Global company problems?

PrincessJessi84

Re: Global company problems?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I second that notion throsbi.. I would also like to point out that after reading this thread I ran the mods of theirs that im using through the motions after making sure they were up to date and there was absolutely no issues at all.. my log is still clean.. they made hay, silage, seeds, etc with no issues at all.. so yea.. this is a pointless thread and should be closed
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

@throsbi: No, there are issues, people don't have issues with LS modcompany, wouldn't it be strange if they did but all the complaint is about the latest update only ?
Personally I have had issues with helpers draining money while stuttering, the console calls all fields "nil values", there are also issues when seeding and ploughing where you can work at the tractors full speed...ploughing and seeding in 40 km/h, this is an issue map makers are getting the blame for "FSI Modding" is one of them, and that is just wrong, I have been able to reproduce the issue on the Krebach map to, so something IS definetly wrong, I say use the old copies of GC until the issues are fixed.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

when you reproduce the issue do you check your log file? any errors or warnings? have you posted any of this in a bug report? I have 3 maps I can load up one that has over 50 GC factory type mods along with about 100 mods all error/warning free. NO ISSUE with anything in game all running seasons on top.

So if I put a second scripted map/mod in my folder and it breaks I can bash GC because it broke my game..............

Mind posting your log file for the maps you load that are broken and another log file on the second map you reproduce the issue with??

You see those types of things can help others and solve problems.
PrincessJessi84

I don't use the traditional helpers but I do use follow me and last night me and my farm hand were ploughing together on lone oak and I had none of those issues.. it would seem to me that the issues r from multiple mods conflicting that r trying to do the same exact thing.. and it doesn't take rocket science to figure out that u shouldn't use 2 scripts that do the same thing.. they will fight for dominance.. the more things controlled by a scripted mod the more likely these things r to happen.. this is y I don't use heavily scripted mods often for any games I play that make use of mods.. ill find one or 2 mods that I really like that r heavily scripted and build my mod folder around them.. this has served me well with every game.. my conflicts r minimum and easily sorted
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I’m going to be the third person to agree that this thread needs to be locked.

Lots of rumors, speculation and inuwendo by individuals on this thread who have probably never visited the ls modcompany site in their life
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

I understand but I do not accuse anyone just commenting that using Place Anywhere also Horse Helper skips a warning window ⚠️ that says it will be disabled since they are not compatible with global compani, so I tried both ways, the first use my map with only the GC mods and without warnings !!, then activate the Place Anywhere mods also Horse Helper and jump the warning and those two mods stopped working in my live game and finally deactivate the GC mods and the mods already I mentioned which mod works perfectly I don't know what causes this but according to it is a compatibility problem, as I said I only look for help not to insult I was always a console player now I am new to PC I only occupy a help push with this thanks
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

@farm-war let me explain mods on PC, you do not seem to know or understand that the game loads every single mod in your mod file when you load the game. Therefore every single mod/script/map etc loads. Simply de-activating as you say or not clicking the check box does not mean they are not loaded into the game when you load a map.

This is how the game has worked for as long as I can remember. This is also why map makers tell people to only have one map in the mods folder at a time. Custom and heavily scripted maps dont play nice together in the same folder.

So if you have Horse Helper and place anywhere in your mods folder and global company than you ARE loading two conflicting mods.

Simply remove horse helper and place anywhere mod from your mods folder. Load the game and problem solved.

What I do suggest is you keep only one map and the mods you will be using on that map in the mod folder. Keep all other mods in a separate folder away from the game.

This has little to do with how Global Company works but simply the fact at how the game itself works.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Spent today updating one Mod myself, for use with the new Global Company Update the LWG Placeable Bale Storage and Bale Shredder buildings. Had to go into every i3d and change the Collision Mask on the Player Trigger by unchecking all boxes but the No.20 one and then resaving them. Otherwise in game I was getting an error. The same applies to the other buildings and factory mods that use the GC Script. However some have been quickly updated like HoT Palletstorage, HoTFillables and HoTProduktion. The only problem is downloading the updates to those is going to take a player a long time because even on the LS Modcompany Website, the download links to those are on Uploaded, which means 1 download every 3 hours.

So all the other mods I've removed for now, that make seeds, fertiliser and stuff. I'll go back to using the Non-Global Company alternatives in the meantime, until all the issues with the Global Company Update have been ironed out and all mods have been updated by authors and they are available from locations other then uploaded links.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

Again what issues of GC need ironed out? Did you read why they changed the collision mask for the trigger? It was so GC was compatible with autodrive.

There is a difference between an error and a warning in the log as well.

Funny how the Global Company Seedmaker works with no changes and gives no errors or warnings, o wait I use the one from LS modcompany that was updated at the same time my bad.

I hope everyone has had time to calm down, I will share my cheese and crackers.......

For everyone else if you did not know in the future if you use any mod you find anywhere that uses a script that is not included in the mod, Any time that script is updated the mod will either give a warning, error or simply no longer work.

So if you download a stuff ton of mods that use the global company mod to function any time global company is update you will repeat this entire process.

My magic eightball says every time GC scripts are updated we are going to see a thread exactly like this.

Happy Farming
PrincessJessi84

:shock: WAIT!!! u have a magic eight ball!?!?! I want one!!!!! :lol:
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Which is then why for my important mods like seed, fertiliser, lime, liquid fertiliser, diesel, silage, tmr and pig food productions I'll stick to using the non-GC ones, because if each time GC update their mod it's going to break every single mod dependant upon it, then it's not worth having them. What if you download a mod, and find out the author has ceased support for it, and then GC updates, breaks the mod and it'll never get fixed. I also think the I'll stick with the non-GC ones because even before this update, which generated errors, I was noticing some weird inconsistencies on the production stuff with the GC Mods over the pre-existing ones.

