Controller Bindings

Flemingfarms

Controller Bindings

Post by Flemingfarms »

Does ANYONE have controller bindings/actions sheets for the PC? There are some actions that I do not understand what are used for. Also, are there controller recommendations specifically for FS 19?
Bacon, Gunpowder, Coffee. and Morning dew
PrincessJessi84

Re: Controller Bindings

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

welcome to the nightmare that is keybindings for farming simulator.. at least u can change bindings on the fly now.. in fs17 it could only be done from the main menu.. I couldn't personally find anything so I just wing it.. I still have controls that im not exactly sure what they do that r not bound to any keys (other than default keyboard controls).. as I find things that aren't mapped that I need, I just add a new button combination and go on about it lol.. but if u do find any viable info on this could u please post it here so others can make use of it as well?
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Providing a sheet that lists all the controller bindings for the Windows macOS version of the game won't be possible, since the default bindings used by the game for a controller depend on the type of controller that is used (gamepad, wheel, joystick). If the game is able to recognise a controller correctly it should automatically create 'halfway sensible' bindings for it.

If the game isn't able to recognise the type of controller then it will attempt to use some basic bindings which don't necessarily match your controller.

Therefore before starting to modify the controller bindings you should first verify if the game is able to recognise the type of your controller correctly by checking the log.txt file of the game. If you see entries similar to the following there then the controller is known to the game and it has chosen bindings that should be suitable for the type of controller:

Code: Select all

Devices:
    G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel (VID: C24F PID: 046D VER: FFFF Cat: WHEEL)
    T.16000M (VID: B10A PID: 044F VER: FFFF Cat: JOYSTICK)
If instead of 'WHEEL' or 'JOYSTICK' or 'GAMEPAD' you see 'UNKNOWN' printed behind 'Cat:' it means the game wasn't able to recognise the type of controller correctly and has therefore chosen a basic set of bindings that most likely wont't match the layout of the controller.
In that case it is best to report it as a bug in the following section so that GIANTS can add the necessary information to the game to recognise the type of the controller correctly: viewforum.php?f=998

If multiple controllers are used then the game unfortunately seems to use the default bindings for each type of controller, which then results in a lot of duplicate assignments of functions on all controllers.

Therefore you will have to experiment for yourself to find out what some of the actions mean and to find a set of bindings that is suitable for your specific controller setup.

Regarding controller recommendations: you might want to have a look at the Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle. Since it was specifically designed for FarmingSimulator the game already includes a specific set of bindings for it. However there are quite al lot of reports about issues with these controllers, especially the wheel, since the production quality doesn't seem to be very good.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
W1der

Post by W1der »

There is a lot of things that could be said about this topic ... I just don´t have the time to cover it all in a reasonable time span ...

Good luck to you!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

When you get them mapped as you want save a copy of the bindings so If you have to update or download the game again you can just put it back easily instead of having to remember what you had.