Platinum is here what do you think

george.earlslight

Re: Platinum is here what do you think

Post by george.earlslight »

DarkStar wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:55 am You should try it out for yourself, it's a big improvement over Geiselsberg in terms of maneuverability for your machinery while still being one of the beste EU style maps for consoles
Thanks a lot for the review my fellow e-farmer.
Happy farming!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

From what i can see with the new equipment the physics have been altered so if you are using under powered vehicles you get a performance drop, if that is the case it is long overdue in my opinion.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

It would have been nice to have the rear deck weights to go with the Xerion as well.
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

Guys, I really don't know how you are trying to plow or cultivate at 30/20 km / h, how much these tools are really limited to a specific working speed, and no matter how much the tractors want, they won't go further:

Plows: 12km / h

Cultivators: 15km / h

Disc Bleachers: 17km / h

Powered Bleachers: 15km / h

Subsoilers: 12km / h (TT Multi 5-1 17km / h; BEDNAR FB-3000 15km / h)

Right now I did tests at Lone Oak Farm, Field 42, West Side from North to South, which is a fairly steep slope.

Tractor: CLAAS 5000 (530hp) Tires: Trelleborg Wide (about 17200kg more or less total weight with a full fuel tank "if the giants used the actual weight" which is not known exactly)

Front counterweight: CLAAS W 1800 (2800kg) in the front

WITHOUT MODS:

Subsoiler: BEDNAR FB-3000 12km / h (7780kg) = 7.780ton:

Start at 15km / h in the flat, when you start climbing, start going down to 11km / h and keep until the end.

Plow: Gregoire Besson SPSL9 15km / h (14700kg) = 14.7ton:

Start at 12km / h in the flat and when you start climbing down to 0-1 and the wheels skate.

Reason: Differential Lock

A high horsepower tractor when pulling a tool that weighs a little more than half the weight of the tractor itself is logical that if you do not block the skid differential, it is buried and will not ...

I tried with the TSX Enhanced Vehicle MOD that you can block the differential with it: (The MOD in version 1.5.1.0 does not work as it should and this causes sudden speed drops with the differential locked, because it does not lock completely and unlocks constantly)

MODS: TSX Enhanced Vehicle v1.6.4.0

Plow: Gregoire Besson SPSL9 15km / h (14700kg) = 14.7ton:

Start at 9-10km / h in the flat and when you start climbing, go down to 2-3-6 but go up.

Subsoiler: BEDNAR FB-3000 12km / h (7780kg) = 7.780ton:

It starts at 15km / h in the plain, when it starts to climb it starts from 11km / h to 12km / h.

If I'm wrong you tell me. In my view, the problem is, which for me is none. That GIANTS has retouched the physics of the vehicles and especially that of CLAAS to more realistic values ​​and that they now use the unit of weight in kilograms (1000kg / 1ton)

If a tool needs 500hp, a 500hp tractor will pull it flat at its maximum speed, but on a slope you would need more power about 550-600hp and a larger tractor (more gross weight) to go to its maximum working speed.

What is a problem is that they must add the characteristic of whether or not you want to block the differential to your tractor because this directly influences the performance.

This is how the FS17 MoreRealistic MOD worked, which GIANTS is getting a little closer to the behavior of the Giants Engine.

Sorry for my English.

I hope this comment is useful for you.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I don't plow or cultivate at those speeds KCHARRO, it was just a test last night to see what was wrong with the Claas 5000 Xerion. By unlocking the speed limits of the Ploughs and Cultivators using the Fast Farming Trick it was much easier to see the problem that people have been reporting that the Claas struggles to get up to the operating speed of some of the larger ploughs and cultivators that it should be more then capable of pulling with ease. As it turns out some of the original base game tractors it turns out have the wrong TorqueScale values which means for example in the case of the John Deere 8R which if you buy the 450HP Engine option in the store, actually has 680HP when you actually use it because it's Torque Scale is 2.8. The Class 5000 Xerion actually has a Torque Scale a bit lower then what it should have to be 530HP and that's why it is struggling with some tools to reach or maintain the correct operating or working speed.

