Terraforming Help

Deadeye

Terraforming Help

Post by Deadeye »

Hey all. I'm looking for a master landscaper here. I started playing Lone Oak Farm. I decided I'm going to start out with a small pig farm, my only problem being that that part of the farm doesn't have a silo. I had to place one in. This is no issue, except now everything is raised. I was able to make everything look quite nice and smooth it all out, except for one spot on the end. There is a real subtle drop. Equipment doesn't seem to get caught on it, it just bothers me because I've made everything else about the job so perfect. Any ideas to eliminate this? Next time I'm on I'll try to post some screenshots.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
adammac5858

Re: Terraforming Help

Post by adammac5858 »

Sounds lame, I know, but I just cover it with hedges or small trees. Literally the only thing I can figure out. I can never smooth close enough to the placeables because of the collision detection. I have started out smoothing out the land pre purchase.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Where you gonna set the Silo? Im gonna get ideas, just started cattle.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Advice here is to place object, then remove it so it leaves a footprint, then you can level some extra teerain to make the footprint a little larger, place object then as you have given yourself some more space you can smooth out from the edges
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:23 am Advice here is to place object, then remove it so it leaves a footprint, then you can level some extra teerain to make the footprint a little larger, place object then as you have given yourself some more space you can smooth out from the edges
This is a great solution as long as the collision detection goes away when you sell it. Had a lot of problems on Pacific Northwest where I would sell the water station and still not be able to terrain edit. Collision was still there until I saved, exited, and reloaded save. This may have been fixed/improved for all maps by GIANTS, because I really haven't had that problem much lately.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

adammac5858 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:10 pm
Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:23 am Advice here is to place object, then remove it so it leaves a footprint, then you can level some extra teerain to make the footprint a little larger, place object then as you have given yourself some more space you can smooth out from the edges
This is a great solution as long as the collision detection goes away when you sell it. Had a lot of problems on Pacific Northwest where I would sell the water station and still not be able to terrain edit. Collision was still there until I saved, exited, and reloaded save. This may have been fixed/improved for all maps by GIANTS, because I really haven't had that problem much lately.
I did something sorta like that, I just haven't been able to feather it out completely.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

BigC92 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:21 am Where you gonna set the Silo? Im gonna get ideas, just started cattle.
Here, BigC, I got in late tonight, but I did take the time to snap some shots of the project so far. I put the silo alongside the one driveway into the hog farm. I took a small portion of the field you see in the picture to turn to gravel and make a nice driveway, otherwise, I wouldn't had to back the trailer in rather than pull through.

For the other guys:
img]https://image.giants-software.com/1/s73cDV3U.jpg[/img]

I think some of my problems are that I'm just a perfectionist. I have it in my head how it should look, and I've been determined to get it that way. Just getting it to look like this was a painstaking process of quitting and reloading and saving. I struggle to use the terraform tool, though I got a little better as the project progressed. I still have a little bit on the left edge of the silo as can be seen in the top image. I have to put back the grass and the edge of the field before I can plow it.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

That's a good place. But im not a perfectionist as well, your not alone.
Tylercheesey1986

@deadeye, I see what you mean, that's a sharp drop. Terraform tool takes a bit to get used to.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
50-120 head.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I've learned the hard way to never have autosave active when landscaping as the biggest thing it is missing is an undo/go back button.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Unfortunately everything only really works when it is all flat, if you don’t you will hav3 huge gaps between buildings, you should test the silo on flat map to see if it raises when placed
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Can you sell it and edit the terrain again? You could always use the smoothing tool and smooth it out a bit.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

redglasses wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:17 pm Can you sell it and edit the terrain again? You could always use the smoothing tool and smooth it out a bit.
I think that's my next plan of attack, use the elevate tool painstakingly on each "grid" to gradually eliminate the sharp drop off. Now, it's just a matter of getting a chance to play. Crazy time of the year for me.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I would try moving it towards the road a bit more, turn the smooth tool up to its most aggressive setting then starting from too close to the silo to work, start very slowly toward your red shed go back and forth 3-4 times across your driving area until you get close to what you desire. then turn the smooth tool all the way down and rapidly go across the entire area to a bit outside your desired road area. I play on can farm and that map was big for build your own type farms so mine is 100% placeable. What I learned was changing the intensity like I described is you best friend when coupled with the smooth tool. May I also recommend a nice ditch in your green strip.
Tylercheesey1986

Smooth tool and adjusting the strengh is key to successful terraforming.
50-120 head.