John deere 7R

BreadedVirus

Re: John deere 7R

Post by BreadedVirus »

Rbk_3 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:36 am
BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:18 am
bluecoller81 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:14 am

I think north Americans are getting to be a huge customer base now.
Id like to see the percentage of sales and downloads. By region. I am very curious.
Still absolutely no need whatsoever for the abuse and disrespectful comments to the modder and his mod....
It's more disrespectful by Giants not to include a great mod. Me thinking a mod is a joke is a hell of a lot less discouraging to a modder than a great mod being denied for silly reasons.
There are a ton of mods out there that people did not put a lot of time and effort into, BUT they still achieved something.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

bluecoller81 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:30 am I'm not complaining bout the one released, I'm complaining bout the reason customs isn't being released. I hope something is figured out and it's allowed. Or his options are allowed.
*thumbsup*

Pretty sure things will get sorted out. People just need to calm down...

Having a mod refused on the modhub gets people fired up, yet we have people who are out there wondering where their next meal will come from, where they can get shelter for the night to name a few....

Must be a first world problem for a mod not to make it to the modhub.
Last edited by BreadedVirus on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:42 am
Rbk_3 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:36 am
BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:18 am

Still absolutely no need whatsoever for the abuse and disrespectful comments to the modder and his mod....
It's more disrespectful by Giants not to include a great mod. Me thinking a mod is a joke is a hell of a lot less discouraging to a modder than a great mod being denied for silly reasons.
There are a ton of mods out there that people did not put a lot of time and effort into, BUT they still achieved something.
Well just because they did it first doesn't mean that another modder who put much more time and effort into the mod, that way more people want, should have theirs denied.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Not once did I say I hated the one that got released...yea I hate the slot count and the detail isant anything better than other mods. My anger is straight at giants and their dumb rule.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 am Not once did I say I hated the one that got released...yea I hate the slot count and the detail isant anything better than other mods. My anger is straight at giants and their dumb rule.
Never said you did....
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Also, that rule is most likely in place so no mods can be copied and submitted by another author who did no work on it, and I'm definitely NOT trying to say that custom modding is copying the other mod, but in my opinion that rule isn't so dumb when someone is trying to copy another mod. Any mod released on other mod sites could easily be copied and claimed as one's own work.
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

I'll catch flak for this but idc. And everyone will say I'm wrong. The best thing custom can do is never announce what he is designing again on Facebook or whatever because I kept track of it and the amount of time it took for the mods to come out after he announced the were WIP the steiger quadtrac 8rt amd 7r ironically all came out by 2 other people after he said he was making them. I'm not saying the 7r really pertains to his but the other 3 were all somewhat north Americanized versions and part of me believes they were put out quickly in order for him not to be able to release his. Now go ahead and kill me with whatever you got to say but I just find it hard to believe that not long after he announced it somebody else puts out a decently done model of the 3 he announced. Yeah I know dont insult or hate on people's work etc etc. But in the world there are winners and there are losers and CMs work looks better than the one's currently released.
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

And if you look at the mods in question right now, they are clearly not copies of either one
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

FarmerJDC I have to agree about your previous post because when Custom announces a mod it seems like everyone knows about it and is excited for it, (no offense to any modders out there) but then alot of people are disappointed when they find out it won't get released, and then threads get filled with arguements about how people think giants is responsible for it.
Hogger

Post by Hogger »

Giants is absolutely responsible for it!
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

It doesn't help that alot of modders aren't showing what they are working on and with almost 200 mods just sitting in the testing queue...who knows what is in there...

I know you didn't accuse me Breadedvirus I was just saying that I didn't hate on the modder
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

I mean it's like the youtubers and oxygendavids work they all praise it and yeah I myself love his work too and you don't have to have a degree to realize whats popular because of the rating system on the hub. But somebody else can release a British map based on the same specific area of the country and it will still pass if it has no bugs etc. I dont get it. Maybe its less of a workload for the testers in order to not test something with the same title. No repetition. I mean what if somebody released a totally different map but named it shamrock valley or shamrock valleyyy before oxygendavids got released?
Last edited by FarmerJDC on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:21 am It doesn't help that alot of modders aren't showing what they are working on and with almost 200 mods just sitting in the testing queue...who knows what is in there...

I know you didn't accuse me Breadedvirus I was just saying that I didn't hate on the modder
Don't have to explain to me. We both know you never said anything like that. *thumbsup* :smileynew:
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Well if what CM did to the 7r isnt significant then idk what is.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:38 am
Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:35 am Breaded you are correct. I think a lot of people are disappointed in giants decision, but it just a game. Since it is just a game why can't there be multiple mods? Why does giants have that as a rule? I guess all we can do is say it is what it is and move on.
A lot of people are disappointed in giants decision, yet are giving the modder and his mod HELL simply because it's not to their liking.

This behavior is not just aimed and that one modder and his mod, but is aimed at EVERY modder who puts their work out there for everyone.
I was actually agreeing you with. I wasn't being sarcastic.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.