Xbox One - What's the current state of the game?

Magnarex

Xbox One - What's the current state of the game?

Post by Magnarex »

I gave the game a pass when it launched. Just checking up as they get ready to release the platinum edition. Did they fix all of the bugs and performance issues that launched with the Xbox One edition?

Thanks in advance!
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
Patrick73

Re: Xbox One - What's the current state of the game?

Post by Patrick73 »

I’m on PS4 and there has been lots of patches and fixes since day one...imo it plays great an I’m not having any problems
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I'm on xbox and never have had any issues. Plus, tons of mods since day 1 and a lot more American mods.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
dastardly_doug

Post by dastardly_doug »

I’m on PS4 and for what consoles are capable of doing and for what Sony would even let giants do I think they did a pretty good job with it all things considered. The only game I’ve played more is diablo.

Once seasons finally comes out for console it will be an amazing game to be able to play on console.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

I’ve switched it on once in the last 3 weeks just to take a look at “This is Ireland”, harvest, seed, weed and fertilise everyday on the same field starts to get boring after a while though, realistically you only really need 2 fields, one for crops and one grass, even with the growth at slow it’s still way too fast, so I’m still on 17 but as others have said once we get seasons it will be amazing once you get past all the tractors sounding like scaleletric cars
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^^ with you on the sounds! I tend to use the tractors I like the sound of and some of the mod ones are a lot better. Missing seasons but I’ve been doing other crops just to mix things up a little.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I'm on Xbox and have zero issues also alot of good mods and hopefully seasons soon
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

On Xbox one, had it since release, if you can tell me what game come out without bugs anymore? Haha. Anyways I havent had any problems with the base game. Mods will have something from time to time but nothing shattering. Mods are excellent! Game has definitely grown and improved series to series
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Agreed, with seasons coming it is even more exciting. Pacific Northwest is where my seasons farm is. I am on the One X and I don't experience any issues but rendering when zoomed way out.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
dastardly_doug

Post by dastardly_doug »

adammac5858 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:25 pm Agreed, with seasons coming it is even more exciting. Pacific Northwest is where my seasons farm is. I am on the One X and I don't experience any issues but rendering when zoomed way out.
Yeah the draw distance is really short on console. There’s this really atrocious harsh circle around the tractor your in where you can see things go from blurry to crisp. It looks pretty bad but I’m sure this is due to console limitations and it’s only super noticeable zoomed way out.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

dastardly_doug wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:46 am
adammac5858 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:25 pm Agreed, with seasons coming it is even more exciting. Pacific Northwest is where my seasons farm is. I am on the One X and I don't experience any issues but rendering when zoomed way out.
Yeah the draw distance is really short on console. There’s this really atrocious harsh circle around the tractor your in where you can see things go from blurry to crisp. It looks pretty bad but I’m sure this is due to console limitations and it’s only super noticeable zoomed way out.
We never had that on 17 and we could run 2160 4k with little problems verses 1440 3k with their built in HDR which cuses the ring (Which i hate btw) and can cause alot of texture and pop in.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I'd suggest you check the rating on the xbox store, and read the reviews there. Questions here will mostly get answered by die-hard fans that will defend the title to the ends of the earth.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

The game is in a decent spot right now, way better then at launch. But if you want the full experience and you liked seasons in 17 stay with 17 and wait for seasons to release for 19. Hopefully if wont be that much longer...
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

dastardly_doug wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:46 am
That circle is also on the PC version of the game, likely an engine mechanic. As we can change the distance it is on PC, but it's definitely a performance hitter when you do that. On my game, I doubled it and lost I believe around an average of 20-30 fps.
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:13 pm I'd suggest you check the rating on the xbox store, and read the reviews there. Questions here will mostly get answered by die-hard fans that will defend the title to the ends of the earth.
Both would be good sources actually. As the forums are also filled with people who can critique it in an honest way and I've seen some not so friendly posts in the bit that I've been active on here. While, I can't say for Xbox itself, for PC, it certainly had its issues upon release, but most of the things I've noticed, they've fixed already in updates, for the PC side anyways, though I'm sure it's the same on Xbox.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD