We need a giant multiplayer map.

SwoopGB

We need a giant multiplayer map.

Post by SwoopGB »

All the maps are too small. All the mod maps are either tiny, have about 3 fields or have 1 pre-built area for a farm and nowhere else that's suitable.

The only map that comes close to being usable is the default Fels-wossname German map. You can just about fit 4 farms on it but you're limited on expansion space. We want more! We want a HUGE map with space for 4 HUGE farms. Multiple nice little places someone could build a farm yard, not just one with pre-built buildings. We want a fair and balanced environment for competitive multiplayer.

Map modders....I challenge you to provide the gaming environment many of us crave.
Rasping rabbit

Re: We need a giant multiplayer map.

Post by Rasping rabbit »

May help if you said what platform. If it’s console then the physical size of the map is limited.

Pacific Northwest has a good number of big fields, a prebuilt farm and 2 big placeable areas big enough to build decent size farms though.

Can’t help you with pc maps though.
coolfarmer

Post by coolfarmer »

The more the map is bigger, the more you will suffer lags and FPS drop.
"The Great Stump" is very nice and big, but here and there you have some FPS drop even with my very good PC. The more fields you have the more you will have those lags and FPS drop.

If you add to this the machinery and placeable in every farms, OH GOD, your game will be a 1FPS :lol:
Eische

Post by Eische »

What about the map on Modhub called Brook:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=124280

It has 4 times the area of a standard size map and leaves plenty of room for additional farms as the land is quite flat.
The main farm is somewhat prebuilt as there is a large cow pasture and a few other buildings in place. But it still leaves enough room for expansion.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

Thx, I'll have a look at Brook. Although, here's another bugbear of mine: FFS map makers, put a mini map screenshot in your map description! Most do, some don't and they don't get downloaded cos it's usually a waste of time trying it out.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Yea, there are plenty of huge maps (4x) out there, but you need to be on PC. Googling "FS19 4x maps" will be a starting point.

A few maps worth mentioning: Kandelin, Berry Village, Saxonia, Eiersholt and more. If you prefer American maps, have a look at Yesmods (https://www.yesmods.com/fs19-mods/maps/ ... alia-maps/). Many of these are also 4x.

But again, you need to be on PC to get what you want.

As for maps without an overview screenshot, I agree 100%. Those won't get a download from me.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

So map makers put hundreds of hours making these maps for you to use for free and you can't be bothered to open a map if it hasn't got a snap shot of the mini map in the description?
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

I would recommend the "Multimap 2019". It`s also a 4x Map with a lot of production buildings on it. All of them are working now after tthe Global Company script came out.
If you like more than just farming, you have enough to do, also for multiplayer.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:48 am So map makers put hundreds of hours making these maps for you to use for free and you can't be bothered to open a map if it hasn't got a snap shot of the mini map in the description?
I agree that does seem to be a bit harsh, but the if the minimap shows me a lot of square fields then I pass on by.
Last edited by blue_painted on Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:48 am So map makers put hundreds of hours making these maps for you to use for free and you can't be bothered to open a map if it hasn't got a snap shot of the mini map in the description?
So map makers put hundreds of hours making these maps, and they can't be bothered to add a snap shot of the mini map in the description? Yes, I will choose an other map that someone else put hundreds of hours making, in addition to the ten seconds of opening the mini map and pressing F12.

There are plenty of fantastic maps made by excellent modders for no other part than making all of us happy. I am very grateful for that. But I don't see how me using mini maps to decide which map suits my needs is harsh...
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

SwoopGB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:59 am All the maps are too small. All the mod maps are either tiny, have about 3 fields or have 1 pre-built area for a farm and nowhere else that's suitable.

The only map that comes close to being usable is the default Fels-wossname German map. You can just about fit 4 farms on it but you're limited on expansion space. We want more! We want a HUGE map with space for 4 HUGE farms. Multiple nice little places someone could build a farm yard, not just one with pre-built buildings. We want a fair and balanced environment for competitive multiplayer.

Map modders....I challenge you to provide the gaming environment many of us crave.
*thumbsdown*

Make one yourself.

Very disrespectful to modders who put their OWN free time into bringing us mods....for free.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

Yes. Simply cos there's SOOOOO many.
Last edited by SwoopGB on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:19 pm *thumbsdown*

Make one yourself.

Very disrespectful to modders who put their OWN free time into bringing us mods....for free.
No it isn't. Saying something like all mod maps are rubbish would be. Saying all mod maps are either too small, have too few fields or have only one pre-built area for a farm yard and are therefore unsuitable for a long term 4 player multiplayer game is not disrespectful. It's identifying gap in the market for some bright spark to fill with a fantastically well designed map that 90% of the FS19 player base who want to game with friends will use for years to come and that bright spark will be hailed as a farm sim God for all time.

btw, guess what you're branded as in my mind.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Swoop, how did you come to the conclusion there is a gap in the market? What analysis did you perform of find? I’d be very interested in some factual research results. Thanks.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

SwoopGB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:32 pm some bright spark to fill with a fantastically well designed map that 90% of the FS19 player base who want to game with friends will use for years to come and that bright spark will be hailed as a farm sim God for all time.
I guess you better get to work then. :gamer: Good luck!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!