Platinum is here what do you think

UK virtual farmer

Re: Platinum is here what do you think

Post by UK virtual farmer »

hun3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:00 am Still have to wait 7 more hours :(:(:(
Same for me to :neutralnew: around the same time new mods drop maybe Growers might be released today that would be awesome to go with the DLC :coolnew:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If you're desperately waiting for Steam you could cancel that and order from GIANTS. Apparently it will still work and update through Steam (you don't add it to Steam though, you install it separately).

Source: viewtopic.php?f=876&t=153749#p1194958
hjvg

Post by hjvg »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:13 am
If you're desperately waiting for Steam you could cancel that and order from GIANTS. Apparently it will still work and update through Steam (you don't add it to Steam though, you install it separately).

Source: viewtopic.php?f=876&t=153749#p1194958
but i think you lose the preorder as pre order should be over by now
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

hjvg wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:16 pm but i think you lose the preorder as pre order should be over by now
Can't speak for Steam (or consoles), but through GIANTS it's described as "direct order bonus" rather than "pre-order", so you'll still get the bonuses.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

pretty awesome
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Rosscooper

Post by Rosscooper »

OK I seem to have phrased my question incorrectly. As only Iwan73 has responded appropriately. Thanks Iwan for your response and I respect your opinion. I hope that you are able to respect mine as well. I am not hater and I do love the Platinum pack I just don't believe it to be an expansion, here are my reasons. You mentioned genres of games and I would like to do the same. Shooting games often have weapon packs as DLC but they are described as weapon packs not expansions. Expansions for shooters usually include new maps and rarely new missions. Now let's compare oranges and mandarins as you mentioned racing games. I will discuss just one Forza Motorsport. FM7 has had a dozen vehicle packs released for it without a single expansion, no let's return to a previous iteration and FM6 also had a dozen vehicle packs along with 2 expansions. Why then did 2 packs receive the expansion moniker. Because along with multiple vehicles they also included new destinations and racing modes thus expanding upon the original gameplay. For others as would really like an open discussion about whether or not Platinum is really an expansion, think about this. A prior DLC was the Anderson equipment pack which introduced a previously unseen manufacturer and abundant new equipment, which is literally the same as the Platinum pack, but it stands as an equipment pack while Platinum is an expansion. Really Giants you can't have it both ways, they are both either expansions or as I believe both are equipment packs.
kintino

Post by kintino »

It looks like an amazing DLC but I decided to postpone buying this DLC for now, I have the cotton JD DLC and so far I have not used any equipment :lol: :lol: , in fact I used little equipment in the game. DLC claas blends in very well with a large dairy production making.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

given as I have to wait.. im compelled to ask.. how is the lil ARION 460-410? ive got a spot on my farm for it already.. its the piece im most excited about in the dlc
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:44 pm given as I have to wait.. im compelled to ask.. how is the lil ARION 460-410? ive got a spot on my farm for it already.. its the piece im most excited about in the dlc
Best thing on there in my opinion, we've had other Claas mods but this is the first good small Claas tractor, the other really good thing is headers locking on the header trailers. The Dominator is also very good and I guess will fit in with your preferred style of play.
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

Help me to find a new map to re-start pls ! :)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

bigsuirlife wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:50 pm Help me to find a new map to re-start pls ! :)
If you are on pc then Greenwich is well worth a look.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Greenwich is a very nice seasons ready map.. also if u r like me and like tiny equipment and what have u, give Wola Zabierzowska.. its seasons ready, nice looking, increased traffic speed, several yards with tiny to medium(ish) fields.. depending on your rig u might wanna thin the forests a bit but otherwise a nice lil map if that's the style u r into

Also, thank u Norfolk farmer.. that's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear.. I cant wait to use both of those actually lol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Headers locking on the header trailers like there is a magnetic on the trailer:)
Kidding, this is happening because of the ExtendedDynamicMountAttacher.lua

Greenwich valley is perfect for Claas, especially when you driving the Xerion and the Lexion on the narrow roads with traffic jam :)

Also, keep in mind that the bonuses will arrive as mods, so you can modify the Dominator and make it faster, with more capacity etc.
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:53 pm
bigsuirlife wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:50 pm Help me to find a new map to re-start pls ! :)
If you are on pc then Greenwich is well worth a look.
oh nice...i'll give it a change :biggrin2:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Rosscooper wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:10 pmI am not hater and I do love the Platinum pack I just don't believe it to be an expansion, here are my reasons[...]
It's no different to the from the FS15 or FS13 addon, in that neither the maps nor the equipment gave us anything new that I can recall, only more of what we already had.

FS17 was the exception to the rule in that it also added a new crop.

It's not like it matters. If you don't want it you don't buy it. Simple. If you have a Season Pass then that's the risk you take when you buy it - you don't know what you're buying - but again no one is forcing you to buy the Season Pass.

Me, I love the expansion. Yes it doesn't really bring much new in terms of game-changing features, but none of the expansions to date have either.