What will giants do next?

PrincessJessi84

Re: What will giants do next?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

i really like that suggestion Deereslayer! idk if its something they would do but it would certainly be welcome by me
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Deereslayer wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:16 am Make the workers an actual employee you hire or fire, not just a job by job basis. Can be like buying equipment, pay more for more experienced workers that can do any job and go max working speed and minimal repair usage. Or hire cheaper people who can't do all jobs, maybe don't work as fast and the repair bar goes faster. And the longer you employ someone, the more experienced they become and work better. This would really add a whole new sense of realism to the game.
I like this idea ^^^
Ignorance is bliss
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

While in principle the hire and fire bit is a good idea, it would need to be well managed, as I use them to line-up a straight run in a field, then continue it myself (not an issue on the standard maps, but needed on mod maps with multi-terrain angle, which also gives you many more helper working directions on PC).

But I agree it would be nice to have a more meaningful relationship with them. Perhaps you could assign a helper to each tractor so whenever you select a helper they usually drive the same vehicle rather than a constantly changing Helper A, B, C. Would be good to name them too, or at least have regional names, or perhaps names mappers could set dependant on location.

Unless they get a complete overhaul (much needed in my opinion) and can do more complex jobs, such as carting, then I don't think the AI are good enough to class as employees.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

How nice would it be if you could assign equipment to a helper and a task, and he would drive by himself to that field and do his job?

How nice would it be if a helper would recognize a field and do a job, like plowing, and wouldn’t stop plowing until the whole field was plowed. Without jumping to a neighboring field! If courseplay can recognize a field and setup a pattern for it, why can’t workers recognize fields?
Ignorance is bliss
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

It would be cool to help computer farmers to help feed livestock and/or you feed livestock for them but they'll provide the food needed to feed the livestock, and get paid for it im sure farmers ask other farmers to feed and water and everything else in between while their out of town, but i would like more interaction with gardening and greenhouses, you water and fertilize it, not just automatically does it, i love cleaning up/out animal pens, gives me something to do. Yes i know there's field missions, but it gets boring just grinding away just doin mission after mission.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Could they ever make a FS where mods from the previous version would work. Seems 19 has just found it’s feet and now everyone is talking about 21, personally I would like to see an “upgrade” on some sort to extend the life on 19 instead of a new version of the game.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

on the note of worker AI in general.. this is actually one area where farming sim does fall REALLY short of its competitors.. while i rarely use the helpers myself i wholly agree that it should and could be so much better.. any way they choose to implement it will be speculation on our part until its done.. but we can collectively hope they fix this terrible aspect of the game.. to those who don't think its terrible i implore u.. hire workers on farmers dynasty.. they will actually drive their own equipment to your field, do the work and drive away when they r done.. CandC also has a fine AI working system.. its been awhile since i played with it but as i recall it can literally do most or all of the things people want the AI to do.. my big thing with the "AI" is traffic.. i spend many a lonely hour on my games as i refuse to play with this "traffic" turned on as its COMPLETELY game and emersion breaking for me.. even similar traffic to Construction Simulator 2015 would be a HUGE step forward.. don't even get me started on the traffic in games like ATS or ETS2.. there is no comparison to be made with those games and farming simulator
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
firekip

Post by firekip »

I would like to have the opportunity to own different farms on my map, and the money, machinery, etc. are kept separate. So I could run a small farm with older equipment and a large production farm with newer equipment as well, or a grain farm and a livestock farm. Right now I just have separate save games set up for each type of farm.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

firekip wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:57 pm I would like to have the opportunity to own different farms on my map, and the money, machinery, etc. are kept separate. So I could run a small farm with older equipment and a large production farm with newer equipment as well, or a grain farm and a livestock farm. Right now I just have separate save games set up for each type of farm.
Start in multiplayer, setup separate farms. Can switch between the farms whenever desired.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

Deereslayer wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:16 am Make the workers an actual employee you hire or fire, not just a job by job basis. Can be like buying equipment, pay more for more experienced workers that can do any job and go max working speed and minimal repair usage. Or hire cheaper people who can't do all jobs, maybe don't work as fast and the repair bar goes faster. And the longer you employ someone, the more experienced they become and work better. This would really add a whole new sense of realism to the game.
"LIKED"
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

By chance, does anyone have any of the historical threads like this for FS19, FS17 or FS15? It might be interesting to see what was really wanted vs what was delivered.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Another thing would be leasing land. Its a huge real life thing, get it in the game please?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

bossmanslim wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:00 pm By chance, does anyone have any of the historical threads like this for FS19, FS17 or FS15? It might be interesting to see what was really wanted vs what was delivered.
It's probably lost to the ages now, but around mid-FS15 time (I think) GIANTS made a survey asking players what would be their most requested addition or improvement.

Among the list (of around 7-10 items if I remember correctly) were things like physics, graphics and so on. New brands and models was the overwhelming winner.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

It would be nice to be able to use modded or even GIANTS DLC equipment when borrowing something for a contract.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I wonder when the next patch will arrive.
Ignorance is bliss