A question about farming in Germany.

Hoffa82

A question about farming in Germany.

Post by Hoffa82 »

Hello everyone, I have a question for someone that knows about irl farming in Germany.
I'm trying to play the game as realistic as possible, only using equipment that would be found on a farm in the area I'm playing in the game, Germany that is.
I'm only using equipment that have license plates, and adding it to the mods that don't have it.
So my question is, what are the rules for registering farm equipment in Germany? I understand that tractors need licence plates, but other than that I have no qlue, trying to find information online is hard, since I'm not speaking german and Google translate is working so-so with law and regulatory texts.

Sorry for long text, but in short; what equipment is required to have licence plates or not in German farming.

Thanks.
IceUul

Re: A question about farming in Germany.

Post by IceUul »

Translate it and put it into German forums here, chance to get better answer.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Have you tried the German government website on vehicle registration?
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Good question. I dont know, but in norway i *think* all road going machinery or equipment needs to be registered. I guess that means any equip,ant spending considerable time on the roads, so dump trailers, or tractors for instance. While equipment meant for the fields does not, like a cultivator or a plow.
Balers I would think could go both ways, so bottom line is I have no idea, but it’s a valid question. Sorry for trying to help and failing miserably:)
Loss

Post by Loss »

In German Wikipedia I have seen nothing special to agricultural machinery. I think...
Doc3d wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:07 pm all road going machinery or equipment needs to be registered.
can be right (I'm from Switzerland and do not know how it is in Germany)

For a try in german section, you can use this translation:
Ich habe eine Frage an jemanden, der sich mit Kfz-Kennzeichen in Deutschland auskennt. Ich versuche, das Spiel so realistisch wie möglich zu spielen, und verwende nur Geräte, die auf einem Bauernhof in dem Gebiet zu finden sind, in dem ich im Spiel spiele, also in Deutschland.
Ich benutze nur Geräte mit Nummernschildern und füge sie den Mods hinzu, die sie nicht haben. Meine Frage ist also, welche Regeln gelten für die Registrierung von Landmaschinen in Deutschland? Ich verstehe, dass Traktoren Kennzeichen benötigen, aber abgesehen davon? Informationen online zu finden, ist schwierig, da ich kein Deutsch spreche und Google Translate mit gesetzlichen und behördlichen Texten so lala arbeitet.
Für Antworten in einfachem deutsch oder in englisch bin ich dankbar.
farmerfivetom

Post by farmerfivetom »

I am from Germany. Bavaria to bei exaktly.
You need to license every driveable vehicle. Harvester, combine, tractor, etc.
If you want to Drive ob sundays, you need to Order a sign with Green letters on it. This is called LOF (Land- oder Forstwirtschaft) in Englisch: Farming or forrestry.
When you get this sign, you don't need to pay taxes.
This is bery hard to get, but normally you can.
Every Trailer also need its oben sign. Trailer with an allowed Speed lower than 25km/h (don't know what its in mph) they don't need an extra sign. in this Case you Just need a "Wiederholungskennzeichen" this is the Same sign you have in one of Spur tractors. And you don't even need to Put this tractor in Front of the Trailer.

You have a sign in this way:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... h%2Fx%2Fim

HI is the City, in this case: Hildesheim, a tractor is licensed in.

Then you have one or two Letters and one, two, or three numbers you can choose one your own.

I Hope this will Help you :biggrin2:
:hi:
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

Thanks for the answers everyone.
That was my limited understanding too, that road going machinery required registration, so thanks for confirming that.
And I'll post your translation in the German section, Loss, thanks for that.

Good answer farmerfivetom, I think i get it now.

I just want to get the immersion right, and i'm a nerd for details :mrgreen: :geeknew:
brayden64

Post by brayden64 »

Agriculture is important for the country's food security and also a provider of jobs. It produces about DM84 billion worth of goods annually and purchases goods for around DM52 billion. Over 80 percent of Germany's land is used for agriculture and forestry firstbankcard.
Last edited by brayden64 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
crash

Post by crash »

These rules are very simular across Europe (EU forces a lot of rules to be implemented in countries not in eu, but a part of EFTA..) and there is a lot of local rules that can rule over EU rules, and vice verca.. Danes can only drive in 40km/h with a tractor afaik. Norway has 3 "stages" in the tractor license. Topping it of with requiring a truck license for tractors faster than 60, but it only applies to people who took their license after 1/1/2005.. In Sweden you can gear down an car, so its max speed are 30ish, build a truck bed on It and and call it a epa tractor and drive it when you are 16..🤠

Back to license plates, in Norway a tractor slower than 20k/h don't need plates, same for dump trucks etc. Your trailer mount harrow don't need plates. But you can only drive in 40 as it has no brakes.. A log trailer with a crane needs a plate, because it can transport goods on the road..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway