What is your play style?

hun3

What is your play style?

Post by hun3 »

I have to admit I love starting on a new map setting it up but...once its running and turns profit..I lose interest.

Am I the only one? There are a few maps I did end game on but mainly I like the start up. Thank god for the the modders for providing new maps every so often.

Im curious if anyone else suffers from this "none-finisher" mentality. :)
UK virtual farmer

Re: What is your play style?

Post by UK virtual farmer »

That's me all over :lol:
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

I’m the same!
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Same, I usually put myself in max debt trading out gear for stuff I like, buying placeables and purchasing land I want. By the time I have my farm making profit and pay off loan I start to lose interest. A few keep me for the long run or have me coming back to try new farm setups
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I tend to set a goal when I download the map and set my starting equipment and build up and upgrade until I reach the point where I've got pretty large equipment and can get a lot of ground done and turn profit, once I hit the goal I had set in my mind I tend to start loosing interest and look for another map with which I can find some goal that sounds appealing, decide on my starting setup and then start over.
Eische

Post by Eische »

I had the same issue...until I changed a few things to adress my playstyle. Luckily I play on PC.
Usually I do not use any artificial fertilizer or herbicide. Additionally I don't want to grind endlessly for small field/land patches.
- reduced pricePerHectare from 60000 (Giants default) to 21000
- If animals are built into the map, I will start a game, save and put some animals and food/water, ... in there just to get some manure/slurry. To assist in there I also use the cattlebreeds/pigbreeding mods and adjusted the values a little bit.
- Play on easy economy setting
- set up some greenhouses and similar placeables

With those conditions, I start out with small equipment and do most things by my own. I don't like seeding. But I like harvesting, slurry/manure spreading. Filling up the manure spreader with a front loader is fun for me, too. I collect bales with a front loader (no autoload trailers). Cut down trees which are standing at bad positions at field edges.

So, in short, I try to do a big variation of activities throughout the day. The helper is seeding (currently 3m seeder) and I'm cutting down trees and extending /connecting some fields would be just one example. As I switched to this playstyle I actually started to really enjoy the game. I don't need to grind anymore. I can just play like I want to and still get enough money during my game hours. I want to mention, that I'm not swimming in money. I still have to make some decisions what I want to buy next.
Besides getting bigger and bigger in terms of machine size, there is still room left for improvement, especially in the beginning. I usually do not have enough manure/slurry for all fields at the start for example. I will increase number of animals first maybe.

My goal on each map is to buy all fields and harvest them once at least.

One thing I observed is the map has a big influence on how long I play it. Some maps look very nice in first few hours. But later on I realize, that there are some restrictions I don't want to play with any longer.
- to much decoration which can't be removed ingame blocking landscaping/field extension/...
- not all the land can be bought. This is especially annoying for roads as you cant connect new dirtroads to the existing main roads in a nice way then. Recent example is NewWoodsire. Very nice map. But the roads are excluded from buying. And my knowledge in mapping is not high enough to adress this. I canceled the map and switched to TheOldFarmCountrySide.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I really enjoy choosing a plot of land and then building the farm for a specific purpose. Usually it's simply harvesting wheat or something. Then I buy more land and expand the farm. I use the workers while I'm off doing something else most of the time.
MarkDeere205

Post by MarkDeere205 »

I have the same problem. To change it up I forced myself to learn logging which I had always hated. Started out for 30 minutes or so then worked my up. Now i love logging. It’s a nice break from the usual thing. When I get frustrated or tired of logging I’m generally ready to farm again. New Woodshire was perfect for this as it has a great mix of forests and fields.

P.S. Be patient with yourself if you’re new to logging. It’ll make you wanna rip your hair out sometimes. Luckily I’m already bald.
I play on Xbox 1 in Michigan
hun3

Post by hun3 »

This might sound weird but I usually make up a story for the map I play on...I guess you can call it roll play...makes the game that much more fun. Also use machines that is originated from the area. I dont use workers instead I use the contractor mod set to 2 player so its like me and my hot gf took over a farm and now we are this organic farmers who just moved to town etc :)

This is why I have such of great appreciation for modders and their efforts to enrich the game.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

hun3 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:32 pm I have to admit I love starting on a new map setting it up but...once its running and turns profit..I lose interest.

