Seasons in testing for ps4!

Alagos

Re: Seasons in testing for ps4!

Post by Alagos »

Somkeyps4 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:43 pm Yeah I should of that but I how I seen the test list so far is it on the test list we should have it any days now!!
That's a wrong assumption. Seasons in the test list for console doesnt mean anything. It's not uploaded like a normal mod for console.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Alagos wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:40 am
Somkeyps4 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:43 pm Yeah I should of that but I how I seen the test list so far is it on the test list we should have it any days now!!
That's a wrong assumption. Seasons in the test list for console doesnt mean anything. It's not uploaded like a normal mod for console.
Having it show-up in the test list does imply progress though.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Progress with Seasons is probably made weekly, not that you see any of it. It seriously doesn't mean much.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

ace54858 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:03 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:37 pm I would imagine Seasons won't release on Console until around the Class DLC Launch. This is because Giants will also be releasing a game update/patch at this time.
i wouldn't go around saying Seasons won't be released on Console untill the Class DLC inless you have proof of it and nothing has been said about any update either. so without proof of either don't go around saying that if you have proof then do show us.

another thing also we don't know when Seasons went into testing as the list wasn't updated end of last week as 05-Chris was out of the office for at least friday if not thursday as well.
There will be a game update and patch released for the game with the release of the Platinum Expansion/Class DLC that is a fact. It's also a fact that for Seasons to work on Consoles, Giants need to patch the scripts that mod needs into the base game. Therefore Seasons won't be seen on consoles until Giants release an actually Game Update/Patch for the Console Players. The earliest this will be is 22nd October when they release the DLC.

Just because it's in the testing list now doesn't mean it's coming anytime soon. It just means Giants has time to get all the stuff sorted out on there end to facilitate the mod getting released on consoles. It also means that hopefully they do actually spend some time testing this mod and finding the bugs and getting them sorted out with Realismus, because they themselves have said when Seasons releases that's pretty much it, one and done, they won't be able to do updates and stuff like with standard mods on consoles. So they have to make sure it works and is as error free as possible otherwise you Console Players are going to get even more upset.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
JD92

Post by JD92 »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:02 pm
ace54858 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:03 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:37 pm

There will be a game update and patch released for the game with the release of the Platinum Expansion/Class DLC that is a fact. It's also a fact that for Seasons to work on Consoles, Giants need to patch the scripts that mod needs into the base game. Therefore Seasons won't be seen on consoles until Giants release an actually Game Update/Patch for the Console Players. The earliest this will be is 22nd October when they release the DLC.

Just because it's in the testing list now doesn't mean it's coming anytime soon. It just means Giants has time to get all the stuff sorted out on there end to facilitate the mod getting released on consoles. It also means that hopefully they do actually spend some time testing this mod and finding the bugs and getting them sorted out with Realismus, because they themselves have said when Seasons releases that's pretty much it, one and done, they won't be able to do updates and stuff like with standard mods on consoles. So they have to make sure it works and is as error free as possible otherwise you Console Players are going to get even more upset.
I agree with you cwatt .. honestly I did not think that the release on the console was so imminent, I thought in conjunction with another dlc, maybe a dlc of December .. but better like this in October.

p.s: if seasons mod works well why wait for 22nd to release update? I would not rule out the possibility of seeing it before the class dlc, as this update must be released sooner or later aniway.
Highsider

Post by Highsider »

We want insider info :search: *thumbsup*
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

It will be released when it's ready, knowing when doesn't change how long you wait for it.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Chris mentioned it in the German forum section:
viewtopic.php?p=1189349#p1189349

Translation:
It will take weeks until Seasons will arrive. It needs to be in Modhub testing first to be allowed to be sent to MS/Sony for check-up. And at their end it might take around 3 to 4 weeks minimum.

Chris: That is so accurate, I can't even add more to this.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
aklein

Post by aklein »

I was reminded yesterday that Seasons for console on FS17 never got updated after initial release. I thought it was updated but it was just that a PC update took a very long time after the seasons release on console. Given the extent that the base game needs to be adjusted so Sony and MS do not balk at the script based mod through testing must be done. Well beyond the normal Giants QA testing. After all we saw a mod just last week get released and pulled from console because it didn't work right.

The release for console will likely be a one time affair with no updates so Seasons will need to be rock solid and feature complete. The current modhub release of seasons for example changes the animal info screen in such a way that it is rather useless and I can only imagine the hassle a controller based player must go through to scroll through all of the information if you have several different animals. The dev builds of seasons has a newly designed animal info screen that compiles the information in a much easier to use format. That's just one example of changes that have been made to improve the mod for console players and PC players alike that have yet to make their way into general PC release.

You guys are not going to like this but I suspect the Console release wont happen until after the Platinum release as a result. Its going to be worth the wait for sure and I know console folks are anxious for the release but you want to wait for as feature complete and bug free version as possible else getting stuck with a version that has less functionality than the PC release and has bugs making the overall gameplay less enjoyable.
Eische

Post by Eische »

aklein wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:28 pm I was reminded yesterday that Seasons for console on FS17 never got updated after initial release. I thought it was updated but it was just that a PC update took a very long time after the seasons release on console. Given the extent that the base game needs to be adjusted so Sony and MS do not balk at the script based mod through testing must be done. Well beyond the normal Giants QA testing. After all we saw a mod just last week get released and pulled from console because it didn't work right.

The release for console will likely be a one time affair with no updates so Seasons will need to be rock solid and feature complete. The current modhub release of seasons for example changes the animal info screen in such a way that it is rather useless and I can only imagine the hassle a controller based player must go through to scroll through all of the information if you have several different animals. The dev builds of seasons has a newly designed animal info screen that compiles the information in a much easier to use format. That's just one example of changes that have been made to improve the mod for console players and PC players alike that have yet to make their way into general PC release.

You guys are not going to like this but I suspect the Console release wont happen until after the Platinum release as a result. Its going to be worth the wait for sure and I know console folks are anxious for the release but you want to wait for as feature complete and bug free version as possible else getting stuck with a version that has less functionality than the PC release and has bugs making the overall gameplay less enjoyable.
You are absolutely right. Rahkiin stated it here:
viewtopic.php?p=1181466#p1181466

And as of now there is no information on which version of Seasons is currently in testing for consoles.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Also consider what version of Seasons is currently in testing consoles? On PC we're on Beta Build 30 now and that still has a lot of bugs and issues. The version on the ModHub is quite a few versions behind the dev build now and that has more bugs and issues then the Beta Build. Honestly as someone who's been playing and updating the PC version of Seasons fairly regularly at this point not just on single player saves but also on a dedicated multiplayer server, I'd say Seasons isn't quite console ready yet.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Eische wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:02 pm Chris mentioned it in the German forum section:
viewtopic.php?p=1189349#p1189349

Translation:
It will take weeks until Seasons will arrive. It needs to be in Modhub testing first to be allowed to be sent to MS/Sony for check-up. And at their end it might take around 3 to 4 weeks minimum.

Chris: That is so accurate, I can't even add more to this.

This is precisely why it shouldn’t have appeared as in testing IMO
Highsider

Post by Highsider »

Hope springs eternal we'd say :wink3:
Somkeyps4

Post by Somkeyps4 »

Do we need to do a patch like 1.4 to have season if we do did we got that patch yet or was that of pc only
Somkeyps4

Post by Somkeyps4 »

Will it be the same setup for console like it’s for pc or will it be lil different