I only farm cotton, corn, and soybeans, so I only look and download mods associated with American corn, cotton, and soybean farming. And I want an average sized farm with both old and new american equipment mixed. There are not too many mods that get released that would be useful to my average American farm. Even though we got all those mods this week the only thing I found useful is the 9600/9610 combine. I also downloaded the puma but couldn't find a use for it because it didn't have normal size row crop tires. the prior two weeks i didnt find anything. Anyway it can be a bit frustrating to many players who like to farm a particular way with particular tastes in equipment to finally see something they could really use on there farm fail testing so many times and either the modder gives up or it drags on for weeks in and out of testing. I know it doesn't give me or anyone a right to complain because the mods are free anyways but sometimes some of us can loose our cool when something we want fails testing once again and come complain on here. Sorry for the long post and sorry for the complaints I have made.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Pretty sure Giants has both a German and a Swiss GmbH company and beside that a registered company in the Czech Republic. So making that GmbH assumption isn't that weird, both actually exist
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

The thing is though, if you purposely choose to only do 3 things in a game with literally hundreds of things to do, is that modders or giants' problem?

Imagine if I bought call of duty and complained because I only want to play using a knife.
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

MrSquealypig wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:24 pm This week, on console alone, we got:

-MAN TGS Joskin Cargo (an absolutely beautiful piece of equipment, with 3 different attachments)
-Lindner Unitrac (the most useful piece of equipment that should be on any small farm)
-Lizard TREX6 (with tension belt supports that can enable equipment to be strapped down!)

I was wondering where the strap down point tool came from and saw your list of what we got and forgot about the Trex6. Maybe some are too specific in what types of items they use. Thankfully for me every day there is a mod drop I find something I want or didn't even know i wanted :biggrin2:
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

iB055 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:28 am There will be a learning curve to start modding for 19 but I am planning to get back into it in hopes to eventually contribute to the diversity of NA equipment available to us console players.
There will be a learning curve but I find it comes back quickly. I only made mods for FS11 and FS13, but after three months now I think I understand the game as well or even better than back then. My advice: start with smaller stuff like a weight and go from there. And make mods you want, not mods that you think will be popular. The time that goes into making one is not worth it if you won't be using it yourself.

And for the people complaining about the mods failing testing, it's not Giants' job to bring diversity to the game. They just test for functionality, and if a mod fails it means it doesn't meet the requirements. These can be stupid little mistakes, like spelling mistakes in the description, but can also be more complex. In that case it could take time to figure out what is causing the error/warnings. Just remember most modders do this in their spare time, so things take time!
Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

To add to this^ to the people upset about console mods they are also testing to the company who made the console you are playing on standards as well so remember you chose the platform you play the game many of the mods complained about have been available for months prior on pc before there release on console.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:31 am
Yeahrightio wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:37 pmI live in Australia, so it Saturday here when it's Friday in Germany, where Giants is based. I always hope for good mods on a Saturday. But the testing list doesn't update for me so I don't know what's there. 🙃
GIANTS aren't based in Germany, though they do have an office there.

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:08 pm I'll be the first say as a console player I'm happy we get mods, all mods work good for some and not at all for others. That being said....I'm severely bummed with the mod testing lately. Huge items that tons of players are excited about keep failing and takes weeks to even test again. Lots of updates to mods more than new ones released...I'll keep playing and keep checking daily for the hopes to some new mods I can use. This is my opinion, like I said lots of mods work for some and not others...I'm in the other category lately
Do you do realise how much of a cock you come across as? "I don't want to criticise modders and GIANTS, but I will anyway because I'm not getting today what I wanted yesterday". Every week it's the same, despite your thin attempts at disguising it. If things fail testing, it's 95% of the time for good reasons. Constantly complaining about it, not matter how positively you try to spin it, isn't going to improve either the mods nor your chances of getting them.
You don't like what I list then don't don't read it...you have no room to call me a cock there douche canoe. Grow up don't be a tough guy over a forum page. I'm not criticising them...I'm expressing my disappointment...which last I checked...yep I bought the damn game I can do that! Idiots like you is why I start the thread they way I do to help the misunderstanding..yet here you are...not able to read. Move along troll, go farm
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

MrSquealypig wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:24 pm This week, on console alone, we got:

I'm not disappointed as in upset and think they can do better...I'm just disappointed the mods out aren't really for my liking. Not sure why that's so not allowed. I'm more than thrilled that mods being released are great for other players! Just not much for me this week. Maybe next who knows! Tired of people taking something sooooo small and blowing it up into a fight...let alone calling people names lol are we 5 here?

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Honestly since getting my pc, I hardly downloaded any new mods from the modhub. All the new mods I get are from the modders Facebook page.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:42 pm Honestly since getting my pc, I hardly downloaded any new mods from the modhub. All the new mods I get are from the modders Facebook page.
Trust me..if I played enough and didn't work all the time I would probably build one. Console is just easier and usually cheaper.

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeah my wife was so mad at me for getting one.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.