Anyway to Extend the 'Magic Circle' on PC?

cwattyeso

Anyway to Extend the 'Magic Circle' on PC?

Post by cwattyeso » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pm

I'm finding more and more often these days, due partly to the number of really great maps that keep getting released by very talented mod authors that I'm getting annoyed as a PC Player with how bad the game actually looks on the platform, and how it pretty much seems to be a Console Game that doesn't even take advantage of or maximise the capabilities of my PC System.

The thing that is bugging me more and more now as I play on these wonderful user maps is that horrid 'Magic Circle' that appears around your vehicles, where the game only loads in the good looking textures, and outside or beyond that circle still leaves the absolute garbage looking crap.

Try as I may to manually edit and extend my game settings beyond the limits set by the in-game options, I can't do anything to remove this horrid effect.

Sure I can push my view distance and render distance to incredible limits that I can eventually slow my FPS to single figures, however there doesn't seem to be any settings to increase the radius of this circle, or disable it completely and just make the game load the good textures as far as the eye can see on the map.

Will this ever be something Giants look at fixing?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Gaming Let's Plays at http://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun

Drmattymd

Re: Anyway to Extend the 'Magic Circle' on PC?

Post by Drmattymd » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:01 pm

There must be some way to fix it, I was watching duckzor's video and didnt notice or rather I noticed the lack of the circle, unless I was mistaken
Playing on PC and PS4

asyvan

Post by asyvan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 pm

What? This is easy.
Just enter advanced graphics settings, bump the distance to max (200%). Then edit the game.xml and bump the coeff values to between 3-4 depending on your GPU.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Using Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad (Forestry/Logging)
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

My published ModHub mod: Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:20 pm

I'll give it a shot, I admit I have changed these settings on my PC, but all seems to do so far is extend the view distance, but not necessarily improve the quality of the textures at that new distance.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Gaming Let's Plays at http://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun