Weed problem!

FJohannesson

Weed problem!

Post by FJohannesson »

Hi guys!

I play on Michigan Map With Season and i have planted my seed and its now in the growing state and There are weeds in the Fields ready to spray. But When i am spraying i Only Can spray over the weeds and not the Complete field.

The ground is Only getting darker just were the patches of weeds are, am i doing something wrong or is it the map or somwthing with season?
szechla

Re: Weed problem!

Post by szechla »

it's by design
Seasons changed the way weeds work to be more realistic - now it doesnt grow on entire field, but in patches here and there
also, in Seasons it is possible to spray the field 'preemptively' (thats why ground is getting darker for you even in places without weeds)

unfortunately, workers dont seem to support this feature and dont want to spray field that doesnt have weeds
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

But it’s just getting darker on det spot were the weeds are not on the rest of the field.
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

I have notice that it is just the Fields i have sown that has that problem, if i buy a field thats been sowed by the game and then spray that field the hole field gets dark.

Is there someone who can help me??
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

I guess it`s in the first year, then maybe part of the field was prepared already.
If you spray in 2nd year after the first harvest and first resowing, all of your field will get dark.
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

I have tried it now to spray on the second yesterday and still the same problem.
Every other field that the game has sowed still works to spray like it should after you by it, but not the one i my self sowed.

Is it the map or something?
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

I had a problem on Oakfield of not being able to spray a brand new field after sowing, even with a couple young weeds present, wait for crop to change growth stage and try again, that worked for me

Reallogger was discussing in a post about the problems spraying before crop has emerged so it may be being worked on in a future update
PC & Xbox One
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

I have tried Everything and the weed patches thats present on the field the die, but why isn’t the hole field getting sprayed?
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

Tried the ravenport map and Everything works there, so it must be the map. What can i do about it?
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Use courseplay. Way better then the vanilla hired workers and will do things like spray an entire field with herbicide even if there isn't weeds present at the moment.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

It is not worker problem , the ground dosen’t get darker When i”m the one spraying.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I think it is to do with what stage fertilisation it is at, I think the spray is accepted but not shown. I tried spraying a field I had sown which wasn't ready for another fert stage, the herbicide didn't change the soil colour but no weeds appeared either.
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

But if it is the fertilisation state thats doing This , why does the ground getting darker over the patches of weeds in the field?
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I *believe* you can fertilize then herbicide in the same growth stage and both will be effective but you can't spray herbicide then fertilize, if you do the fert has no effect.
I know the second is true (happened to me last night), been a while since I have tried the first but I seem to remember it working.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

Even if the ground dosen’t turn darker the spraying will have effect anyway?

I will try and hop it works becuase i Don’t want to start a new game