Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

User avatar
vondeylenfarms
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm
Location: USA, Ohio

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by vondeylenfarms » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:12 pm

My thoughts are they don't allow this because custom cancelled their Quadtrac mod when the other one got released first... hoping giants can weight in on this!
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however not racist we own some green :coolnew: )

Platform-PS4

nerkags
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by nerkags » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:18 pm

Can someone tell me why console can't have mods like shelf storage or wool storage.

User avatar
asyvan
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:21 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by asyvan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:19 pm

I think CMs mods also is many slots because it is lots of detail (polygons). Not sure how much they can bring that down.

But I agree with you, and hopefully Giants and CM are listening. They should agree with eachother what is required to release.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides

BernardC
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by BernardC » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:27 pm

nerkags wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:18 pm
Can someone tell me why console can't have mods like shelf storage or wool storage.
For these mods use scripts

User avatar
vondeylenfarms
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm
Location: USA, Ohio

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by vondeylenfarms » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:50 pm

asyvan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:19 pm
I think CMs mods also is many slots because it is lots of detail (polygons). Not sure how much they can bring that down.

But I agree with you, and hopefully Giants and CM are listening. They should agree with eachother what is required to release.
Custom modding had higher slots... yes. But they are usually close to what the in game one is. Like their 8r is not far from the base game. 72 slots is over 30 from the base game....no way lol
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however not racist we own some green :coolnew: )

Platform-PS4

User avatar
asyvan
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:21 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by asyvan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:10 pm

vondeylenfarms wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:50 pm
asyvan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:19 pm
I think CMs mods also is many slots because it is lots of detail (polygons). Not sure how much they can bring that down.

But I agree with you, and hopefully Giants and CM are listening. They should agree with eachother what is required to release.
Custom modding had higher slots... yes. But they are usually close to what the in game one is. Like their 8r is not far from the base game. 72 slots is over 30 from the base game....no way lol
Haha, yeah 72 is really bad. I agree.

Somehow the modder managed to get polygons from 175000 (i3D size less than 10MB) on Giants original model to 275000 (i3D size 14MB) on his. The modder also have 3 normal and specular files that are close to 3MB each, but contain only super little data for very small objects. These normals and speculars should be 512x512 and not 2048x2048 like they are. A 512x512 is 340kB, a 2048x2048 is 2.8MB.

So yeah, the mod is very poorly optimized and that is why it takes 72 slots.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 1389
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by chedly_farms » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:22 pm

This 7R will use the John Deere front loader. That's kind of a big deal, no? Highest HP tractor with a front loader option. 72 Slots is huge, but that fact that it's high HP and uses a front loader allows it to take the place of two tractors.

As far as the American Style 7r discussion...Sadly, if you want a true American style farm and map, PC is probably going to be the best/only option. As someone from the States, I have come to that realization, and I am no longer fretting over it. I'm having a lot of fun playing the Euro maps, and for the time being have Lone Oak to scratch the itch. I'd love to see gravity wagons, augers, more row crop options, NA style dairy silos... The game still has another 12-13 months in the cycle yet for modders to work, but unless they themselves want to show interest in doing NA styled mods, we are not going to see it. And I'm okay with that. Because If I really needed them that bad, I'd play on PC. So it's a trade off that I feel more people need to come to grips with it.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours
Osina, 105+ hours
_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Part Time Key-Board Warrior
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

User avatar
vondeylenfarms
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm
Location: USA, Ohio

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by vondeylenfarms » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:35 pm

The modders are doing US versions! Not sure why you say they aren't. Custom Modding is by far the biggest one making them. Giants hasn't said anything yet, so I'm keeping hope that they still allow mods that are close to other mods, yet different
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however not racist we own some green :coolnew: )

Platform-PS4

User avatar
asyvan
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:21 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by asyvan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:45 pm

vondeylenfarms wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:35 pm
The modders are doing US versions! Not sure why you say they aren't. Custom Modding is by far the biggest one making them. Giants hasn't said anything yet, so I'm keeping hope that they still allow mods that are close to other mods, yet different
I don't know anything about what CM do or don't, or Giants for that matter.

But!
I can tell you the QA team at Giants for the Modhub is very very good. They are very responsive to any ticket you as a modder send. If it hasn't been done, and if I were CM, I would message with the QA team about what is required in order to release. They can for sure work it out somehow so CM can release their stuff.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 1389
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by chedly_farms » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:52 pm

vondeylenfarms wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:35 pm
The modders are doing US versions! Not sure why you say they aren't. Custom Modding is by far the biggest one making them. Giants hasn't said anything yet, so I'm keeping hope that they still allow mods that are close to other mods, yet different
I'm not saying they aren't, but the volume of what's coming and what's actually out on the console isn't there. That's all I'm saying. Custom Modding, who I am very thankful for, are putting out a mod every month or two. And I respect that for the amount of work and effort they put into them. But you can't expect them to produce a whole line-up. That would be absurd. My point is be thankful for what you have, but if you need more, then you may need to lean towards a PC. And this isn't a knock against you, I just observe things in that you show a certain level of impatience for getting new mods all the time. You may have a way more enjoyable experience playing on PC.
Last edited by chedly_farms on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours
Osina, 105+ hours
_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Part Time Key-Board Warrior
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

User avatar
asyvan
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:21 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by asyvan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:52 pm

asyvan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:10 pm
Somehow the modder managed to get polygons from 175000 (i3D size less than 10MB) on Giants original model to 275000 (i3D size 14MB) on his. The modder also have 3 normal and specular files that are close to 3MB each, but contain only super little data for very small objects. These normals and speculars should be 512x512 and not 2048x2048 like they are. A 512x512 is 340kB, a 2048x2048 is 2.8MB.

So yeah, the mod is very poorly optimized and that is why it takes 72 slots.
I checked the 7R some more, and the modder managed to spend 65000 polygons on one (1!!!) terminal.
The terminals I have added to my Puma are less than 12000 polygons for all 7 variants together.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 1389
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by chedly_farms » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:54 pm

asyvan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:52 pm
asyvan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:10 pm
Somehow the modder managed to get polygons from 175000 (i3D size less than 10MB) on Giants original model to 275000 (i3D size 14MB) on his. The modder also have 3 normal and specular files that are close to 3MB each, but contain only super little data for very small objects. These normals and speculars should be 512x512 and not 2048x2048 like they are. A 512x512 is 340kB, a 2048x2048 is 2.8MB.

So yeah, the mod is very poorly optimized and that is why it takes 72 slots.
I checked the 7R some more, and the modder managed to spend 65000 polygons on one (1!!!) terminal.
The terminals I have added to my Puma are less than 12000 polygons for all 7 variants together.
Maybe there is an opportunity for a more experienced modder to reach out and help with some advice.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours
Osina, 105+ hours
_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Part Time Key-Board Warrior
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 2402
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Illinois Farmer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:00 pm

chedly_farms wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:22 pm
This 7R will use the John Deere front loader. That's kind of a big deal, no? Highest HP tractor with a front loader option. 72 Slots is huge, but that fact that it's high HP and uses a front loader allows it to take the place of two tractors.

As far as the American Style 7r discussion...Sadly, if you want a true American style farm and map, PC is probably going to be the best/only option. As someone from the States, I have come to that realization, and I am no longer fretting over it. I'm having a lot of fun playing the Euro maps, and for the time being have Lone Oak to scratch the itch. I'd love to see gravity wagons, augers, more row crop options, NA style dairy silos... The game still has another 12-13 months in the cycle yet for modders to work, but unless they themselves want to show interest in doing NA styled mods, we are not going to see it. And I'm okay with that. Because If I really needed them that bad, I'd play on PC. So it's a trade off that I feel more people need to come to grips with it.
Yea that is all very true. I think cm 7r would have the front loader option as well plus updating their 8r to have it as well.
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user and newly pc user.

User avatar
vondeylenfarms
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm
Location: USA, Ohio

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by vondeylenfarms » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:29 am

Honestly...I dont work with CM obviously but they may not care to even ask Giants. If Giants dont allow it then o well o their part. They will release it PC players which is CM's main players. They release mods for consoles just a pure "your welcome"? Like I said I have I side knowledge, just my thoughts if I were working with them in it. Obviously I hope for the best outcome and let the players have the mods...I'm fine with more than one, they are all different somehow and let us decide
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however not racist we own some green :coolnew: )

Platform-PS4

User avatar
Pensarethebest
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:11 am

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Pensarethebest » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:23 am

There are 2 fendt 500 mods on modhub. Why would we assume that there cant be 2 7r mods as well.?
FS 19 and loving it.

Post Reply