Growers Farm and Giants

Reed Engineering

Re: Growers Farm and Giants

Post by Reed Engineering »

The thing with it is. It will be released for both pc and console players and it’s up to the modder to decide when that is. It could well be ready for pc but not console so he will hold off until it is

I completely agree that the QA team are a law into themselves and have been for an extremely long time. For years even. It is something that giants can easily fix by have a fact sheet that all the QA team has to follow and that’s it. But giants don’t do this. They seem to have some ground rules and then the QA team can then make the rest up as they go along. This it’s what’s driven god knows how many modders including myself to release mods elsewhere. Yes it *censored* because we as modders would love to have our work enjoyed by all players and not just PC Players. The only way to change it is to get giants to see what they are doing is wrong and or for all modders to boycott the mod hub but I fear neither will happen anytime soon as it’s not happened yet in all these years. Would love to be proved wrong one day though.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
Reed Engineering

Skullblits wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:47 pm OK chaps that person won't be back. Sorry for being late
Thanks Skull
Pc Player
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

pitstop25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:29 pm The thing with it is. It will be released for both pc and console players and it’s up to the modder to decide when that is. It could well be ready for pc but not console so he will hold off until it is
Above is true.

But when it comes to conspiracy theories about Giants QA I can just say that I have yet to see a single piece of evidence. Drama occurs when a modder is rejected for some reason and then speculation and conspiracy starts. Just don't. Not again. Not here. Just don't.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Reed Engineering

It’s not conspiracy at all. There is absolutely loads of evidence and in plane sight. There have been many examples listed before. There have been many mods released that have stuff wrong with them and yet other modders have had their mods failed for the same things. One example is oxygen David had one of his maps failed because of flouting abjects and yet many maps have before and since been released with exactly the same thing.

So to say is a conspiracy theory is just ridiculous. You either lie to yourself because you want to defend giants or you simply don’t care to correct the issue. Either way don’t a ever tell me what I can and can’t post. I live my life by evidence and hard facts. I have no interest in conspiracy theories and misinformation. Don’t say there is no evidence for things just because you are reluctant to look. It’s easy enough to find the evidence. It’s not like it’s a new thing this has been going on for years. Read and look for the information and there for all to see.
Pc Player
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

pitstop25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:11 pm
lol :biggrin2: I forgive you since you don't know who I am.

Well, they are humans aren't they? Anyway.... I never said anything about you throwing conspiracy theories out, yet you assumed so. And yet you accuse me of either lying to myself or defending Giants. Funny isn't it?

The conspiracy is NOT the fact that they are humans and some irregularities will always occur. The conspiracy is when people claim that they do it on purpose ("Giants hates US equipment") or claiming that Giants does not have a set of rules they follow (What do we know about this? Nothing). That is pure speculation. And modders that decide to release elsewhere will blaim their own failure on Giants.

Not everything is black and white, they have to make decisions on every single mod test and there is a logic to it, and don't bring up "yeah but they approved that then" and "they failed it but it's the same". Yes, humans sometimes miss things and approve a mod although it has issues. That is not the same thing as not having a set of rules and a procedure to follow.

Here is the test procedure written for modders. It gives a hint on what Giants test, in what order and how. Now it's not completely stupid to realize that their internal document is more rigorous that this:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/lp/mo ... nes-en.php

Edit: btw, please enlighten us with a link to your mods that you have released elsewhere. Thank you.
//Jens Ejvinsson

eric21

Post by eric21 »

pitstop25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:11 pm It’s not conspiracy at all. There is absolutely loads of evidence and in plane sight. There have been many examples listed before. There have been many mods released that have stuff wrong with them and yet other modders have had their mods failed for the same things. One example is oxygen David had one of his maps failed because of flouting abjects and yet many maps have before and since been released with exactly the same thing.

So to say is a conspiracy theory is just ridiculous. You either lie to yourself because you want to defend giants or you simply don’t care to correct the issue. Either way don’t a ever tell me what I can and can’t post. I live my life by evidence and hard facts. I have no interest in conspiracy theories and misinformation. Don’t say there is no evidence for things just because you are reluctant to look. It’s easy enough to find the evidence. It’s not like it’s a new thing this has been going on for years. Read and look for the information and there for all to see.
Hehe "I have evidence!!" You sound like a corrupt world leader "I have proof!!!, but on not going to show it to you all"
eric21

Post by eric21 »

pitstop25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:55 pm This is not a public forum. I think you need to learn definitions. You are commenting an equivocation fallacy.

This is a forum owned by Giants that is a private company and will set their own rules to what they will expect and what they don’t.

Being obtuse, inflammatory, disrespectful, is something they will not except and nore should they have to. You are the typical person that thinks that freedom of speech applies to them no matter what. Well it does not and if you spent 5 mins of your day to actually educate yourself on how laws work then we would not have to explain that to you in the first place.

You might not like the way mods are done but there is a way of having an opinion and discussion about it without being damn right rude to all those involved. Even if there was freedom to say as you like it does not mean you should it you are incapable of doing so like an adult and not use inflammatory remarks to do so. As soon as you do it the ignorant way you have you have lost any argument you may have had. It really is not that difficult to articulate yourself and actually form a post in a respectful manner.

