Is there yet a proper forage wagon....? (XBox)

chedly_farms

Is there yet a proper forage wagon....? (XBox)

Post by chedly_farms »

This is for console only as PC has multiple options.

I am wondering if there is yet a proper forage wagon that can attach to either of the Krone or New Holland self propelled forage harvesters? I kept hoping that Giants would release for 19, the Fliegl Bull trailer that they released as a mod (yes, it was their mod) for FS17. But a lot of wagons won't attach and that makes it a pain in the but to do grass silage or open up corn silage field. There are some trailers that will work, but none are realistic, or proper silage trailers. Can a modder make a "faux hitch" that would go onto the back of the forage harvesters, kind of like the krone weight released back in January, that would have a low hitch to be able to pull some of the forage wagons? I hate that Giants would basically leave this issue unresolved, and we have to hope a modder out there can bail us console players out. Sorry for being long winded. lol.

Also is anyone else having an issue with the smaller Krone forage harvester (the one they released as a mod), hooking up to the grass processing header? Everytime I lower it to the working position is lifts the front driving tires of the forage harvester off the ground.

I don't like saying too many negative things against Giants, they make a good game. But if they extensively play tested the game or addressed and fixed all the legitimate issues that players have, that would go a long way.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
juf.de

Re: Is there yet a proper forage wagon....? (XBox)

Post by juf.de »

Try the large radom trailer from the sugarcane category, that should be attachable behind a harvester and able to hold chaff.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

The combination of harvester + trailer is not really the most common in use. I dont say its not realistic, but you will rarely see forage harvester pulling big trailer behind... sooo.. dont be so harsh on Giants... I think there is way bigger and more important things to fix in the game before that.
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Are you talking about one of these wagons?

https://youtu.be/5Si-VwB1oOE
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

FarmerJDC wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:04 pm Are you talking about one of these wagons?

https://youtu.be/5Si-VwB1oOE
I would love one of these, or a Gehl, but also a European Silage trailer as well.

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

In FS17, I used the sugarcane trailers as their high-tip function allows one to empty into another trailer to take chaff to the bunker. However, only the big Randon trailer attaches now and I can't get it to reliably empty into another trailer. Half of the time it puts it on the ground.

So, I use the dolly from the modhub that attaches to the forage harvesters and put a semi trailer on that. Realistic? Not really, but it's the only way to make single player silage enjoyable and not a mind-numbing hours-long marathon. Since there are no realistic silage trailers, and no courseplay or other AI to drive the tractor beside the harvester, it's how I do it.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I use the Farmtech Durus. I can attach it to my harvester just fine. Also has a 28k capacity, it is a semi realistic trailer I would say.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Doubt one would ever make it. Giants doesent have liscense for gehl, h&s, or badger.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

FarmerJDC wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 pm Doubt one would ever make it. Giants doesent have liscense for gehl, h&s, or badger.
I'm for an unbranded "lizard" version to get around licensing. Heck, I'm still hoping for a "lizard" orange generic gravity wagon. But as far as the silage wagon goes, Giants had one they released as a mod on 17 that hooked up to the forage harvesters, update it and release it again. I'm not asking for the world, just to make the Forage harvesters "playable".

Here is the link for the Fliegl trailer I'm talking about. https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017

FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Yeah that would be nice and I remember it. Also there are plenty of farms that use pull behinds and sometimes you have to pull on behind to open up a field. It just depends on what suits an operation best.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

The modded Rostselmash forage harvester can pull the Annaburger trailer behind it. That's what I use for corn fields.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Tomazius96 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:06 pm The combination of harvester + trailer is not really the most common in use. I dont say its not realistic, but you will rarely see forage harvester pulling big trailer behind... sooo.. dont be so harsh on Giants... I think there is way bigger and more important things to fix in the game before that.
I would still like to see one of these in game though :wink:
Playing on PC
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

A quick console solve to get a worker to follow alongside forage harvester is to use the Brantner (might not be correct but its something like that) trailer that can be used as poop spreader but leave it in normal trailer setup. For some reason the worker function for poop spreading remains in normal setup.
Also I discovered today that if you use a trailer or whatever with a rear hitch and you can find a suitable implement to attach (spreaders work well) leave said implement empty then it will also allow you for to hire a worker to follow alongside, just have to get them positioned in right spot, match speeds and remember they will need you to turn them at each end as it messes with the workers heads (they are a simple people)
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:55 am A quick console solve to get a worker to follow alongside forage harvester is to use the Brantner (might not be correct but its something like that) trailer that can be used as poop spreader but leave it in normal trailer setup. For some reason the worker function for poop spreading remains in normal setup.
Also I discovered today that if you use a trailer or whatever with a rear hitch and you can find a suitable implement to attach (spreaders work well) leave said implement empty then it will also allow you for to hire a worker to follow alongside, just have to get them positioned in right spot, match speeds and remember they will need you to turn them at each end as it messes with the workers heads (they are a simple people)
It's best to just let the worker operate the forage harvester and you drive the tractor with trailer. The worker will stop when you are full and wait until you return after emptying or replacing the trailer. I know, it doesn't fix anything if you'd rather drive the harvester.
Playing on PC
Eische

Post by Eische »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:09 pm
Here is the link for the Fliegl trailer I'm talking about. https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017
Forum user TopAce888 has already sent a converted version of the Fliegl 266 to Giants for testing. It might be available in 1-2 weeks.
viewtopic.php?p=1191307#p1191307
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker