Farming Simulator on Epic game store?

texasplowboy

Farming Simulator on Epic game store?

Post by texasplowboy »

I got news from an anonymous source that the next farming simulator game (FS21) will be exclusive on Epic game store. No more FS on steam. At first I thought no way this could happen, but Focus is putting many of their games on the Epic store exclusively.
PrincessJessi84

Re: Farming Simulator on Epic game store?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

from what ive gathered listening to youtubers and the like is that steam charges more to host games on their platform.. the result is that a lot of publishers r releasing their games as EPIC exclusive.. that isn't likely to change unless steam gets their act together.. idk about the fs series but more and more games seem to be going to EPIC.. steam will get their act together or we will see less and less new titles on there.. its sad because I like getting most of my games in one spot but.. its business.. and ill adapt as will everyone else who wants to play new titles
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I haven't bought and won't buy game son Epic Store, because I hate that they make the games exclusive for 1 year before they can then also be released on other Platforms like Steam. I also won't buy a game on Epic, because I just flat out refuse now to install yet another bloody launcher type program on my PC that's collect and sending my data back to people. I have Steam, Origin, UPlay, Battlenet, Bethesda enough is enough. If FS21 went to Epic, then I wouldn't be buying it on that platform.

I would either buy it directly from Giants or I'd buy the disk version instead.

I too have heard that Epic offers Game Developer and Publishers a cheaper option to host their games. However on the flip side you might argue Steam charge them more, but Steam is also promoting games to a much wider and potential buyers market at this point in time. Definitely more people playing and using Steam at this point then Epic, so do Giants want to risk alienating a huge market of gamers from their product by going Epic Exclusive?

I think I'd sooner see Farming Simulator move to say GOG, then Epic, if Giants were looking to save a few ££££ and make a few more $$$$ by moving from Steam. GOG would be my preferred online store platform after Steam.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

EPIC is also still wet behind the ears.. give it a few years.. at the rate they r heading, steam may still host more games in total, but EPIC will host more new titles giving them a clear edge as the most money would come from newer titles
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

I have not bought any games from epic, but I have gotten some free games from them. From what I can see epic does not offer any comunity support. I have offten needed to have some question answered about FS and always gotten good help.