Seasons PCF

SwoopGB

Seasons PCF

Post by SwoopGB »

'Patchy crop failure' or 'withering' as it's displayed in game.

There are few issues with PCF:

1) There doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to PCF happening. Ok, yes, it's all written up in the wiki that different crops have different resistances to cold snaps / droughts.....but there's no feedback in game to help a player understand what's going on.

2) Withered crops that spawn in kinda rectangular sections are an immersion killer.

3) Soil under withered crops doesn't seem to recognise things like lime spreading after the harvest. You can certainly see the previously withered areas in the mini map after a harvest and plowing, as those sections of soil will still be showing as 100% fertilised.

4 - And this is the most annoying one) AI workers who hit a patch of withered crops during harvest think they've reached the end of a row and will happily run over unharvested crops in order to turn around and start the next row.
cwattyeso

Re: Seasons PCF

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah have to agree with Issues 2, 3 and 4, are really annoying in the game. I suppose that issue 2 is fine for the players that only play on maps with square or rectangular fields, so the PCF matches their field shapes. However if you play on a map with more realistic and irregular shaped fields, then it's an incredible unrealistic feature that the crops only wither or fail to germinate or go to harvested if they fail between germinating and withering and do so in perfectly square patches.

The Soil Issue is also annoying. As someone who Lime Spreads and Fertilises Fields after Harvesting and prior to Ploughing/Cultivating to get that first fertiliser state locked in, it's annoying that the PCF prevents the soil under it getting the correct ground status applied to it. Means then when you come to put down another layer of fertiliser and then later seed with a sower/planter that fertilises you end up with a field that has several different stages of fertilisation across it, with patches being totally different to others, and because of Issue 2, they are always perfectly square or rectangular, which looks very unnatural. Also another thing that bugs me is the texture of the ground that these PCF create, seems to persist even after ploughing or cultivating. The only way to remove whatever texture the game has applied in to that area, is when you seed the field.

As for the worker issue, it's just another great reason why if on PC, you should have download, installed and use Courseplay rather then the normal AI Workers. On Multiplayer where I'm primarily playing the game with Seasons, we never use workers, as well there are real people to do all the work. However down the road when Seasons ends up on consoles, I could see console players with access only to the default in game AI workers, being very frustrated by how the AI handles these PCF patches and goes off on random manoeuvres or misses half a field.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

Yea, it almost might have worked better to just have the overall yield lower a certain amount to simulate some crop failure instead of having the withered patches. That would eliminate 2, 3, and 4. But I am by no means a programmer and don't know if that's even a possibility.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

I've done improvements to the AI for 4. 3 is unfixable with the game, sadly. 2: agree but it is the best we could

You could always change your local Seasons to disable PCF if it is gamebreaking for you
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:25 pm
Hmmm

Is Realismus Modding part of GIANTS now, or...?
Ignorance is bliss
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

No, Rahkiin is, but not realismus as a whole.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

SwoopGB wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:32 pm 3) Soil under withered crops doesn't seem to recognise things like lime spreading after the harvest. You can certainly see the previously withered areas in the mini map after a harvest and plowing, as those sections of soil will still be showing as 100% fertilised.
Cultivate then spread lime. I tried it recently and it seemed to allow lime to be recognized everywhere, it doesn't work for fert state though.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Ploughing or cultivating doesn't "reset" the PCF areas in the AI's view? Even if you manually go in and plough or cultivate those areas first before setting the AI loose on the next task? If that did work it would be reasonably representative of real life.

I'm legitimately asking as I have not tried this myself yet.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:25 pm I've done improvements to the AI for 4. 3 is unfixable with the game, sadly. 2: agree but it is the best we could

You could always change your local Seasons to disable PCF if it is gamebreaking for you
How to disable PCF ?
Emil Jørgensen

Post by Emil Jørgensen »

bojanh66 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:41 am How to disable PCF ?
Delete this file:
FS19_RM_Seasons > src > SeasonsGrowthPatchyCropFailure
PC - Fs 11 - Fs 17 - Fs 19
"Rather Push A Deere, Than Drive A Massey"
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Nope, thats not correct way to do it, then i get infinite loading time and LUA error.
2019-11-14 17:09 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
2019-11-14 17:09 C:/Users/Gaming/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_RM_Seasons/src/growth/SeasonsGrowth.lua:55: attempt to index global 'SeasonsGrowthPatchyCropFailure' (a nil value)
Emil Jørgensen

Post by Emil Jørgensen »

I think you have to mess around in some other files, so that PCF isn't a thing at all, but for that part, I sadly can't help you.
PC - Fs 11 - Fs 17 - Fs 19
"Rather Push A Deere, Than Drive A Massey"
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

:hmm: Since I updated to build 33 and every one from then on I haven't had any PCF? I just get perfect germination through to harvest
PC & Xbox One