Request to vehicle and tractor modders

Phantoms

Request to vehicle and tractor modders

Post by Phantoms »

A big thank you for all your work but please remember everyone is not from your country or playing a map of your area. Please make license plates and speed numbers able to be turned off.

Having European plates and speed stickers on a Tractor farming a US map really stands out and ruins the immersion. I know you are proud of your heritage and I respect that, but please at least consider your mod may be used elsewhere and you would be making other people's farming better by them being able to make the vehicle look like it's suppose to be in that geographic area.
Playing on PC
eric21

Re: Request to vehicle and tractor modders

Post by eric21 »

Wtf? Let modders decide on what they want to do
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I dare say learning how to change these small things would be a good way to get in to modding yourself.
Modders aren't necessarily creating mods with others in mind but are good enough to share their work with us.
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

^^Very true @Ritchie. Agree 100%, modding isn't exactly a service that modders provide to us free of charge. They create them in their own time for their own use. Modders decide if they want to share them with us.. I'm just glad as a console player I have modded vehicles on which to veiw Euro plates..
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:15 pm I dare say learning how to change these small things would be a good way to get in to modding yourself.
Modders aren't necessarily creating mods with others in mind but are good enough to share their work with us.
Absolutely agree. I think modders get plenty of criticism and and constant badgering about mods, but nowhere near the respect and appreciation that they deserve. They create mods for the sheer love of it and share them with us (especially with us console players), for no money. I think if people what a certain mod it should be the motivation to get creating
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

I have already learned how to remove those items in my on game. Most speed labels are simply a matter of replacing a texture with a invisible texture. Most license plates (though not all) require altering the model itself.

I was not insisting or demanding anything of modders. I was simply requesting that they consider something.
Playing on PC
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

License plates can be covered with a simple plane in GE with a texture (albedo map) assigned to it.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:15 pm I dare say learning how to change these small things would be a good way to get in to modding yourself.
Let me play Devil's advocate for a moment:
Modder release vehicle mod, user does not like a specific detail, takes time to edit that detail, the re-releases mod as different version. Original modder is now mad because someone released their mod as a different version...and the cycle perpetuates itself.

It does seem like modders taking the time to make certain items like number plates optional would go a long way to protecting their original work and taking away the incentive to release dozens of versions of mods.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I never suggested that once edited the mod should be released for all to use. I was suggesting making small modifications for personal preference and use only.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

eric21 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:08 pm Wtf? Let modders decide on what they want to do
:this:
the big print giveth the small print taketh
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

im with eric and Breaded on this one for sure.. don't like it, don't use it.. move along.. and ftr.. it is EXACLY this sort of thing that caused me to go from "im getting a pc so I can mod and share my work with other people" to "i made a mod on my pc that I love which will NEVER be published on any mod sites"
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:00 am The only reason modders get upset with edited versions is when the new version is claimed as solely the work of the new editor without crediting the others who did the previous work
That is not the only reason. Some don't want other's molesting their mods, some don't want their mods being shared on hack mod sites, etc.
Playing on PC