Animal prices never change.

Farmer Pain

Animal prices never change.

Post by Farmer Pain » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:47 pm

I'm playing Lone Oak Farms with 3 day Seasons on hard mode. In Mid Spring I purchased sheep for $4519. At the time Pigs were $3360 and cows were selling at $5049. I am playing on "Real Time" speed on console. I have been waiting for the price of cows to drop so I can purchase some. After every transition I visit the Animal Dealer to observe the prices for any fluctuation. It is now Mid Summer and the prices are still the same as they were when I first started the game. I do forestry and grass cutting at night so I don't "Skip Night".

What could be the cause of the animal prices not changing in 4 transition periods.

Goose66

Re: Animal prices never change.

Post by Goose66 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:12 pm

I take it this is regarding fs17 ?
Playing on PC....Burghausen map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66

Farmer Pain

Post by Farmer Pain » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:37 pm

My bad. Yeah i am playing FS17.

Crazof

Post by Crazof » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:52 pm

I seem to remember hearing that you have to skip night to keep the various data working with the day and season changes.

Farmer Pain

Post by Farmer Pain » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Crazof Are you sure you have to skip night in order for the game to work as it is intended. I know it is suggested but i didn't realize it was required.

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Farmer Pain wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 pm
Crazof Are you sure you have to skip night in order for the game to work as it is intended. I know it is suggested but i didn't realize it was required.
I also recall some sort of glitch where you had to skip at least the occasional night in order for the prices to sync and resume their seasonal variability. If you never skip nights I think the prices unintentionally "lock" on a value from a certain point in time.

I work through a few nights in spring and fall but skip most of them in summer and winter, and haven't had the price problem happen to me, although I have read about others experiencing it.

Skipping night can be as little as 4ish hours in summer anyway, if you wait till just before midnight and choose to get up at the earlier option.

Who wants to work all through the night every day anyway :lol:

Farmer Pain

Post by Farmer Pain » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:05 pm

Thx for the info. I was completely unaware of this issue. What do i need to do to "unlock" the prices?

I hear ya on working through the night every day. Wheres the fun in that. I don't work all the way through the nights but I also don't "skip the night". When I am done in the evening I just speed the game up to 120x until I get to the desired time that I want to begin the next day. Usually it is quicker to fast forward the time than skipping the night. I didn't realize not skipping the night would effect the game this bad.

Crazof

Post by Crazof » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:17 pm

Try skipping the night

Farmer Pain

Post by Farmer Pain » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:20 pm

I did for 6 transitions and the prices never changed. I even started a new game on easy mode and it had the exact same starting prices as my existing saved game. Tried skipping night several times on the new game and still no change in prices. I guess my only option is to delete the Saved Game, start all over and remember to skip through the night.

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:04 pm

I sort of recall that it might take until the next year before the market "resets".

As an experiment try skipping the nights straight through until the new calendar year starts, and/or try skipping through a whole year's worth of nights from your current date. If neither of those fix it then I would agree you likely need to dump the save. However something at the back of my mind is telling me it has something to do with the new year. Sorry I can't be of more help. This was discussed in one of the many Seasons threads on the FS17 forum, but I don't recall exactly where.

Farmer Pain

Post by Farmer Pain » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 pm

I have already skipped through 6 transitions with no change, but not a whole season. I'll definitely give that a shot. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Farmer Pain

Post by Farmer Pain » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:40 pm

I meant calendar year and not a season.