Can't completely uninstall a mod map (PS4)

cedricthecat

Can't completely uninstall a mod map (PS4)

Post by cedricthecat »

Not sure if this is a bug as such, so will post here first to see if anyone can advise!

On PS4, I've recently download the mod map "Dreisternhof" and then decided to uninstall it. Seemed to disappear with no issue, and the used percentage went down from, I think, around 45% to 41%. However, next time I went onto the Mod Hub, Dreisternhof was showing as having an update and also as "installed". Selected it again and chose uninstall, the system reported that this was successful, but the used percentage stayed the same

This now happens every time I go to the Mod Hub

It's not a huge issue, as I don't think it's using up space, but it's a little irritating and there's a slight worry that it may ultimately mess things up! Other maps I've downloaded and then removed have vanished properly btw
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
JRAD111

Re: Can't completely uninstall a mod map (PS4)

Post by JRAD111 »

I've been having the same issue..But with vehicles and stuff to. no clue how to fix it
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

I have the same problem, mods wouldn't uninstall in FS17 and now the same thing with FS19 (same lines of code). And they do take up part of your Sony's allowed tiny 4GB of mod space. This totally *censored* because I have the internal 500GB HD and a 1TB external HD, total space = 1,500GB and Sony's stupid policy only allows me to use 4GB of MY STORAGE space. That's a GIANT load of cow manure! So I have to carefully pick and choose which mods I can use most often and uninstall the others. But back to the problem, keep trying to uninstall. Eventually it will uninstall, might be days, weeks or months! Never did figure out what the magic trigger is.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Yep just happened to me with oberkrebach today,i installed to look at it after updating it and it wont uninstall. Im sitting at 93% on ps4 so its going to be hard to put anything like another map on at this point.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

SkyBurner JB wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:09 pm I have the same problem, mods wouldn't uninstall in FS17 and now the same thing with FS19 (same lines of code). And they do take up part of your Sony's allowed tiny 4GB of mod space. This totally *censored* because I have the internal 500GB HD and a 1TB external HD, total space = 1,500GB and Sony's stupid policy only allows me to use 4GB of MY STORAGE space. That's a GIANT load of cow manure! So I have to carefully pick and choose which mods I can use most often and uninstall the others. But back to the problem, keep trying to uninstall. Eventually it will uninstall, might be days, weeks or months! Never did figure out what the magic trigger is.
It has to do with the limitations on consoles and having too many mods could cause crashing and performance issues.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

You can try my trick.
Uninstall the game app and reinstall it. Then download the mods that you want.
PS4
PS5
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

A "trick" is a simple and quick solution to a problem. What you say is neither of them. It is in fact a serious pain.
Giants know this since the early days of FS17. I personally made sure of that with a lot of bug reports.
All they say is we can't reproduce the problem. And if that many people experience the same bug, I'm quite sure "we can't reproduce the problem" is a lie.
So, be sure that this bug is not going anywhere soon. I don't even expect it to be fixed in FS21 as they already didn't fix it from FS17 to FS19.
PS5 / FS22
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Can’t reproduce?!
I reproduce it nearly everyday

Makes me wonder if they ever play their own game
Ignorance is bliss
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

No they don't. If they do, %90 of the bugs we had and we still have wouldn't be in the game.
PS5 / FS22
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I finally got the map to uninstall it just took 6 installs of its update before it decided to work. I know that 17 had it too and one "Fix" was a server reset or some sort of refresh for the modhub server it worked for most people and didn't require hours of reinstalling of game and mods somthing i did 3 times in 17 due to the issue.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

I guess it's nice to know that it's not just me then!

Dreisternhof is coming back every time I re-start the game, with the used percentage dropping from 44% to 41% when I uninstall it once again. Interesting I did a little cull of mods the other day (ones I downloaded and then decided not to use) and spotted that two of these are back. One is the log shovel/brush/pusher thingy that you can pop onto a log crane to push logs around, and the other is a silo set I'd never actually placed on a map. One thing I noticed is that the log tool and Dreisternhof both had updates, so wonder if the new content is what confuses the system?
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Farming is awesome

Post by Farming is awesome »

I had the same problem on Fs17 with ps4 and now on Fs19 I have it on xbox and its fine. I think it might be a problem with Ps4.