Am I the only one? There are a few maps I did end game on but mainly I like the start up. Thank god for the the modders for providing new maps every so often.

Im curious if anyone else suffers from this "none-finisher" mentality. :)
Yeah I've gotten in that same routine. I love settinng everything and manipulate the map to build a farm I like. I've noticed I have some patterns though so need to change it up soon
Last edited by dapals51 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

as indicated by my other posts on here, i also tend to roleplay a LOT.. its lonely for a solo farmer but it keeps me interested.. just going through the motions bores me super fast.. i love small old starting equipment.. i like working to modernize my farm and make it profitable.. i guess u could call what i do "end game" but.. probs not in the same way others might.. seasons on small maps on hard difficulty helps stretch out the early struggling farm stage which is my fav portion.. i also role play LOTS of other things.. like i will only do contracts for farmers i "know" and have met.. and i will pick houses for them and i only accept contracts by going to their houses.. but yea all the role playing helps.. otherwise i just play until ive upgraded and its like "oh.. that's it.. time to move on" but with role playing i can find a reason.. i can lose fields.. have to default on a loan.. have equipment stolen.. im lucky i have my step son.. he always had a laugh when i played construction simulator so now he will randomly walk into the room every now and again and say "you should buy a new vehicle" like the guy on construction sim 2015 and that's a sign that we need to draw a random event card that we have created.. at this point he uses D&D dice to roll for probability depending on the event.. if its a field we just pick a number from our bucket and then he rolls for price.. this is how we "haggle" over price.. he doesn't play with me.. but he plays D&D and i blackmail him into using his stuff to help me roleplay by talking his mother into buying him new D&D stuffs :lol: .. srry for rattling on like this.. i guess my point is.. this game has no real reason.. there is no end game.. so i create mine.. i create my story and try to evolve it in ways i cant control and that keeps me from having the "non-finisher" mentality
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

I think that most people that play have lost their sense of imagination. Think of going into a map as if you have been given it as a new job. I know you don't really want to think of it that way. But just thinking along that line will make your stay a little longer at least.
Like, take into count my game atm.
I got offered a managing rule for R.D.C FS19. I drove over there and met up with the former manager Kelley who showed me around. She was leaving cause her father's farm needed some help and she couldn't look after both at the same time.
The equipment which is all owned by the farm so I'm able to use/sell them. Six farmhands are available and they are able to do most of the fieldwork needed.
Said that she may pop in on me from time to time to catch up with the staff and myself.
Within the first few months, I replaced most of the fleet and got some more modern equipment in. Demolished some of the sheds to make more room to move around in. Sold the pigsty and the horse stables. Got an extra cowshed over where the horse stables where. Put up a new fence along the front of the new cowshed.
Harvesting Alfalfa and turning the swath into silage, cotton, wheat, teff, rye, Soybean, and making milk from the 500 cows and 200 sheep. Got 80 cattle coming in soon to the new cowshed. Which reminds me that I have to go and check the fenceline and fix any holes.
Keeping meself busy by checking that all the food stocks are available and restock when needed. No real down time here cause there is alway something that needs to be done.
PS4
PS5
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

So glad I read this thread! I too love the start of a map, I like to get is completely self sufficient via GC mods. Once the farm can make it's own seed, fert etc and once I am making a profit I very quickly lose interest. It''s a shame really as some of these great maps deserve so much more of our time... Might ask my shrink to see if she can help me with my short attention span to maps!
hun3

Post by hun3 »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:25 am So glad I read this thread! I too love the start of a map, I like to get is completely self sufficient via GC mods. Once the farm can make it's own seed, fert etc and once I am making a profit I very quickly lose interest. It''s a shame really as some of these great maps deserve so much more of our time... Might ask my shrink to see if she can help me with my short attention span to maps!
I agree with you I think we got spoiled by the amount of maps...imagine if we just had the 2 base maps how much love people would give them...or I guess not play at all.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I first played 17 on pc, fell in love with GCV, then found GCV xxl production so moved to that, got interested in forestry so looked for a map with lots of trees but also farmland found a map called kleinhauss, set in Germany It was made as a tribute to modders family farm. The map was stunningly beautiful and huge, in two years real life I never got bored of it. I guess I keep looking for the same in 19 but I will never find it
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420