One example is Fertiliser Production, my current Non-GC Machine will take Manure or Slurry or Digestate and make Fertiliser. If I have 2500 Manure, 5000 Slurry and 10,000 Digestate the building makes 17,500 Fertiliser. The GC Fertilisier Mod if I put the same material in 2500 Manure, 5000 Slurry and 10,000 Digestate it only makes 2500 Fertiliser. Which means it is using Manure and Slurry or Digestate to make Fertilsier. If you don't put Slurry or Digestate in you don't get any Fertiliser made at all.

I also noticed the same thing on the Diesel Production Mod, the GC Mod needs you to have Canola and Sunflower in it to produce Diesel. Where as the Non-GC Mod uses either Canola or Sunflower which ever is present to make the Diesel. And I'll admit I've spent a few minutes staring at the GC Mods XMLs to try and work out why they work differently from the Non-GC Mods and am drawing a blank, unless its buried and hidden somewhere in the actual main Global Company Lua files in the main mod.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

throsbi

Post by throsbi »

you do realize this is all setup by the author of the mod right? the mod author puts in the what and how much they want,

where was you when the filltype mover script was update and broke several things?

you also know the filltype mover script can only take whatever its set up to accept and plop out one product too right. Another thing is every single mod that uses the filltype mover script runs seperate scripts, so ten mods ten scripts running, GC runs one script set, 10 mods one script

you are trying to compare apples to bananas and complain because the orange tree isnt giving you squash.

It is very clear you personally do not like the GC mods, fine dont use them

My magic eight ball says you will continue to use them, it also says beware more to come

Happy Farming
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Perhaps there is a different way to write the Production Buildings XML for the GC Mods to get the same results as the FillType Mover Mods. So perhaps for the Diesel Building the code currently is written like this:
<registerInputProducts headerTitle="FS19_Dieselherstellung_HeaderInput">
<inputProduct name="IP_Canola" capacity="1000000" title="FS19_Dieselherstellung_Input1">
<fillTypes>
<fillType name="canola" />
</fillTypes>

<purchase useSellPointPrice="canola" purchaseMultiplier="1.0"/> <!-- Use the highest sell point price for silage with no multiplier. Seems fair :-)-->

<inputMethods>
<unloadingTrigger name="UnloadingTrigger_1" />
</inputMethods>

<digitalDisplays>
<display displayType="LEVEL" numbers="IN_Display" emptyNumberColor="1 0 0 1" numberColor="1 1 0 1" fullNumberColor="0 1 0 1"/>
</digitalDisplays>
</inputProduct>

<inputProduct name="IP_Sunflower" capacity="1000000" title="FS19_Dieselherstellung_Input2">
<fillTypes>
<fillType name="sunflower" />
</fillTypes>

<purchase useSellPointPrice="sunflower" purchaseMultiplier="1.0"/> <!-- Use the highest sell point price for silage with no multiplier. Seems fair :-)-->

<inputMethods>
</inputMethods>
And perhaps it would need to be:
<registerInputProducts headerTitle="FS19_Dieselherstellung_HeaderInput">
<inputProduct name="IP_Canola" capacity="1000000" title="FS19_Dieselherstellung_Input1">
<fillTypes>
<fillType name="canola" />
<fillType name="sunflower" />
</fillTypes>

<purchase fixedPricePerLitre="1.6" />

<inputMethods>
</inputMethods>
This would then mean the current output which is wrong in the mod:
<productLines>
<productLine autoLineStart="true" outputPerHour="5000" title="FS19_Dieselherstellung_shopItem_DieselherstellungSmall" showInGUI="true">
<inputs>
<inputProduct name="IP_Canola" percent="50" />
<inputProduct name="IP_Sunflower" percent="50" />
</inputs>
<outputs>
<outputProduct name="OP_Diesel" percent="100" />
</outputs>
Would need to be changed to something more like this:
<productLines>
<productLine autoLineStart="true" outputPerHour="5000" title="FS19_Dieselherstellung_shopItem_DieselherstellungSmall" showInGUI="true">
<inputs>
<inputProduct name="IP_Canola" percent="100" />
</inputs>
<outputs>
<outputProduct name="OP_Diesel" percent="100" />
</outputs>
I guess that's something for me to play around with and test tomorrow when I have more time.

throsbi

Post by throsbi »

I had to take a break and catch up on the news, when the road in front of the house turns into a river its good to stay up to date on the weather :)

I did not need the magic eight ball or the news to tell me it was a bad idea to drive today

That being said my magic eightball does tell me the more you learn about how the Global Company Script set works and what all it can do you will be spending more time making,editing factory type things.

Fyi the same factory you wish to turn into 10,000 of any crop in to get 10,000 fuel out can also be set up to only take certain crops and/or output fuel and say for example biomass you could take to another factory to turn into compost/pigfood or simply turn the mixture of crops into fuel & pigfood. You can output pallets or bulk or both the list goes on.

There are endless possibilities.

the filltype mover is simply x in y out, but hey its simple and some people like it that way and thats fine too.

me before learning how the global company script works :frown: :confusednew: *thumbsdown*

me after learning to edit factory mods to do my bidding :hmm: :search: :gamer: :this:

my magic eight ball says HI

Happy Farming
PrincessJessi84

oh no.. stay dry throsbi!! not even trying to be funny..... u got a boat or some way to get out if it gets too bad? some of my texas friends have had to evacuate already as the water keeps going up and during Harvey, some of my friends and their pets got BAD sick from wading through the water trying to flea.. please be safe.. same for anyone else in the flooding areas
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors