drilling a borehole for water

abies

drilling a borehole for water

Post by abies »

Hi guys

Has any of the developers considered to have the ability to drill for water in the game with a borehole machine and fit pipes and pumps so that we can have water for our farms?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Bobbydj1980

Re: drilling a borehole for water

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

That's a cool idea hopefully a modder will come up with something
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Want to buy and run a frac trailer...Oil & Gas Sumulator
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

I used to do that job. Tough work.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

GenXFarmer wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:54 pm Want to buy and run a frac trailer...Oil & Gas Sumulator
I would legit play this for hours.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

If the terraforming was tied to equipment like bulldozers, backhoes, scrapers etc I would say why not. On the other hand water planes do set the trigger for collecting water.

And I have heard the hose mod is coming for handling liquids, maybe a placed well with a pipe could work with hoses and someone could mod the hoses to work as a pipe.

Just some random ideas. At first I thought no way is this going to work in the game but now that I think about it, if a map was set up with one single water plane maybe.

A big issue I see is that once something goes below the map it never stops falling. Ever run off the edge of a map someone forget to put borders on?

Not saying its impossible, I am saying it might be done, just probably would not work by adding pipe sections as you go. Probably be possible with a placed well with a set and/or adjustable depth to reach the water plane.

Or maybe a custom script. IDK just some random thoughts about it. Interesting idea.