I was further able to test and confirm this tonight when McKnight Gaming over on the Expendables Modding Group on Facebook released the Claas Tractors as a Modpack where he's somehow managed to get them out of the encrypted dlc file and added the option to all the tractors to be able to alter their colours in the store. However what this let me do was look in the Claas 5000 xml file, and see the Engine Configuration and edit the Torque Scale. I increased it to put it on par with the in game 8R and 8RT, and tested ploughing and cultivating again and now the Claas has no issues getting up to the working speed of the tool and maintaining it, even on varying terrain elevations. So last night when trying to Cultivate using the Flexicoil ST820 I was getting instances where the Claas was only travelling at 1KPH. Tonight with the fixed modded version it was pretty much always doing 15KPH, only occasionally dropping to about 10KPH when travelling up a steep slope.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

Thanks for the info....

I will try to get that pack ... and fix the xml's ... to do more tests .... Thanks
Dal100

Post by Dal100 »

bale wrapper is not seasons ready so wrapping bales turns in to silage . No waiting needed . bit of a mistake but its a great DLC
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

You guys do know that decrypting the DLCs is against the ToS right? You guys are literally talking about illegal activities -.-
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:45 pm
It is not difficult to get the files out of the DLC. This has been done ever since 13. I will NOT say how (see note below). But to the best of my knowledge there is still not possible to get the i3D file opened.

Note: breaking the encryption to open the DLC to extract the files would be considered illegal or wrong no matter how anyone tries to justify it.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Alagos wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:35 am You guys do know that decrypting the DLCs is against the ToS right? You guys are literally talking about illegal activities -.-
Actually what the guy did was make a pack of XML files that provide duplicates of the DLC Tractors, which the players can configure. His mod doesn’t actually include any models or textures from the DLC, his XMLs just refer to them. So if you don’t own or have the DLC installed the mod pack doesn’t work or even load in game. So technically he’s done nothing illegal as players still need to purchase and own the DLC.

I like what he did though as it’s always frustrated me that you can’t edit the Config on any DLC Vehicles or Tools because you can’t open or access their xml files. This is a nice workaround to that problem and hopefully the guy will make some other vehicles and tools available to edit now as well, for those of us that own all the DLC but find it a little bit disappointing compared to some base game vehicles or mods which you can download.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Absolutely loving the CLAAS DLC. Most definitely worth the money. More DLC like this would be fantastic.

Big *thumbsup* to GIANTS and CLAAS.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:35 am
Alagos wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:35 am You guys do know that decrypting the DLCs is against the ToS right? You guys are literally talking about illegal activities -.-
Actually what the guy did was make a pack of XML files that provide duplicates of the DLC Tractors, which the players can configure. His mod doesn’t actually include any models or textures from the DLC, his XMLs just refer to them. So if you don’t own or have the DLC installed the mod pack doesn’t work or even load in game. So technically he’s done nothing illegal as players still need to purchase and own the DLC.

I like what he did though as it’s always frustrated me that you can’t edit the Config on any DLC Vehicles or Tools because you can’t open or access their xml files. This is a nice workaround to that problem and hopefully the guy will make some other vehicles and tools available to edit now as well, for those of us that own all the DLC but find it a little bit disappointing compared to some base game vehicles or mods which you can download.
You apparently have no idea what he did. He opened the encrypted DLC and extracted the XML files. He did not create them. Please don't make statements about things you do not know.

So yeah spreading that pack is definitely not legal as it contains the property of Giants, that he stole from an encrypted file.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Sir Ironoak

Post by Sir Ironoak »

I really love this Claas DLC!

Would love other DLC's like this, absolutely packed with stuff! =)
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Stuff I like:
- Xerion 5000, tied with Fendt Vario 1000 as my favorite tractor
- Most of the sound effects are pretty good

Stuff I'd be more prone to use if it had some changes
- Any other tractor that has rimmed duals or narrow duals, except for the Axion 900 series. All the other tractors are less HP for the slot compared to competition (large loader tractor, most are 250+ hp, Claas is 205 max)
- Wheel loader sound effects are pretty bad
- No wheel options for combine (though base game doesn't have this on most high end combines)
- 12.3m headers are a bit long for the largest Claas header trailer when being pulled by combine
- Disc mowers don't windrow

I wouldn't recommend this DLC to anyone unless they just are obsessed with Claas.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

No universal/CV joints on all tractors exept xerion (big thumb down). Sounds are kinda meh, could been alot better (def the big wheel loader). 800/900 serie is abit "weak" Or I have played to much with the OP Fendt 1000 ;) Other then that, good pack! 3.8 of 5 rating.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi