Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

DEERE317

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:53 am
this_is_gav wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:10 am I tried the Fahr trailed harvester yesterday and there are a couple of limitations, both of which are obvious when you think about them.

1) Unless you use narrow wheels, you obviously need to go clockwise around the field or at least always with the crop to your right otherwise you'll destroy half the crop.

2) The hired helper didn't turn around at the end of the field and instead just stopped (probably by design due to the above, though hired helpers don't destroy crops).
Yeah just like pull type choppers and old style haybines that’s how the old stuff worked, either you sacrificed a little or you were Ricky Bobby for a few weeks every year. I would add that we, and most everyone used to swath grain also in which case you would just be picking up a windrow, which is a mechanic I would sure like to see added by giants.
Yep, opening headlands you may drive in the crop, otherwise it’s just making circles.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

So are all the oxy worshipers happy lol
JamP

Post by JamP »

Someone started working early today! 😍

Chellington Valley - New farmer use 913 slots or 802 after selling all equipment.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:53 am
this_is_gav wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:10 am I tried the Fahr trailed harvester yesterday and there are a couple of limitations, both of which are obvious when you think about them.

1) Unless you use narrow wheels, you obviously need to go clockwise around the field or at least always with the crop to your right otherwise you'll destroy half the crop.

2) The hired helper didn't turn around at the end of the field and instead just stopped (probably by design due to the above, though hired helpers don't destroy crops).
Yeah just like pull type choppers and old style haybines that’s how the old stuff worked, either you sacrificed a little or you were Ricky Bobby for a few weeks every year. I would add that we, and most everyone used to swath grain also in which case you would just be picking up a windrow, which is a mechanic I would sure like to see added by giants.
I was able to swath wheat when I was testing out some new mods. It looks like you can swath a few crops, then use a special header to pick them up and run it through a combine. So it's in there, I just haven't used it because I don't have any experience with swathing grain
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:14 pm
I was able to swath wheat when I was testing out some new mods. It looks like you can swath a few crops, then use a special header to pick them up and run it through a combine. So it's in there, I just haven't used it because I don't have any experience with swathing grain
Yeah I have used the mods for a while and have actually been helping someone here get it set up for canola, but the edited crop extension conflicts with strawme so I quit using it because I would rather bale stalks on canfarm. I would just like to see some of that stuff base game to open up the mods for it for everyone.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:55 pm So are all the oxy worshipers happy lol
I believe they all vowed to either burn or sell their copies so it will take a little while until they get new ones
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

Did I miss something in the last few months? I thought Millennial Farms wasn’t coming to consoles. :confusednew: I see it’s in testing. If and when it passes, I’m going to have to get more time off from work to do Welker Farms, Griffin Indiana, AND now Millennial Farms! :shock:
Playing on Xbox since FS15
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Hoss1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:24 pm Did I miss something in the last few months? I thought Millennial Farms wasn’t coming to consoles. :confusednew: I see it’s in testing. If and when it passes, I’m going to have to get more time off from work to do Welker Farms, Griffin Indiana, AND now Millennial Farms! :shock:
Nothing on Mappers Paradise’s Facebook.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Hoss1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:24 pm Did I miss something in the last few months? I thought Millennial Farms wasn’t coming to consoles. :confusednew: I see it’s in testing. If and when it passes, I’m going to have to get more time off from work to do Welker Farms, Griffin Indiana, AND now Millennial Farms! :shock:
They never said it would not come to console, they just said that they were taking a break from the project. So they are indeed bringing it back. They did a good job not teasing it so much this time, it'll be a good surprise for more of the community
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:34 pm
Nothing on Mappers Paradise’s Facebook.
There was a rumour going around apparently
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:34 pm
They never said it would not come to console, they just said that they were taking a break from the project. So they are indeed bringing it back. They did a good job not teasing it so much this time, it'll be a good surprise for more of the community

Well, that would be my poor reading comprehension skills on display for all to see. I don’t have Facebook and obviously misunderstood what I read on these forums. You are correct: it will be a good surprise.
Playing on Xbox since FS15
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

eric21 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:57 pm
There was a rumour going around apparently
A rumor of a rumor haha
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Hoss1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:19 pm

Well, that would be my poor reading comprehension skills on display for all to see. I don’t have Facebook and obviously misunderstood what I read on these forums. You are correct: it will be a good surprise.
No, you're fine, I wasn't trying to call you out. I think many people saw Mappers post and thought they were shutting the project down. They hadn't said much on Facebook anyway

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Hoss1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:19 pm
Don’t need Facebook to see most modder pages.