I actually do hope that you get removed from here because I’m sick of seeing members like yourself on here lately that do nothing but bring the whole forum down to a childish manner with fighting all because you have no idea how to be respectful of others and have absolutely no idea how to form a coherent post without thinking your opinion is a fact and feel like you have the upper hand. Well when you are banned you will see just how your freedom of speech works for you.

Either learn to be respectful or leave. It’s really not that difficult to do!!!
This is a public forum as anyone can join, a private forum is where let's say a company forum where everyone works can join
Reed Engineering

Do I need to worry about who you are. Or are you trying to go with the argument from a authority? Because that won’t wash with me. An argument stands on its own and not by who or what position someone is.

You said it right there “ Drama occurs when a modder is rejected for some reason and then speculation and conspiracy starts” they are your exact words?

Now you have said the conspiracy starts when people say they are doing it on purpose. Now please show me where I have said they where doing it on purpose. Maybe re read what I have actually said and not try and interpret it how you wish. As soon as you stay with that sort of behaviour then you have already lost respect in the discussion. Now either debate me on the things I say and not on what you think I’ve said or don’t wast my time!!!

Now to this “only being human” an extremely weak argument tbh. They apparently have their guidelines/fact sheet whatever you wish to call it then human error should not be in there. That’s exactly the reason to have guidelines/fact sheets so every single on that list does not get missed and is not left down to human error. And even at that when a mod is sent in more then ones as mods are and that’s not a problem but when more then one QA member then misses the exact same thing then it goes to show some serious issues. One person missing something is human error. More then one person is a simple misunderstanding of the whole point is of doing your job and again if a fact sheet was being followed then it would not happen.

It’s the system they use to test is another big issue. They don’t play the mods in the game. It’s all scripts running to make sure that the textures are in the right format, size, ect. Then there is the xml test script they run. The very same thing that can be found for free online and by what I’ve seen posted here comes free with a Mac. And the kicker is them xml fines are run through the test program and pass and yet I’ve had two mods so far this year then when I’ve run them through the xml checker has found broken code. Now if I can find the problems then why can’t the QA team that are way more qualified to do so? That’s just one example.

As for saying that modders release outside of the giants mod hub to hide their own failings. An what an asinine thing to say and I won’t even bother with that one. Other modders that you just attacked for now reason may wish to though.

I’m well aware of the modders guide book. Have read it before. It does not answer anything to do with this discussion so it’s a non sequitur.

I will get the links now give me two secs as I’m typing this on my phone so will have to do the links bit on the pc.
Pc Player
Reed Engineering

eric21 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:08 pm
pitstop25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:55 pm This is not a public forum. I think you need to learn definitions. You are commenting an equivocation fallacy.

This is a forum owned by Giants that is a private company and will set their own rules to what they will expect and what they don’t.

Being obtuse, inflammatory, disrespectful, is something they will not except and nore should they have to. You are the typical person that thinks that freedom of speech applies to them no matter what. Well it does not and if you spent 5 mins of your day to actually educate yourself on how laws work then we would not have to explain that to you in the first place.

You might not like the way mods are done but there is a way of having an opinion and discussion about it without being damn right rude to all those involved. Even if there was freedom to say as you like it does not mean you should it you are incapable of doing so like an adult and not use inflammatory remarks to do so. As soon as you do it the ignorant way you have you have lost any argument you may have had. It really is not that difficult to articulate yourself and actually form a post in a respectful manner.

I actually do hope that you get removed from here because I’m sick of seeing members like yourself on here lately that do nothing but bring the whole forum down to a childish manner with fighting all because you have no idea how to be respectful of others and have absolutely no idea how to form a coherent post without thinking your opinion is a fact and feel like you have the upper hand. Well when you are banned you will see just how your freedom of speech works for you.

This is a public forum as anyone can join, a private forum is where let's say a company forum where everyone works can join

What are you on about? Can you try that again?
Pc Player
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Giants reading this topic be like:
Reed Engineering

eric21 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:08 pm

I’m well aware of what it is and your wrong. In corporate law this forum would come under the listing of private as in its not own by the public therefore can’t be used as a public speech platform. Ie because it’s owned by a privet company then it’s users have to follow the rules that they stipulate. The only laws they are under is criminal law. Like for instance allowing members to post a link to copyrighted music or something.

Therefore freedom of speech laws do not apply here no matter what country you happen to be in while typing. Internet law is completely different to country laws.
Last edited by Reed Engineering on Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pc Player
Reed Engineering

asyvan wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:29 pm Edit: btw, please enlighten us with a link to your mods that you have released elsewhere. Thank you.
The links to my mods. They are on other sites as well but all have the same download link so not much point posting them all up.

http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... er-pack-1/

http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... tions-1-0/

Pc Player
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

People get back on topic or I'm gunna lock this

Thanks
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Reed Engineering

Tomazius96 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:20 pm Giants reading this topic be like:
If they have popcorn 🍿 they better be sharing it 🤗🤗🤗🤗
Pc Player
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

pitstop25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:26 pm
The links to my mods. They are on other sites as well but all have the same download link so not much point posting them all up.

http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... er-pack-1/

I honestly praise you for doing mods, and I hope you will continue to so... including submitting to Giants Modhub.
Well done.
Last edited by asyvan on Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//Jens Ejvinsson