Question to Giants about map Starowies

Frick

Question to Giants about map Starowies

Post by Frick »

I, and probably everyone else, cannot find water in the map Starowies. For me it is a wonderful map, but since I can not find water, and there is no mod that works,my question is simple: how come it is among the mods that Giant have tested and approved?
I sincerely hope I am wrong, and there is a way to provide water, because if not, how can I trust Giants?
The test seems flaved.
crash

Re: Question to Giants about map Starowies

Post by crash »

There are water tanks in the shop, and a fountain in the modhub. The first green tank in misc in buildings that cost 5k gives you free water..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

All water mods work on Starowies. You can put e.g. a pond on the pond next to the pigs:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Frick

Post by Frick »

crash wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:02 am There are water tanks in the shop, and a fountain in the modhub. The first green tank in misc in buildings that cost 5k gives you free water..
Thank you
Frick

Post by Frick »

ltl.vamp wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:46 am All water mods work on Starowies. You can put e.g. a pond on the pond next to the pigs:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Thank you
But not all work.
The one I had installed "Animal Pen Extension" I can not get to work for the cows
And my question to Giants remain
Suppose I want to play without mods
What criterias are tested on maps?
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

If you want to play without mods, you won't play Starowies. And even if you did want to play Starowies, but no other mods, water is only necessary if you want to play with animals. If you plan to run an arable farm, water is not needed.

When you have decided that you want to play with Starowies and no other mods, and you want to do husbandry, you place the built in water tank from the miscellaneous placeables wherever suits your farm and playstyle.

https://guides.gamepressure.com/farming ... p?ID=47972
Last edited by OlavEmil on Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Frick,
I think the animal pen extensions has had problems on other maps as well that is played with seasons. There are other good water mods that work well. C&S modding has couple on the modhub.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

@ Frick

I examined the map and I have a suggestion for you.

As you know, with the Animal Pen Extension your local plumber will make the installations. That is ONLY for the default pens. If a map has the pens as placeables I call them as " Plumber ready " :) , because you wont need to pay the plumper, you will just have to grab the pipes and put them in the place you want.

After I read your post, I made a research for Starowies, I noticed that you can sell the map's pens and you can buy them from the shop again , but you cannot do it with the cows pen. So, the solution would be to make the map's cow pen as " plumber ready".

Here is what to do:

1. With a program like 7-zip extract the FS19_Starowies

2. Go to FS19_Starowies\maps\placeables\animals\cow

3. Open the krowy.xml with a program like Notepad ++

4. Delete lines 12-13

<canBeSold>true</canBeSold>
<showInStore>false</showInStore>

5. Save it.

6. Zip again the FS19_Starowies and place it back to your mods.

7. Go to the game and if you visit the animals pens shop you will notice that now the cow pen is added into the shop but is only the blue pipes ( you'll buy the plumper pack ).

8. Place the pipes in any place you want.

I hope this will help you resolve the problem. By the way, I haven't make the research for water for the map's chicken coop but if you will want to water your chickens, maybe a good idea is to buy the default coop.

Let me know if you will need any further help.

Happy Farming !
Frick

Post by Frick »

EURO_FARMER

Now that is what I call an answer. Thanks a million times, you are soooo good.
And, yes, you are right about the chickens too!

Happy Farming!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Euro-Farmer indeed that is an excellent answer and I'm wondering if that would also work with the Animal Pens on the Lone Oak Map, because Animal Pen Extension is currently not putting the pipes in game for those pens and letting you move and position the pipes where needed. The only difference here is the Pens do not appear in the Garage or Shop menus so can't be purchased or sold. So I'm wondering if they are completely different and not compatible at all with Animal Pen Extension.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Frick wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:24 pm
You are very welcome :)
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:29 pm
From a first look, it seems that the pens on the Lone Oak are different, but I'll find the solution about the pipes. I'll need to make the tests and find out the best solution, which of course has to be log free. I'll send you the answer in a Private Message. Just give me few hours, because is morning here and I plan to make the tests in the afternoon.