Plant growth speed

Jimbob0704

Plant growth speed

Post by Jimbob0704 »

The problem a lot of players have with the vanilla farming is the daily rinse and repeat, if it was possible to have a even slower growth rate option say it took 4 or 5 games days for a field to grow, that and the consumption rate of cows, being able to put 1million of TMR grass and wot not a it good in my opinion, a few of them changes would help take away that unbelievable anticipation of waiting for seasons, would these things not help with the bordem factor when fs21 comes out if it doesnt have seasons?
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
BoxTunnel

Re: Plant growth speed

Post by BoxTunnel »

For me there is no boredom factor. I like ploughing, cultivating, sowing, fertilising and harvesting. It's why I play the game.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Yeah I understand there are players happy with rinse and repeat but there are a lot of us who get bored with it and have been craving seasons, thought this could be a good way to keep everybody happy
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I've never actually got through a year in Seasons yet (in 17 or 19!) but I'm on course in Lone Oak at the moment. I still always have a vanilla map running as well where I can be harvesting one field, fertilizing another, cultivating another etc, etc. But as you say, to each his or her own.

Agree about the animals though, they should need feeding every day.
Jlracing18

Post by Jlracing18 »

I picked up a Farmer Minn trick, "Seasons Lite" . At 1800 hours I turn plant growth on until 600 the next morning. It spreads out the growth cycle to slow plant development. I will let it run a few extra minutes if a field has not changed completely from the previous cycle.
crash

Post by crash »

Scale things down area wise, and do more stuff, do everything.. Springwork, hay/grass, silage, harvest, straw baling, fall manure/plowing and forestry. Then add staggered(?) crops. Like if you do potatoes they will need a higher ground Temp, and are plated after grains and harvested last. Etc etc..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Set growth to slow.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Slow is way too fast
Super T Agriculture

Post by Super T Agriculture »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:51 am Slow is way too fast
Sorry, I had to laugh at that.

I've often used the same (Farmer Minn) trick Jlracing mentioned, plant growth off during the day and then I just set it to slow when I go to sleep through the night, I usually try and get a good eight hours in game (rarely happens irl as I'm normally playing FS late in to the night haha).

I'll do a bit of grass work once per harvest to feed my cows and or sheep and then the rest of my time is spent doing contracts and a bit of light forestry.

Not as complex as even the FS17 version of seasons but enough to keep me entertained until we get the new improved seasons for FS19 on consoles. *thumbsup*
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

I’ve been doing that from Marwell manor came out, nothing new about that but it still doesn’t help a lot, it’s still too fast and having to turn things on and off to suit isn’t good either, what’s next, turning on and off daylight and rain? And it doesn’t fix the problem of cows, 50 cows being fed 12k in the morn and 12k tmr in the evening and you’ll soon run out of silage and hay, the greediest cows I’ve ever heard of but at least the troughs are like tinky winkys bag and hold 1million litres of tmr, very realistic
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Ps... I’ve just read that back to myself and it might have come across a bit rude, not my intention at all and thank you for trying to help
Super T Agriculture

Post by Super T Agriculture »

I'm old and thick skinned enough that a few words on a forum don't bother me, even if the comments are offensive which yours weren't in my opinion. Apology noted but not needed.

I do understand your point, that's why I've adopted the seasons lite 'trick' to add a little realism the best way I can on my console until we get the full blown version from Realismus Modding.

I suppose in a way the FS series has to be simple to attract the casual player as well as cater to the people that want a full blown simulation, I've tried dragging friends in to playing it and they even find the base game too complicated! I'm someone the middle of the FS player base, I like to make it somewhat realistic and often have a little narrative in my head but at the same time i have some evenings where I just want to sit down after work and harvest, prep and re seed a field, clean and feed my animals, save and go to bed, unfortunately you can't please all the people all of the time.

When seasons eventually lands on consoles I'm booking a week off work.

Happy farming folks.