John deere 7R

eric21

Re: John deere 7R

Post by eric21 »

Link?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Well no, hours before your post calling for damnation of giants, the mod was in the testing list again.

One thing i will say though, its easy to make your dislike known without some of the posts i have read in this thread, a lot of users have let themselves down.

Just as i have done with this, i relay a lot of feedback from the forum back to Chris or whoever at giants. It won't always lead to a resolution that is to everyones liking.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Glad to see common sense has prevailed on the part of Giants. It did seem a bit silly of Giants to turn round now and say that an author couldn't release a mod because one already exists. Yet they never did that any time before with the 3m Cultivators, 2m Ploughs, Front Weights, Bale Forks etc which exist by the hundreds on there. Sure some people might claim they have different brands and paintjobs but to me or anyone else a 3m Cultivator is a 3m Cultivator I see no difference between them.

Even a blind man could see CM's 7R was vastly different to the one Giants put in the game and also the one edited and uploaded by Lukas, that it justified being released on it's own merit. Hopefully this also now allows them to submit their 8RT and other mods as well and they'll get published for the console players.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Not just CM but ALL modders
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Guil wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:10 pm Well no, hours before your post calling for damnation of giants, the mod was in the testing list again.

One thing i will say though, its easy to make your dislike known without some of the posts i have read in this thread, a lot of users have let themselves down.

Just as i have done with this, i relay a lot of feedback from the forum back to Chris or whoever at giants. It won't always lead to a resolution that is to everyones liking.
I understand what you are saying...HOWEVER, i never once went to (damnation) of Giants that you speak of, sry if users did. I will say yes I voiced my frustration with the rule, partially what a forum is for. This what you might call a bad thread though gives me more faith that giants is listening more to the users now..if that helps?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Guil

Post by Guil »

How else would you describe asking millions of emails been sent to giants to vent over a mod?
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Guil wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:03 pm How else would you describe asking millions of emails been sent to giants to vent over a mod?
Lol that was my suggestion only to stop it on here. I wasn't waving my flag trying to carry people into battle. Just trying to end the fight on here...sry if you took it wrong but not my intent by that post
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
crash

Post by crash »

#closethread 🤷‍♂️
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^^Nah, it ain't out yet. This is the place to discuss it once it is.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Just some more facts from me. Even though it seems the people that whine most, are the ones that read the least.

Coming from me as a modder that knows what it takes to do a mod like Lukas 7R, CM'S 7R, etc.

1. Even the smallest change on a model will require the whole model (ALL moving parts) to be broken apart and rebuilt. This is because the model imports in Maya or Blender as large objects.
Example: the rear 3pt hitch need to be broken apart in pieces, the hydraulic cylinder, the hydraulic punch, the lift bars, and all other parts of the 3pt that moves when you lift/lower.

2. Because of above, making a US version is actually easier than making a EU version. Simply because you don't have to build the front 3pt and PTO. You just add a bunch of static weights and configure them as options in XML.

3. Never under estimate a modders work based on the appearance in the game shop. You have no idea. Absolutely no idea.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I think I do have an idea.

And because of that, I’m not even gonna try!
Ignorance is bliss
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

Actually there are a few mods with multiple copies now that I think about it. Hardi sprayers and the lizard pickups. I am glad the 7r will go through.
FS 22 and loving it.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

It’s absolutely unbelievable how a group of people go utterly nuts over a mod. What’s the average age of people on this forum, because from what I see it sure can’t be adults? If it is....oh dear.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Right?