Can herbicide be applied preventively?

Mwal

Re: Can herbicide be applied preventively?

Post by Mwal »

In the vanilla game and seasons spraying for weeds has a preemptive effect. The vanilla game mechanic is weeds are planted when you seed your fields and seasons use this mechanic also. Here’s my proof.

https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2 ... weeds.html

Anyone having results other than that must be having a mod conflict.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:39 pm
Eische wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:16 am
Denhalen wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:56 am Although I have read somewhere that if you plant oilseed radish, let it grow and then plant your crop, it reduces the chance of weed. At least for grass.
This is not true. Weed is not growing on grass, no matter what you have done in preparation.
Oilseed radish has no other effect than fertilization stage.
You are incorrect. I have a big patch of weeds in the middle of my grass field. Maybe weeds wont grow on painted grass but they certainly do on planted grass
I never ever had that happening in vanilla on planted grass. As you are talking about a patch of weeds I guess you are playing with Seasons?
Could be a Seasons issue then.

In the games xml (maps_fruitTypes.xml) it is clearly stated that weeds are not planted/allowed on:
- oilseed radish
- poplar
- grass
In those friutType definitions there is a parameter used named plantsWeed="false"
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

I always get weeds if plant grass as well. Once mowed they don't show after that.
PS4
PS5
Frag

Post by Frag »

Would be nice if someone from Season would confirm if we can apply preventively or not.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Frag wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:52 pm Would be nice if someone from Season would confirm if we can apply preventively or not.
In my earlier post in this thread I linked the season blog which is there official blog. It’s written and run by them and it’s the best place to get answers for any questions you have. It says right in it that preemptive spraying works.
Frag

Post by Frag »

Mwal wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:59 pm
Frag wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:52 pm Would be nice if someone from Season would confirm if we can apply preventively or not.
In my earlier post in this thread I linked the season blog which is there official blog. It’s written and run by them and it’s the best place to get answers for any questions you have. It says right in it that preemptive spraying works.
Just read it entirely, you are right. My bad. Thanks for the link! Really helpful!
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Is it possible that the answer is somewhat related to the map?

While I have generally found that unlike in real life - herbicide ONLY works after seeding, is applied at the same time (no till seed drill with fert function filled with herb instead) it will work on SOME maps.

I have also seen weed on multiple maps when grass is planted on a field and the field develops weeds. Some maps have built in pastures that never develop weeds.
sledhead12

Post by sledhead12 »

With seasons, what I do is have my planter set up with herbicide in it so it applies while planting. I found out it takes care of any weeds and also gives me a level of fertilizer. So 2 for 1 deal!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Frag wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:24 pm
Mwal wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:59 pm
Just read it entirely, you are right. My bad. Thanks for the link! Really helpful!
Yup no problem. Best to bookmark it to when they do updates they add new blogs and change things after updates they have there manual there to that really helps with some of the more obscure things about seasons and I would highly recommend reading the manual in its entirety there’s a lot of features I never would have known about if I hadn’t. I will link there Facebook page also. They drop release dates and info for updates there

https://m.facebook.com/realismusmodding/