what do you think giants will do next

Derekrw02

what do you think giants will do next

Post by Derekrw02 »

Now that GIANTS has added John Deere and Claas (awesome) does anyone think they will start putting more resources into making better(fixing) the gameplay IE. seasons built in, dynamic ground, making the broken AI usable, fixing the un realistic physics, adding more maps, etc. It seems like their focus has been adding brands rather than adding and fixing features. what do you think?
vondeylenfarms

Re: what do you think giants will do next

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Interesting...all you mentioned I hope to see fixed or improved! The next gen consoles are coming out and I feel that will help drastically with things. That being said...there is still tons they can add. KENWORTH, any of the made auto brands the list goes on. But I'm still waiting to see what the next gen consoles will help..I'm buying a ps5 no matter what
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Caterpillar DLC
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

Versatile equipment
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I like how everyone is suggesting dlc but the OP wants to talk about new features.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

eric21 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 am I like how everyone is suggesting dlc but the OP wants to talk about new features.
Maybe that's because everyone thinks that GIANTS will do more DLC/brands rather than features?

Personally I hope that they concentrate on deepening the farming: include seasons, add soil management, fix the placable system so that placables conform to the ground, not the other way around, expand livestock so that they can be moved from field to field ...

But in reality I think they will carry on chasing sales ... trying to expand the mass-market appeal. It won't be all bad, there will be (more?) effort put into giving console players more freedom but how well it works ... we have to see.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Definitely need less focus on equipment and more focus on game play fixes (GPS, course play, autodrive, etc.).

However, I suspect they'll shift focus to placables as they have to keep modelers busy.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm not sure what they can do. The whole "simulator" thing is limiting them because of us console guys and our system's capabilities.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

From deep in the black and white War Room bunker, "We can't allow a console gap!"

Some of you will get it... :biggrin2:
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:24 pm I'm not sure what they can do. The whole "simulator" thing is limiting them because of us console guys and our system's capabilities.
Check out the specs on the new generation consoles...very good upgrades that I think can help us
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

unfortunately the next gen consoles wont likely benefit the game much.. not on launch and likely not for fs21.. the trend is MS will require games remain compatible with XBone.. the way I understand is Sony is the same way.. onto the subject matter.. I really hope they focus on the gameplay.. sure they don't have the exact piece of equipment that every individual wants.. but the equipment lineup is amazing as it is.. sure there r things that even I would like to see added but ill happily continue to rely on modders for those things in hopes that giants will focus entirely on the game play.. but im likely to be let down.. bringing "exciting" new brands to the game is their cash cow and in the end money seems to be the bottom line.. if this is true the changes to the game engine and features are likely to remain as they always have.. a second priority.. as of right now that's the biggest edge that the "farming game of which we do not speak" has over the fs series.. their focus is almost entirely on features and gameplay.. once they get optimization on point, farming sim is likely to take a back seat for me, living in the shadow of a more realistic farming experience
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Nope. The green tractor on the cover sold more copies than a more in-depth, realistic game ever will. There aren't enough "hard-core" players to justify Giants putting a ton of their effort into making a farming simulator. It's an equipment operating arcade game. It's fun, playable, and not too hard for casual players (often children) to grasp. Bonus for the licensed companies as they're getting free advertising and some of the best game models the industry has to offer.

The only hope for this game to get any better is through mods or a viable competitor and that is a long way from being a reality.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I think they should combine farming and construction. Being strictly a farming game with some logging, while nice, there's only so much you can do with it. There are very few good Construction Simulator games out there. I think the Farming Simulator Series has a great framework to be potentially the best at farming, logging and Forestry, as well as general Construction. That's the direction that I would like to see the franchise go in.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:54 pm Nope. The green tractor on the cover sold more copies than a more in-depth, realistic game ever will. There aren't enough "hard-core" players to justify Giants putting a ton of their effort into making a farming simulator. It's an equipment operating arcade game. It's fun, playable, and not too hard for casual players (often children) to grasp. Bonus for the licensed companies as they're getting free advertising and some of the best game models the industry has to offer.

The only hope for this game to get any better is through mods or a viable competitor and that is a long way from being a reality.
How do you know that the JD sold more copies? I mean, yes there were strong sales for FS19 but how would any one know they were driven by the cover art?

But yes, it's a tractor/combine/forestry driving game primarily extended into farming.

What I don't understand is why a competitor would make any difference - surely they would be competing for the same sales and so we would be more likely to see sales chasing? Yes, the competitor might have more and better features but if the arcade games it the best seller, why would GIANTS change? And if the arcade game isn't best seller ... then why doesn't GIANTS chase that?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I too hope that they will concentrate of levelling up the game play / realistic but fenixguy had a very good point about the fact the these improvement would not sell more copy. A new brand on the cover will do.

And it's clear that Giants will focus where the $$ is...and will continu to give player 20 cultivators, 50 bale-fork, etc...before trying to make the game "better" with features that a little number of player are asking for.

Just look how people react on social media when they announced new Tractor brand versus how people react when they announced some of the new feature...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)