Seasons: Water Pump issues

Alex061

Seasons: Water Pump issues

Post by Alex061 »

Hei,

Enjoying Seasons mod so far, but coming to some errors there and there. Currently trying to figure out, why i'm not getting any water to my cows with water pump mod? Any ideas?

advantys287

Re: Seasons: Water Pump issues

Post by advantys287 »

Hello,
I have no issue with the water pump on the cows, pigs or horses. The pump only fills the water tray to 15% max per the pump description. Have not tried the sheep yet.
Only one pump is required near the water tray. If you want to fill the rest of the water tray with a a water tanker you can. Optional
Alex061

Post by Alex061 »

advantys287 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:17 pm Hello,
I have no issue with the water pump on the cows, pigs or horses. The pump only fills the water tray to 15% max per the pump description. Have not tried the sheep yet.
Only one pump is required near the water tray. If you want to fill the rest of the water tray with a a water tanker you can. Optional
It never works for me, tried on multiple maps placing a single one at filltrigger, but never get any water? It worked fine a week ago tho..
Alex061

Post by Alex061 »

Could be this causing some errors?

2019-10-14 19:21 C:/Users/47941/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_RM_Seasons/resources/placeables/waterPump/waterPump.i3d (25.45 ms)
2019-10-14 19:21 Error: Running LUA method 'update'
Alex061

Post by Alex061 »

Figured it out. GrowControl mod caused the issues.

Removed it from my save game and it works fine now.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

I also have this issue, on Lone Oak specifically.

I do not have any growth control or animal helper mods installed.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Will probably be a mod conflict. Know dirt mod and seasons conflict on some maps. Try removing dirt mod and start a new save and test.
I usually start with base mods and add a few at a time until i find the problematic / conflict mod. Then remove them as a workaround.
With regard to Lone oak, i believe its a problem with the map though (seen somewhere) and will be fixed in a update. Something to do with animal pen expansion/extension mod or something.
Loss

Post by Loss »

NotoriousWeber wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:43 pm I also have this issue, on Lone Oak specifically.

I dont have any problems with the pump on Lone Oak. My pump is hide in the barn behind the water trough. Be sure, your water pump is not to far away from spawn point, when you teleport to the cows. I read in a other forum, thats the pump must placed in a max radius to this point. i dont now, if this is right, but the water trough on Lone Oak is far away from the spawn point.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Loss wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 am
NotoriousWeber wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:43 pm I also have this issue, on Lone Oak specifically.

I dont have any problems with the pump on Lone Oak. My pump is hide in the barn behind the water trough. Be sure, your water pump is not to far away from spawn point, when you teleport to the cows. I read in a other forum, thats the pump must placed in a max radius to this point. i dont now, if this is right, but the water trough on Lone Oak is far away from the spawn point.
That's very interesting. I'll give that a go! Thank you! I figured it just needed to be in the water trigger.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

Loss wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 am Be sure, your water pump is not to far away from spawn point, when you teleport to the cows.
[...]
I read in a other forum, thats the pump must placed in a max radius to this point.
I don't know English fluently - do I understand correctly that "spawn point" is the place where I will be after pressing "visit" on the pasture icon on the map?
However, it seems to me that one of these above statements excludes the other... so, pump should be not too far from spawn point or pump should be in a max radius to this point?

I put the pump right next to the water trough in the cow pasture and it doesn't work.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I was having problems with it but I switched to using the animal pen extension mod with no troubles. Playing on Lone Oak
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

If you are using the ModHub Version of Seasons, consider heading to the GitLab page and grabbing the latest Beta Version as they’ve fixed quite a few issues with Seasons, one of which being the Water Pump and it’s detection of the water triggers and also it’s detection radius.

You could always play around further with the pump radius yourself if you know how to edit the placeable xml file in the seasons zip. I have tweaked mine from 15 to 50 to make extra sure it’ll have no problems picking up the troughs when placed near an animal pen.

Though I must admit now that Animal Pen Extension has had some updates I’m finding that mod a better option for providing water to my animals in Seasons and it now works perfect with maps like Lone Oak with built in pens on the map.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:22 pm ...
Yes, I also use 'APE' mod because the Seasons pump does not work for me (modhub version).
The only thing that bothers me a bit is that after installing the APE, each trough on the map has a blue valve and spout imposed on top of each other and it doesn't look too good until they are positioned ;)
Thanks for reply!
Loss

Post by Loss »

Lucass wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:32 pm I don't know English fluently - do I understand correctly that "spawn point" is the place where I will be after pressing "visit" on the pasture icon on the map?
yes
Lucass wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:32 pm However, it seems to me that one of these above statements excludes the other... so, pump should be not too far from spawn point or pump should be in a max radius to this point?
The statement is not confirmed. My pump is behind the water trough in the barn and it works. Maybe your pump is a bit too far away from the spawn point.
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

Maybe... I put it next to trough on its left (looking at the barn).
Anyway.. thanks guys for replies.