Any map recommendations please!

Graham1969

Any map recommendations please!

Post by Graham1969 »

Hello everyone! I would like to ask for some map recommendations if possible. I am looking for the following:

1. A mix of different sized fields. Any shape as I have course play etc in my mods folder.
2. Built in animal zones if possible.
3. Medium to large sized maps as small ones lose my interest quite fast.

Many thanks in advance...
Doc3d

Re: Any map recommendations please!

Post by Doc3d »

Im currently in Kandelin. Its a very well made map, 2 years of Development and the last and final update was issued about a week or so ago. Seasons ready, 4x realistic with 7 farms to choose from. The fields are mostly quite massive, so courseplay would be a good idea If playing solo. Highly recommended

Another in the pipeline is Geiselberg. It was in testing yesterday, so either it got sent back, or will be released shortly. It was in the modcontest and I am just waiting for a seasons update before I go back. Also highly recommended if you like realistic maps.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I am currently playing the Great Smoky Mountains with seasons. Mostly odd-shaped fields, but hired workers don't typically have issues with the fields. Not a ton of sell points though. Also, if you want lots of space to build your own farm, there are several empty lots. As well, a lot of the ground around the starting farm can be terraformed and worked to add on. I got the map off American Eagles Modding.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

UK map = Oakfield farm
US map = Lone Oak (not yet released, but very soon)
These maps are from same map maker,one of the best map makers in the business.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

If you want something different, Berry Village ticks all your boxes with flying grades. It is a Russian 4x map, very well made with realistic landscape and fields. It is also Seasons ready.

My only problem with it is that the factories are Russian only, so I have no idea what they produce or require. But unless you are actively looking for a production map (of which there are very few yet), you could easily ignore those.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

bojanh66 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:00 am UK map = Oakfield farm
Oakfield is OxygenDavid's map, Lone Oak is BulletBill83's.
Both are excellent maps by very talented mappers.

I'm currently playing Fenton Forest by Stevie, and looking at the 4x version, so I'd recommend either of those.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
SandyBay19

Post by SandyBay19 »

bojanh66 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:00 am UK map = Oakfield farm
He'll be releasing Shamrock Valley soon. Maybe before October we never know ;)
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator