Lone Oak and Animal Pen Extension Mod

FarmerLee73

Lone Oak and Animal Pen Extension Mod

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Didn't really want to create a thread for such a trivial matter but can't seem to find my answer. Has anyone tried the latest animal pen extension mod with Lone Oak? It's my understanding that the new version of this mod should work with ANY animal pen, if this is the case then I must be doing something wrong as it's not working for me!
norfolk farmer

Re: Lone Oak and Animal Pen Extension Mod

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have not yet been able too get it to work either.
Eische

Post by Eische »

If I read the description/changelog correctly you are now able to position the elements of the mod (waterpipe/milkterminal) manually. I guess you need to do that in the config xml created after installation and first save of the game.

The information could also be saved in the items.xml of your savegame. Guess there will be an additional entry in the animal pens item entry.

Never tested it by myself though.
Last edited by Eische on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

According to FK’s video you do it in game but for the life of me I can’t get it to work so I can only assume it’s the map.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

I was able to do that ingame on every other map, but it doesnt work on Lone Oak it seems. The only pen i was able to do was the Horse pasture on Lone Oak. Cow shed, Pig and Sheep doesnt work for me.
Dave-The Shires

Post by Dave-The Shires »

I cant get it to work either, the pipes are nowhere to be found .
I did use a placable cow pasture on a field and the water pipes are there on that one and work properly to fill with water.

the water pump that comes with seasons doesn't seem to work with the cows either for me.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Is it possible that it only works on animal pens built into a map as placeables. I mean that way you can sell the animal pens. If this is the case FarmerKleins video explanation is fine and will work.
But in case of LoneOak, the animal pens can't be sold. The pipes might appear then at the maps origin and not at the animal pens placeable origin because there is none?
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

i think Oxy will fix that in the future. Because the Horse pasture has that function on LoneOak, and works with other placable farms. Probably just a quick fix for cow, pig, and sheep shed and we are good.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Yes lets hope he fix's it, really like that mod!
aklein

Post by aklein »

When I was doing the prep for my map video I saw the spout and valve at the horse area but I did not see it at the sheep, pig or cow area. Now I also didnt look around long but there are two issues related to the design of the current release of animal pen extension that can cause issues.

First it places the valve and spout in the middle of the animal area. What if the middle has a building at that location? The valve and spout might be inside the building. So that might be part of the issue. GtX told me in a future update it will place the valve and spout at the water trigger so that is more likely to not be hidden.

Second and I do not fully understand this but there are some assumptions around the animal placeable height. I'm not a modder so I do not know the right terms to use here but I know there was an issue with another OxygenDavid map and the current animal pen extension where based on how the pen was setup and the assumptions the pen extension mod makes the valve and spout where spawning below ground level and thus the player could not get to it. This might be the case for the cow, sheep and pig area also. I think the above change in a future update will also correct this.

That's all I know. Of course you can always place them with GE. If you go slow and take care you can do it.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Cheers FK, guess will have to wait for the update of that mod, have tried following your video on doing it via GE but it never ends well lol
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I have been playing on this map all day and live streaming it, and just finished and came to these forums to see if someone had made any comment about the map and it's compatibility with the latest version of Animal Extension. It's good to know I wasn't going mad or imagining things about not being able to find the pipe or valve on this map around any of the animal pens.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FastMonkeyKY

Post by FastMonkeyKY »

I sure hope it gets updated to allow the install of the pipe. I was so disappointed by that little part of that mod not working. It’s hard to keep up with water for 500 cows. Straw and TMR are hard enough when you mix with bales. Hope it gets updated!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Till hopefully it gets updated I have a standpipe near the cows water trough so I can refill the tanker as it empties.
FastMonkeyKY

Post by FastMonkeyKY »

Good news, the animal pen extension mod is working with Lone Oak. Have fun farming.