Congratulations to Giants

FarmBoss

Re: Congratulations to Giants

Post by FarmBoss »

asyvan wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:55 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:10 pm If you have a negative view, your opinion is considered wrong, you're accused of hating giants and their game, and apparently despising modders (even though there was no mention of them at all).
If there are more than one negative opinions, then it must be the same person with multiple accounts.
It's too bad that negative feedback or opinions can't be tolerated around here. I'll check back when 21 hits. maybe they won't ef it up and all the offended will have grown a spine, grown a sense of humor, and grown up.
I also have zero interest in the minimum effort dlc they are pushing. They can't even be bothered to add a crop or map with new gameplay, just a bunch of edited models with different colors (otherwise free mods).
There is a distinct difference between expressing an opinion and making a statement of facts.
Opinion: "I have zero interest in the Claas DLC", "I would rather see a new crop or a new map"
Statement: "They are pushing a minimum effort DLC", "It's just a bunch of edited models"

No one can argue about your opinion, there is no right or wrong, only difference of opinion.

However, stating facts is a different matter. Facts can be checked and proven correct or incorrect. And if you make statements that are incorrect you will and should be called out. The facts you stated, that I used as example above, are incorrect and can be proven as such. So don't come here whining about opinion, because you clearly do not know the difference.

Remember that what you write here is read by many more than those who reply, and most people do understand the difference between expressing opinions and stating facts. They will make an opinion about you based on what you write.
My opinion is that they did as little work as possible.
My opinion is that they reuse when they can. Can anyone from giants confirm if every single piece of equipment is created from scratch? Without doing a "save as" and making modifications?

Here's the definition of opinion for those that don't seem to know.
o·pin·ion
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

look up the meaning yourself if you don't believe me.
Please don't take offence because I'm not as happy with the game as you are (I paid for it too). I'm not offended when people say nice things.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

GIANTS Headquarters: Alright people. I know, MANY of our customers would LOVE to see Claas in our game. And now we have the opportunity to do so. We will be able to add over 35 pieces of Claas equipment to our game and I’m sure our customers will love it. We never done such a thing. Adding over 35 pieces of equipment of a certain brand.

But... we’re not gonna do that.
There might be people in our community that don’t care for Claas. So just let us create a map. Not that they’re gonna like our map, cause they never do. Add one or two plows and carrots or something.

But you know. Creating over 35 pieces of Claas equipment might give someone the impression that we’re lazy and that we’re trying to make easy money by reusing existing models...
Ignorance is bliss
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

guil, it would seem this thread has run its course.. I very humbly suggest that we clean it up or close it please.. none of this fighting or arguing about such pointless stuff serves any of us in our endeavor to enjoy this game nor is any "criticism" being presented in this thread constructive
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

I'll congratulate giants. Although they do things I don't always agree with. They still brought this amazing game into our lives. We've got more or less all the major brands now so maybe we can start getting some innovative add-ons other than brand add-ons.
The game is on. Now let's see what happens next.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I can get onboard with your comment Jagtractor.. like everything about it or not.. its still the "best" (broad term) farming game on the market in terms of graphics, brands, stability and overall gameplay options.. I would know.. I own all the current farming games.. yea I know.. I have a problem.. but there is no support group for simulator addicts lolol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Valko_inen

Post by Valko_inen »

I can now see why some members have been leaving this forum,
The sense of entitlement around here makes it seem that there no correct way of doing things.
When the cotton dlc came out the consensus on the EU forums was that it is a waste of time whereas people on this predominantly NA forum seemed mildly happy. Now with Claas it seems to be the other way around. How the tables have turned
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

iwan073 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:57 pm GIANTS Headquarters: Alright people. I know, MANY of our customers would LOVE to see Claas in our game. And now we have the opportunity to do so. We will be able to add over 35 pieces of Claas equipment to our game and I’m sure our customers will love it. We never done such a thing. Adding over 35 pieces of equipment of a certain brand.

But... we’re not gonna do that.
There might be people in our community that don’t care for Claas. So just let us create a map. Not that they’re gonna like our map, cause they never do. Add one or two plows and carrots or something.

But you know. Creating over 35 pieces of Claas equipment might give someone the impression that we’re lazy and that we’re trying to make easy money by reusing existing models...
35 pieces of equipment that is all redundant to what is in the game. The Xerion and Torion 639 are potentially the only equipment that is being added that don't have multiple options already available in the game via the base game or the official modhub.

Let's look at actual gaps in the game that people get mods for outside of the base game and official modhub:
  • Courseplay
  • GPS
  • Chisel plows, rippers and subsoilers that have realistic HP to width ratios.
  • No-till planters likes the DB60
  • Anhydrous injection equipment
  • Tillage equipment with fertilizer options (currently 1 in the game)
  • Weeding equipment with fertilizer options
  • Cable skidder
  • Any number of placables
What they really should have released if they wanted to get some good interest is the next level of the placable system allowing people to fence in and make their own animal areas. New mechanic with new models and new angle on gameplay.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:44 pm (snip)
What they really should have released if they wanted to get some good interest is the next level of the placable system allowing people to fence in and make their own animal areas. New mechanic with new models and new angle on gameplay.
But that's what I'd expect in FS21/22 ... not in a minor expansion for FS19
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Chad05

Post by Chad05 »

I cant wait tell this come out giants u have done a great job on this thank you.
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

Just seen that the Steam release isn't until 5pm BST :frown:
PC & Xbox One
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:44 pm 35 pieces of equipment that is all redundant to what is in the game. The Xerion and Torion 639 are potentially the only equipment that is being added that don't have multiple options already available in the game via the base game or the official modhub.

Let's look at actual gaps in the game that people get mods for outside of the base game and official modhub:
  • Courseplay
  • GPS
  • Chisel plows, rippers and subsoilers that have realistic HP to width ratios.
  • No-till planters likes the DB60
  • Anhydrous injection equipment
  • Tillage equipment with fertilizer options (currently 1 in the game)
  • Weeding equipment with fertilizer options
  • Cable skidder
  • Any number of placables
This is very true.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Well I didnt go around forums all grumpy and stuff when Giants released the JD cotton pack. Quite opposite I was happy for people who wanted such things in game, eventhough I had like sub 0 interest in it. When will you guys realize its a DLC. If you want it take it, if you dont, do whatever with your money/time. Dudes this DLC is pretty big thing, say whatever, but Claas is one hell of a big brand to have in a game. And Giants pretty much surprised everyone with this content. At least try to be just a pinch objective about this topic.

I like this forum, but the amount of people complaining and throwing their rude oppinions & remarks is to damn high ("ugh i have never seen claas irl, so this dlc sux", "oh, this is not the real "green", the dlc should be differend color of "green"", "meh giants so lazy, they just released another set of tractors and harvesters, booo")
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Tomazius96 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:15 pm
*thumbsup*
Ignorance is bliss
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

+2 *thumbsup*
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

And do any of you three care to explain how me saying it should be a different shade of green is rude?