Loneoak in testing

Mobias

Re: Loneoak in testing

Post by Mobias »

gilroy222 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:24 am
iB055 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:04 am Regrettably Lone Oak 19 is far too similar in overall feel and lighting as Marwell Manor for me to enjoy playing.
I hate to say it but I think you're right. I wish he used the lighting that was used on Ravenport. It is more of a yellowish light. Whereas the lighting in Felsbrunn seems to be more of a blueish and dull looking and that is the lighting used here.
I presume you're all playing on console so don't have Seasons yet? When you get Seasons it changes everything to its own bespoke and more realistic lighting. I was never a fan of the cool washed out lighting of Felsbrunn either.

Overall I still don't like the washed out colours of FS-19 though. The whole game lacks a certain punch when it come to lighting and colours.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Mobias wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:49 am
gilroy222 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:24 am
iB055 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:04 am Regrettably Lone Oak 19 is far too similar in overall feel and lighting as Marwell Manor for me to enjoy playing.
I hate to say it but I think you're right. I wish he used the lighting that was used on Ravenport. It is more of a yellowish light. Whereas the lighting in Felsbrunn seems to be more of a blueish and dull looking and that is the lighting used here.
I presume you're all playing on console so don't have Seasons yet? When you get Seasons it changes everything to its own bespoke and more realistic lighting. I was never a fan of the cool washed out lighting of Felsbrunn either.

Overall I still don't like the washed out colours of FS-19 though. The whole game lacks a certain punch when it come to lighting and colours.
I'm glad someone else noticed it as well.

Ah ok so there is still hope yet for us. I'm on console so no seasons yet.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I was so pumped for Lone Oak to come out, I liked it on 17. It just leaves me, "meh..." And that is not disrespect towards BB or Oxy. I just haven't been a fan of converted maps that I played on 17. The tree clip distance is an issue for me as well. I don't know. It just doesn't have the same feel as it did on 17.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
chh997

Post by chh997 »

( I'm on Ps4, slots used about 600/1299) This may be little bit of off topic, but I have problem eith textures in Lone Oak. It's not so bad, but still disturbing. Problem is that when ever and what ever I drive trough the road leading to the farm, my mirrors starts flashing black. And when it starts, it doesn't stop until I leave the vehicle. Does anyone know what is causing this amd ehat can I do, to stop it happening.

So sorry for my english, hope you get the point.
crash

Post by crash »

It still a great map. But it lack a bit in view distance and details on bushes etc. It looks a bit "sterile" maybe
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

chh997 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:15 pm ( I'm on Ps4, slots used about 600/1299) This may be little bit of off topic, but I have problem eith textures in Lone Oak. It's not so bad, but still disturbing. Problem is that when ever and what ever I drive trough the road leading to the farm, my mirrors starts flashing black. And when it starts, it doesn't stop until I leave the vehicle. Does anyone know what is causing this amd ehat can I do, to stop it happening.

Did you change the field of vision settings so you can see all mirrors at once? If so I think there is a limit to how many work at the same time.
chh997

Post by chh997 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:28 pm
chh997 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:15 pm ( I'm on Ps4, slots used about 600/1299) This may be little bit of off topic, but I have problem eith textures in Lone Oak. It's not so bad, but still disturbing. Problem is that when ever and what ever I drive trough the road leading to the farm, my mirrors starts flashing black. And when it starts, it doesn't stop until I leave the vehicle. Does anyone know what is causing this amd ehat can I do, to stop it happening.

Did you change the field of vision settings so you can see all mirrors at once? If so I think there is a limit to how many work at the same time.
No I didn't. It's been the same since I bought the game.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:11 pm I was so pumped for Lone Oak to come out, I liked it on 17. It just leaves me, "meh..." And that is not disrespect towards BB or Oxy. I just haven't been a fan of converted maps that I played on 17. The tree clip distance is an issue for me as well. I don't know. It just doesn't have the same feel as it did on 17.
I find that a lot, for me 17 has a better look and feel to.it I am no fan of the lighting in 19,seasons improves it but not to the point I find it as nice looking as in 17. My biggest disappointment are the sky textures they just looked washed out.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

My mirrors are acting up too. I was driving something and there were upside down, black trees in my mirror
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

I saw someone in another thread mention something about the power lines doing this when they show up in rearview mirrors I think?
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

You can somewhat get the colours looking slightly better just be adjusting your monitor or TV a bit. So much of the look of FS-19 is substantially better than 17, the use of textures and shadows is all so much better, its just a shame there's something slightly amiss with it all. The sky in Seasons is so much more improved than the base game. There's proper perspective to the clouds now. The sky was capable of looking like this right from the get go simply by mucking about with the environment xml file so why Giants didn't have far more variation in the weather even without Seasons is slightly beyond me.

Anyway back to Lone Oak. Its such a superb map. I think the problem people may have with the FS-19 conversion is that it is a bit bare in terms of the foliage detailing. I think FS-19 maps that make real use of all the extra foliage decoration possibilities tend to look better. Its a lot of work to add though so I'm guessing Oxygen David just didn't have the time go round adding it all. Its a laborious task. I've added in some extra foliage decoration round the main farm area and it immediately looks better. If you're on PC this is of course easy to do. I guess you're stuck if you're on console though.

You can see I've just added a few bushes and flowers dotted about. Make it all a bit more alive. You can see here how the Seasons sky gives it all a bit more depth. The sky box in FS-19 is capable of looking good I think.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Anyone notice that the field textures in the south of the map still run north to south even though you work the field west to east? Think it needs an update
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Patrick73 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 am Anyone notice that the field textures in the south of the map still run north to south even though you work the field west to east? Think it needs an update
It may have been like that in 17 but not sure...

And yes, an update that includes fertilizer and seed sell points would be great
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^^it was like that a first in fs17 as well
Christoph the 3rd

Post by Christoph the 3rd »

Is the manure point not working properly for the cows?
My cows are producing manure but I can’t find it. I’m assuming it should collect at the little silo / bunker thing behind the slurry pit ?
I’m on Xbox one